Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options
  • 05-07-2015 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6.png
    Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 specifications:
    Dimensions: 154 x 77 x 8.35mm
    Weight: 159g
    Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939, octa-core
    Display: 5.5 inch Full HD (1080 x 1920)
    Storage: 16GB, microSD (up to 128GB)
    Memory: 2GB of RAM
    Camera: 13Mp rear-facing LED flash, 5Mp front-facing
    Operating system: Android 5.0, Lollipop
    Battery: 3000mAh

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - €169.99
    http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#product/prepay/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-pay-as-you-go

Unlock Code - €5.47
    http://m.ebay.ie/itm/291500548350?txnId=1188592076019

How to remove bloatware: Simply uninstall the Vodafone bloatware apps.

To remove Vodafone bootlogo download ES file manager and navigate to

/system/media

And remove or rename the bootlogo zip file.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6.png

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 specifications:
    Dimensions: 154 x 77 x 8.35mm
    Weight: 159g
    Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939, octa-core
    Display: 5.5 inch Full HD (1080 x 1920)
    Storage: 16GB, microSD (up to 128GB)
    Memory: 2GB of RAM
    Camera: 13Mp rear-facing LED flash, 5Mp front-facing
    Operating system: Android 5.0, Lollipop
    Battery: 3000mAh

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - €169.99
    http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#product/prepay/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-pay-as-you-go

Unlock Code - €3
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/231599542748

How to remove the vodafone bloatware simply uninstall the apps and to remove the Vodafone bootlogo download ES file manager and navigate to

/system/media

And remove or rename the bootlogo zip file.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Techmaster will loooove this!

sweetie wrote: »
    Techmaster will loooove this!

I know! But honestly I just bought one today and am very impressed with the phone. For the money it's great, even has fm radio!

sugarman wrote: »
    You dont need to Root it to remove the bloatware, you can actually just go straight into apps and uninstall!

Even better so! I went ahead and rooted mine anyway for adaway. Couldn't use a phone without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Are they dual sim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Where does this phone rank against branded phones?

would it be equivalent to the HTC one M9 or Sony experia z4?

Soarer wrote: »
    Are they dual sim?

Single sim

cuculainn wrote: »

Haven't had either of those phones, I'd think its more like a beefed up moto g than a high end phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Looks like a great phone, better specs and cheaper price than Moto G!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Surely this has to be the best bang for buck smart phone on the market right now. I'm very tempted, as my Sumsung S4 has seen better days, the only thing holding me back is the camera tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Surely this has to be the best bang for buck smart phone on the market right now.

Definitely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

cuculainn wrote: »

Think this is going to be the new
    ZTE san francisco or
    Huawei g300
    Good specs for minimal price and available easily enough.
    Probably better phones to be got from China but most people wont bother going down that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Leonovo k3 note,e141,gearbest,dual SIM,great spec,good reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Bought one of these today online so should have it during the week.

Does anyone have a link for a screen protector and/or backcover /case for the phone? Looking everywhere online including eBay and it's mostly the other smart "prime" model that cones up!

Just thinking it's a very new handset and will probably be a while for anything to become available for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

In any event, I'd recommend against Kingroot, it appears to send your IMEI to an unknown server in China, and funny stuff starts happening with data over WiFi. I'm still not confident I have all artifacts of it removed from my phone, will be doing a fresh reinstall ASAP on a C.A.P.

TL;DR - avoid Kingroot, await "proper" root from the likes of XDA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Anywhere to get screen protectors or covers/cases online or in store? I just bought one online yesterday so should have it tomorrow... I'm Vodafone so I'll be using it straight out of the box but I always take care of my phones and have to put a case or something on straight away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Bought this yesterday. Deleted all Vodafone apps easily and got it unlocked in less than an hour. Genuinely blown away by how stock android it is. Got it for my nephew. He's using it on three.
    He has one issue regards Snapchat. It crashes when he's applying a filter. Can anyone help? Or check if they have same issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Hmmm. I was holding out for my upgrade in September but this looks tempting to tide me over. The appeal of a bigger camera and screen is huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I was so close to buying this just now until I saw the dimensions. Its just too big for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Menas wrote: »
    I was so close to buying this just now until I saw the dimensions. Its just too big for me.

Small hand syndrome.;):pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Just purchased one online for my son. Looking forward to unlocking and rooting it for him. I've got a One Plus One and this is 85% of the performance of the OPO for half the price plus he'll easily sell the Note 2 I gave him for €100 so a serious upgrade for just €70 and no messing around with Chinese delivery times, quirky ROM's or apps etc. Stick a decent bumper case on it and it's a top phone for little money. No brainer.

Just ordered 2 covers off AliExpress and a pack of screen protectors from eBay. Seem to get a lot more when you type in ZTE blade s6 plus like you said.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

I got a Leagoo Lead 1 for Christmas and was very happy with it until the screen cracked. Decided I'd upgrade to a 4G phone. Ordered two in the last couple of months. Cancelled the first one due to delays. Was waiting on a P7000 but cancelled that on Friday, again due to delays. Picked up a Smart 6 Ultra on Friday and I have to say I'm both delighted and impressed with it so far.

All except one of the Vodafone apps can be uninstalled and the one that can't can be disabled.

For those that haven't already found out it's NFC enabled which isn't on the specs anywhere.

Antutu score is just over 25000, with performance better than at least 50% of rival phone.

IMHO a great phone for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plonker

on the ebay unlock site it says "IMPORTANT!!! IMEI numbers starting with 99xxx are not supported. Please do not place orders for this IMEI number as there is no way to enter the code"
    does this not apply to this phone?
    about to buy but dont want to get caught.
    are they available instore or just online?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

You buy it on eBay. Pop ur imei country and operator in a message to seller. I received mine in less than an hour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

i guess I know what im getting when i get my deposit back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

That antutu score is good, huawei ascend g7 is 17000 and its a great phone though about 80 dearer at least

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

plonker wrote: »
    on the ebay unlock site it says "IMPORTANT!!! IMEI numbers starting with 99xxx are not supported. Please do not place orders for this IMEI number as there is no way to enter the code"
    does this not apply to this phone?
    about to buy but dont want to get caught.
    are they available instore or just online?

Mine started with 35....don't know if all Vodafone Ireland phones start with that

• Advertisement

AFAIK all Irish phones start with 358 or 359. No problem unlocking the phone here anyway.

Advertisement