Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Your gardening photos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SylviaBogle

The Rose flowers I love most. This enjoyed me a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭kindredspirit

Dudleya virens ssp. hassei from Santa Catalina Island off the west coast of North America. Lovely farina on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 John M00re

I managed to make this spooky flower bloom. I'm quite proud

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Macker

Ladybirds getting lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭galaxy12

Alliums in full splendor , planted last November .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Garden looking good after the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Just some pea starting to climb and few "bucket variety potato"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭secman

Grass not in great shape, lots of creeping buttercup to be dealt with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Getting lush now

• Subscribers Posts: 683 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Took a snapshot yesterday of everything flowering so far in the back garden. Have been letting it go pretty wild the last few years. Counted nearly 40 different types of flower, not bad for a small garden in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What a nice selection, I can match most of them in my garden except the borage on the bottom row, I must try again with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Starting to bloom here now. My geraniums and pincushions are slow to get going though!

• My garden when I moved into house in 2018 versus now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Wow! What a transformation! Fair play!

• Thanks. Had a professional do the paving and fencing but the the rest is my own work.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭galaxy12

Nepeta ,echinops , Osmanthus ,huechra and broom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

New build house only moved in late October 2021. Big site about 1.25 acres and I was not going to be mowing it all...got the builder to just to level it all out and put down some no2 lawn seed in October, eek!. To be honest it did sprout in November and got a "bit" of color but it then took off in spring time. There are some of the patches in the lawn/field that patchy but every day its coming on.

Decided to let the grass grow long and cut paths through it and around the edges and its beginning to look great. We have a small area just in front of the patio that is a traditional lawn but its only about 10m x 3m. Got about 200+ 2-4ft bareroot trees over the winter and put them around the edges and a few spots all native trees mostly whitethorn but also including crabapple, elder, willow, hazel, and alder

This is the back of the house and down at the bottom corner, the grass on the right hand side here is the old farm pasture that has not been cut in about 2 years and its looking good also grass on the left of the path is the new lawn. The paths are great they do lead you down the garden and encourage you to walk around it...even saw my 18 year old son walking down the paths one evening.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

A little collage of photo's from my parent's garden, taken today 🙂

• My mother's beautiful back garden. Moved in the week I was born 41 years ago and it was a pile of builder's rubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭looksee

A 'wild patch' in the garden. The foxgloves and a few other things are self-seeded, the daisies, marigolds and chamomile were moved from other bits of the garden in a haphazard sort of way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Was painting the house last week and got this unusual shot from the ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,231 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

If you ever want to ignore a plant, I can recommend this one. They’ve been in an unheated conservatory for the past year, maybe watered twice.

And then they produce this. Plants are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Waiting for lots of plants to grow. Some dahlias have already flowered and doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

First time our passion flower has flowered 😀

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Reseeded.

And after 12 days.

Ground Elder top left corner creeping in 😀 That's all been dug out now but it's established in lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭rje66

First time growing tree lilies, might get a few more for next year. Anyone else got some??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I took this photo 2 weeks ago. The side of the house. The beach trees are doing very well these last 3 years and one is even giving off seeds.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Raspberries & Blueberries coming up trumps this year 😎 (it's the seaweed feed that does the trick)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

First time taking leaf cuttings this Summer and all five cuttings doing well with new buds. This time of year the garden is pretty crowded with plants.

• Advertisement

• Some huge gladioli this year.

Advertisement