Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The royal wedding who cares.(Maybe Meghan)(Lovers of Royal Wedding thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

....... wrote: »
    Actually, the first guy was. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

Sad really that both bride and groom won't have their fathers at the wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

OldRio wrote: »

Yeah, that joke has been done over and over and over.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

OldRio wrote: »
    Think it's fairly obvious he's the spit of his grandad Phil the Greek.

0c3fdf64076dc0ce87e129e04288ff0c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Yeah, I don’t get the James Hewitt thing. I see Charles in Harry, never mind Philip!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Me too. He's his father's son and bears a strong resemblance to DoE.

Hewitt only met Diana after she had had her second son anyway as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

He's getting more like Charles as he gets older. But wow, that last comparison photo - they are so alike!

There’s Spencer DNA in there too so those features aren’t going to completely match up.

• Advertisement

I see it in the eyebrows, chin teeth and lips. But there are differences elsewhere like you say - and as Dara says the Spencer genes get a mix in there too.
    The only thing he has in common with Hewitt is the red hair. It's like people just see two gingers and think they all look so alike.

I think in those examples, there’s a resemblance but looking closely, very few features closely match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Made the mistake of turning on Ireland am on tv3, while I'm not really bothered with the wedding the fawning behavior on display has me a bit wtf.

I've no interest in it myself. ( I just hope it doesn't clash with the rugby or the hurling tomorrow. Otherwise there could be issues with OH. )
    However, I am far more exercised by the ärseholes in Donegal who intimidated a hotel into cancelling the event they had planned around it. Are you not?
    Unless I've missed something here that gobsh1te bullying hasn't rated a mention in this thread. Either you folks are not keeping up to date with the news or you have your priorities wrong.

When I say I have no interest perhaps I should qualify that. Re the Eurovision for instance I have little or no interest in the songs but the voting interests me. Likewise tomorrow I will be curious to know if she turns up or leaves him standing at the altar. After that the rest is academic for me.

feargale wrote: »
    However, I am far more exercised by the ärseholes in Donegal who intimidated a hotel into cancelling the event they had planned around it. Are you not?

I couldn't believe it when I heard that happened. It's disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Have you a link?

Royal wedding event at Irish hotel axed after 'intimidation' - Indo 4 or 5 days ago.

I see another poster has linked to the Irish Times.

• Advertisement

This thread isn't a discussion about the wedding itself though.

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Why would anyone have a problem with people gathering to watch the wedding? It's pathetic. The hotel shouldn't have caved to the threats.

My own partner, her mother, my mother and their friends are all meeting up for it.

It's like the World Cup for women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

valoren wrote: »
    I think Markle is a smart cookie, so smart in fact, that she completely understands the concept that you deal with toxic people, by not dealing with them. So the father and sister are out.

I'd say too, she was well up on their antics when she was a semi-famous actress before her involvement with Prince Harry. They must've been spitting jealousy at her many times over the years and now the wedding into the royal family has really sent them over the edge. Funny how in all the old child family photos published she is beaming ear to ear, happy out, but the rest of them look rather miserable.

A nest of vipers, she must be glad to be rid of them. She will have the royal court officials to protect her now and keep them all away, lucky girl. Her Mum is the only one who comes across as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

So....what’s the story here?
    First the hoo-ha about the dad,then various stories about his health being the reason he’s not going....then the story it was her mum(who apparantly she’s very close to)was giving her away...and now we’re being told she asked Prince Charles to give her away...
    Don’t know about you but that last bit seems the mostly unlikely part of the whole soap opera...why would you ask your future father in law to give you away when your own mother will be there (twiddling her thumbs) as this happens...
    Can’t help thinking there’s no way Meghan decided that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

jojofizzio wrote: »
    First the hoo-ha about the dad,then various stories about his health being the reason he’s not going....then the story it was her mum(who apparantly she’s very close to)was giving her away...and now we’re being told she asked Prince Charles to give her away...
    Don’t know about you but that last bit seems the mostly unlikely part of the whole soap opera...why would you ask your future father in law to give you away when your own mother will be there (twiddling her thumbs) as this happens...

It's quite a psychological, territorial stance, if you ask me.. Charles, the future King and Harry's Dad, gives her away.. what better way to say she's in our family now, under our protection, a new royal, embarrass her again or mess with her and you mess with us. A wee-bit mafia like, lol!

Megan is then surrounded on the big day by future King Charles, Prince Harry and future King William.. it's well done, I give them that.. and Mum probably feels too intimidated to give Megan away and who would blame her?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

jojofizzio wrote: »

Well it's not unique. It has happened before as was pointed out by a poster earlier in the thread, that king Gustav VI of Sweden(I think. I'm sorry if I've misremembered the info they posted) walked his future daughter in law up the aisle as her father had died.

Maybe her mother didn't want to do it. I mean eyes of the world on you, in front of 800 people in a 15th century church which stands on a site that's had a castle there since the 11th century, and the top people in the British royal family watching you. I mean it's a daunting task when you think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Charles the future king? Lizzy is good for another ten years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Charles the future king? Lizzy is good for another ten years.
    Is there a doubt who is the next monarch of the house of Windsor ? It's going to Charles and she very may well have ten years left in her.

Advertisement