Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13 year-old girl critical after Lisnaskea machete attack

Options

Comments

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the video of the actual attack shows the code (I don’t know the correct term. The numbers that a pic or vid is filed under). Even if they deleted that video, would the numbers shown on other pics or vids correspond in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,452 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Building a case one thing, they have to be extradited for a trial on this one given its northern Ireland the assault happened.
    Be a long time before anyone stands trial for it I'd say.

That can be done readily enough now, a European extradition warrant, or there is enough in place in this State and the U.K..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The f*ck did I just watch?

Did he say that young Joe Joyce is sexting some young wan?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Saw one of the call out videos today they made after it happened, they even included the kid who was injured in it which was a strange thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

People that are called racists and bashers are only calling for the law to be ENFORCED equally across the board.

This is clearly not the case and it causes anger and even hate.
    Those who use the word equality and racist in weaponised ways really do not want equality.
    I know there was no internet in the 70s and 80s and I was only a child but was it the same for people trying to call out the abuse in the church?

The people in this case are allowed to keep their children why not state intervention?

The answer from the state is so called hate speech laws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

Big Joe won't be happy about this. Joe, the son will be be hopping with the need to exact revenge, while Joe the grandchild will be wondering who his bride will be so he can name his first named male child Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Big Joe won't be happy about this. Joe, the son will be be hopping with the need to exact revenge, while Joe the grandchild will be wondering who his bride will be so he can name his first named male child Joe

Is he marrying his cousin Josephine too? They like to marry their cousins ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

Gerry G wrote:
    Is he marrying his cousin Josephine too? They like to marry their cousins ya know?

Last I heard he had eyes for his younger sister Joelene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Dick_Swiveller

Find whoever did this and send them off to a island somewhere and let them survive on their own. Anyone capable of carrying out this sort of attack has no place in a functioning society.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Find whoever did this and send them off to a island somewhere and let them survive on their own. Anyone capable of carrying out this sort of attack has no place in a functioning society.
    Not only do they have a place but they have a minority status that will help excuse their actions in court :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Three people now charged. Good stuff. Hopefully the Gardai will now start charging each and everyone of them every time they post a threatening video. It's a pity Pavee Point didn't advocate arrests for making threatening call out videos. It's a simple solution which would dramatically curb feud violence.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1094303/?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Dante7 wrote: »
    Three people now charged. Good stuff. Hopefully the Gardai will now start charging each and everyone of them every time they post a threatening video. It's a pity Pavee Point didn't advocate arrests for making threatening call out videos. It's a simple solution which would dramatically curb feud violence.

Doubt they can be charged with anything that happened across the border.
    Probably weapon possession and threatening videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Doubt they can be charged with anything that happened across the border.
    Probably weapon possession and threatening videos.

But the fact is that they can be charged with threatening videos. It should have happened a long time ago. Time to take off the kid gloves and enforce zero tolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Effects wrote: »
    Do these priests ever try and get out into the parish and seriously calm these people down?

Coercing the poor priest.
    Again, bullying and pushing their way around no doubt.
    Feel bad for the priest that he had to agree to that shít charade.
    They push and impost themselves on anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Dante7 wrote: »

Pavee Point try to represent actual Travellers not Knackers, there is a big difference, even in their community. If Martin Collins walked onto a site and started giving people a lecture on behaving themselves regarding the fights and videos he would soon be punched around the place and end up on YouTube himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Coercing the poor priest.
    Again, bullying and pushing their way around no doubt.
    Feel bad for the priest that he had to agree to that shít charade.
    They push and impost themselves on anyone

I think I've seen that priest in a few other videos with travellers before.
    I'm sure he's getting a nice few quid for each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I'm surprised at the tolerance shown by the mods on this topic. If any other ethnic minority was spoken about in the way some posters on here are talking about travellers there would be cards flying around the place.
    Replace the word traveller with any other racial minority and you'll get my drift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

I'm surprised at the tolerance shown by the mods on this topic. If any other ethnic minority was spoken about in the way some posters on here are talking about travellers there would be cards flying around the place.
    Replace the word traveller with any other racial minority and you'll get my drift.

Most rational people don't buy into the ethnic minority nonsense when it comes to travellers.

It was something that was done as an attempt to make them above criticism because the government realised that they are utterly irredeemable as a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

randomspud wrote: »
    Most rational people don't buy into the ethnic minority nonsense when it comes to travellers.

It was something that was done as an attempt to make them above criticism because the government realised that they are utterly irredeemable as a group.

Whether you agree with it or not they are classed as an ethnic minority.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,716 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We are not going to go round looking for stuff you cannot be bothered to report

Do not comment about moderation in-thread

Any questions, PM me - do not respond to this post in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Seen the video of this, horrific life changing injury, dont care about their feuds there is no reason to cut a young girl like that.

my friend was sent this video [did'nt see it] who took this video? had they nothing better to be doing in such a situation, I know we can't stop it , but it's time something was done.:mad:

Have the 3 guys appeared in court yet? I’m gonna take a guess and say their names are Alan, Joe and Johnny or one might be named Bernie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,452 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Have the 3 guys appeared in court yet? I’m gonna take a guess and say their names are Alan, Joe and Johnny or one might be named Bernie.

The only thing you can guarantee is that they are at least first cousins of the Fermanagh people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Whether you agree with it or not they are classed as an ethnic minority.

So what? That doesn't make them exempt from the law.

People are criticising them for their criminality. And whether you like it or not, criminality is deeply embedded in their culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

If any other ethnic minority was spoken about in the way some posters on here are talking about travellers there would be cards flying around the place.

Nah, there's plenty of other threads with racism directed to other groups and it seems to be tolerated/not reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Effects wrote: »
    What was their response? I don't really want to call them up or waste their time.
    I'd be interested to know what their stance is though.

A very clear NO COMMENT

https://www.shannonside.ie/news/local/west-meath/three-athlone-men-appear-in-court-charged-with-recording-abusive-social-media-messages/
    The three men, all with an address in Blackberry lane, Athlone, appeared at a sitting of Mullingar District Court this afternoon.

26-year-old John Joyce, 22-year-old Alan Joyce and 49-year-old Bernard Joyce were all charged with a section six public order offence, concerning allegations of engaging in threating, abusive or insulting words or behaviour last month.

They were also charged with possession of knives.

The court heard there was no objection to bail and it was granted on strict conditions including that they cease from making or recording any intimidating or threatening videos and posting them on social media.

They will also have to sign on daily, obey a curfew and remain in the jurisdiction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

^^^ remain in jurisdiction

I hope they don't go travelling anywhere...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Due process, legal things.
    Sure just the other day I was reading on here the media were keeping it quiet...

Advertisement