Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13 year-old girl critical after Lisnaskea machete attack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Gerry G wrote: »
    Yeah you're right, I kinda feel a bit guilty now

See that you make some kind of financial contribution this Christmas to Pavee point.
    You’ll be enjoying your Christmas dinner peacefully with your family while they are feuding out of control because settled people won’t spare some money for professional mediators to sort out the feud.
    How is that fair on them?!?
    Cop yourself on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

splinter65 wrote: »
    See that you make some kind of financial contribution this Christmas to Pavee point.
    You’ll be enjoying your Christmas dinner peacefully with your family while they are feuding out of control because settled people won’t spare some money for professional mediators to sort out the feud.
    How is that fair on them?!?
    Cop yourself on now.

Ah come on man, I'm feeling bad enough without you rubbing it in. How do I contribute to Pavee point. Will cash do or do they only accept travellers cheques?? Badoom Tish

• Registered Users Posts: 51,644 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They may as well be standing on O'connell bridge shouting their threats, it's no different than spreading it online. If they did it out in public they wouldn't be long getting locked up. It's bizarre stuff. The internet has given these knuckle draggers the perfect stage to showcase their brain power

With the huge amount of “ call out “ and “ insult “ videos it would take a special unit to be set up to police it and investigate threats. Then if that was done it would be deemed racist by Pavee Point and their backers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Will cash do or do they only accept travellers cheques?? Badoom Tish
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

splinter65 wrote: »
    I’m not being trite but you don’t seem to realise that it is part of their culture and therefore their right to do this.
    Pavee point are very firm about this.
    It’s not the travellers responsibility to stop feuding. It’s the responsibility of government and society at large to provide proper professional mediation in order to reach a satisfactory conclusion in these feuds.
    Were not doing that so ultimately it’s the settled people’s fault that this little girl was attacked with a machete.
    More or less every negative attached to a traveller is settled peoples fault.

Is this a serious post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Honestly, I don’t think the parents care nor would they ever acknowledge that they are responsible for the environment they have raised that child in. Just look at the video her brother took. The mother is more interested in facing the camera telling everyone that they didn’t cut her. What the ****? Her daughter is left alone on the sofa whilst the adults play their stupid games.

Social services need to be stepping into these situations when the kids are young. The girl that was injured has younger siblings and a baby nephew who she did shield from getting hurt. Is it a safe environment for them children to be left in?

The poor girl wasn't the daughter, she was a sister of Christy Joyces wife so the babys aunt and was was staying with them.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/13-year-old-girl-machete-attack-fermanagh-must-learn-walk-174034

Went to onto John Connors twitter page to see if he had any comment but all the posting there is about some councillors 10 year old tweets.

Surely the police would be able to trace the source of the attack video posted on Youtube. There was a folow up video posted by some guy denying it was him but he was wearing a similar tracksuit to one of the attackers.

stoneill wrote: »
    Is this a serious post?

Ah here

Thanks Patrick. I assumed she was Christy’s sister because of the house they were in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The poor girl wasn't the daughter, she was a sister of Christy Joyces wife so the babys aunt and was was staying with them.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/13-year-old-girl-machete-attack-fermanagh-must-learn-walk-174034

That’s interesting. I figured it wasn’t Gramsey’s daughter as the video of her beating up the mentally disabled Aunt showed her to be a lot fatter than the victim of the stabbing.

That’s interesting. I figured it wasn’t Gramsey’s daughter as the video of her beating up the mentally disabled Aunt showed her to be a lot fatter than the victim of the stabbing.

I think they might find it offensive being called fat. You're on thin ice here, will you please respect their feelings

• Advertisement

I think they might find it offensive being called fat. You're on thin ice here, will you please respect their feelings

If you’re offended I’ll wait for your call out video before reacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

stoneill wrote: »
    Is this a serious post?

Dead serious.

If you’re offended I’ll wait for your call out video before reacting.

I'm off to sharpen my slash hook before I make any video. I find holding it in my videos helps me to think better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I'm off to sharpen my slash hook before I make any video. I find holding it in my videos helps me to think better

Bought a slash hook the last day. €32, hardly worth sharpening and old one!

Bullocks wrote: »

Are you saying there is something wrong with my old slash hook boss? Call out video on the way to you too. Don't ever insult my slash hook ya dirty bowsies bowsy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

With the huge amount of “ call out “ and “ insult “ videos it would take a special unit to be set up to police it and investigate threats. Then if that was done it would be deemed racist by Pavee Point and their backers.

Yep - and I'd confidently predict that Matt the Snowflake would be one of the first to play the racist card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Bullocks wrote: »

You bought a slash hook, surr they are free as they part of the culture.

171170 wrote: »
    Yep - and I'd confidently predict that Matt the Snowflake would be one of the first to play the racist card.

Three arrests in Athlone today over threats made on Social Media. RTÉ.
    Could be connected to the Fermanagh assaults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Tis Travelling business, Should be left to Travellers to sort out :pac:

Yes it is.

From the bottom of the article
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/1121/1094303-garda-threats/

RTE wrote:
    They are also liaising with them over whether the social media videos may be connected to a recent serious incident in Co Fermanagh, which is under investigation by the PSNI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Those boys are never off Youtube, Bernie Joyce posting his alibis and denying involvement. Should be hard to build a case about these clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

GreeBo wrote: »
    The ****in size of that telly

So that's where that telly went that they sold me in the Tesco car park,still trying to tune in the half a sheet of ply in the box that I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Those boys are never off Youtube, Bernie Joyce posting his alibis and denying involvement. Should be hard to build a case about these clowns.

Building a case one thing, they have to be extradited for a trial on this one given its northern Ireland the assault happened.
    Be a long time before anyone stands trial for it I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

What young travellers are exposed to from an early age can't be healthy.

No wonder the country is the way it is.

riemann wrote: »
    What young travellers are exposed to from an early age can't be healthy.

No wonder the country is the way it is.

It's their culture boss

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Do these priests ever try and get out into the parish and seriously calm these people down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

It's their culture boss

For a community they don't all appear to be on the friendliest of terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Mentally assessed indeed. Watch this from 4th November. Sorry, 9th October.

The f*ck did I just watch?

Effects wrote: »
    Do these priests ever try and get out into the parish and seriously calm these people down?

That lad does, over a full dinner table.

• Advertisement

The f*ck did I just watch?

Canster

Advertisement