Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ah Porklife and Antares35 congrats on the imminent arrival.

All the moaning and feeling uncomfortable will soon be gone.
    And you will both have lovely babies to keep you occupied.

Aw thanks dubstarr. :) I was about to post a TA but now I don't feel TAd by it anymore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

I work in payroll. Occasionally staff will ring for the employer's registered number.

The amount of times I reel it off for them to say... hang on till I get a pen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Car insurance renewal quote is exactly the same as last year. Not even 1 cent difference

Did any human look at my file at all ? :confused:

Seems to me they let the computer generate these letters and just expect people to not question and just pay

Am new to motoring and have my first year no claims built up. Was expecting a little something to reduce. :(

They can give a better offer than this I’m sure

They do this 'cos they know a large proportion of customers wouldn't even think of questionning it or look around. Particularly seems to be a case of "ah shur we've been with them for years".

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Living with someone who won't even so much as entertain the idea of eating non premium-branded food. Had to throw out a bunch of stuff :mad:

I've found the big brands have continued to reduce product sizes and gotten more and more bland over the years.

Just one extreme example - Tesco Chocolate Digestives, 50c. The branded pack - €2.50 for 3/4 the size pack ffs :eek:

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

oneweb wrote: »
    Living with someone who won't even so much as entertain the idea of eating non premium-branded food. Had to throw out a bunch of stuff :mad:

I've found the big brands have continued to reduce product sizes and gotten more and more bland over the years.

Just one extreme example - Tesco Chocolate Digestives, 50c. The branded pack - €2.50 for 3/4 the size pack ffs :eek:

1. Notions.
    2. Why throw them out? Couldn't you eat them yourself?

• Advertisement

oneweb wrote: »

Lidl chocolate digestives 39c and they're lovely, especially the dark ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,358 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Not having a great day... started off by breaking a huge model sailing ship that I bought my parents for Christmas many moons ago and followed it up by breaking the glass I normally use at dinner :rolleyes:

Be very aware that crossing my path today may result in me accidentally breaking you in two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

People who answer everything you say to them with “what?”

Was talking trying to talk to my next door neighbour out the front earlier. He’s in his early 40s and isn’t hard of hearing, and I speak perfectly clearly, so he has no excuse. I’ll also point out that he’s the one who called me over to talk in the first place.

“How’s it going? It’s a grand day”
    “What?”
    “It’s a grand day”
    “Oh it is, lovely.”
    “How are you doing?”
    “What?”
    “How are things going for you?”
    “Oh grand, not a bother”
    “Good stuff”
    “What?”
    “Alright, see ya” (I walk off).

I just had to give up because I’m not having the same conversation twice with this idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

Antares35 wrote: »
    Lidl chocolate digestives 39c and they're lovely, especially the dark ones :)

I put them in the freezer, even nicer then with a hot cup of tea !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

People who answer everything you say to them with “what?”

Was talking trying to talk to my next door neighbour out the front earlier. He’s in his early 40s and isn’t hard of hearing, and I speak perfectly clearly, so he has no excuse. I’ll also point out that he’s the one who called me over to talk in the first place.

“How’s it going? It’s a grand day”
    “What?”
    “It’s a grand day”
    “Oh it is, lovely.”
    “How are you doing?”
    “What?”
    “How are things going for you?”
    “Oh grand, not a bother”
    “Good stuff”
    “What?”
    “Alright, see ya” (I walk off).

I just had to give up because I’m not having the same conversation twice with this idiot.

What?????

TA tomorrow is Monday again, why does time speed up at the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

moths, bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

jaysus.. i thought that incorrect signposts in Ireland wer really just a touristy myth but it appears not.. was looking for an off the beaten path beach today and was sent the wrong way by such a signpost.. grr.. thankfully google maps put me right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

sporina wrote: »
    jaysus.. i thought that incorrect signposts in Ireland wer really just a touristy myth but it appears not.. was looking for an off the beaten path beach today and was sent the wrong way by such a signpost.. grr.. thankfully google maps put me right

As youths we couldn't pass a roadsign without turning it the opposite way

PsychoPete wrote: »
    As youths we couldn't pass a roadsign without turning it the opposite way

lol i never did such but had I thought of it as a teen I prob would have lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Went out to get water. Some fcking pair of assholes were pushed into me causing trouble. One was drunk and causing hassle the other guy pushed in when I was getting stuff and was right up next to me.
    I felt so intimidated. Can't even go to a shop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I do gardening work, mainly weeding. Trying to weed when the soil is like cold porridge is pointless. I really want to work but it's a mess. Hurry up summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,316 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I seem to remember buying ginger biscuits a good few weeks ago. Checked the presses four times. Not in the usual 'biscuit spots'. I mean I have chocolate I could eat. Nope, it is the ginger biscuits my heart is set on.

I started to wonder did I buy them at all? Could I have but them back on the shop shelf?

I can visualise the spot in shelf in the shopping centre where they are. Is it worth driving to the shops especially to get them biscuits ? - already did a shop a few days ago.

But then I started to think, what if I find the biscuits and I drove to shop especially to get them. Then drove back. I'd be more annoyed. I just have to sit and 'suffer' instead.

Writing about the ginger biscuits is definitely not helping me.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could they be in the car? They may have rolled out of the bag. Also, you can't have "too many biscuits", there's no such thing.

New Home wrote: »
    Could they be in the car? They may have rolled out of the bag. Also, you can't have "too many biscuits", there's no such thing.

Nope not in car. Thankfully my mint humbugs are now filling the 'void' instead.

People being interviewed on RTE who have been affected by the ransomware attack. I think we all know it's awful that appointments etc have had to be cancelled but seriously what is to be gained by big news articles interviewing people who say they are frustrated and angry. There isn't anything that can be done about it at the moment. And I think frustration and anger are fairly obvious reactions.

• Advertisement

People being interviewed on RTE who have been affected by the ransomware attack. I think we all know it's awful that appointments etc have had to be cancelled but seriously what is to be gained by big news articles interviewing people who say they are frustrated and angry. There isn't anything that can be done about it at the moment. And I think frustration and anger are fairly obvious reactions.

Not much else going on I suppose, the ransomware attack is 'new' news with a covid twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Not much else going on I suppose, the ransomware attack is 'new' news with a covid twist.

Some years ago RTE stated that they would be doing Agenda Setting rather than News Reporting.

More than just a TA with me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

God I hate people.

My sister broke our clothesline - twice - the same way (hanging her kingsize mattress protector on it), I'm pretty sure I ranted about it here at the time.

She has since moved home and I've been living at home since Christmas because of lockdown. The fact that the clothesline STILL hasn't been rehung came up over dinner tonight and she went fcuking mental when I mentioned it was her who broke the clothesline and it was the second time she'd done it in the exact same way. I was accused numerous times of gaslighting her. I've been up in my bedroom for the past hour and am still like "Wtf???"

Why on earth would I a) make something like that up in the first place and b) go to the trouble of gaslighting her over it?

They could have reported on Penney's :D oh wait...

Dial Hard wrote: »
    God I hate people.

My sister broke our clothesline - twice - the same way (hanging her kingsize mattress protector on it), I'm pretty sure I ranted about it here at the time.

She has since moved home and I've been living at home since Christmas because of lockdown. The fact that the clothesline STILL hasn't been rehung came up over dinner tonight and she went fcuking mental when I mentioned it was her who broke the clothesline and it was the second time she'd done it in the exact same way. I was accused numerous times of gaslighting her. I've been up in my bedroom for the past hour and am still like "Wtf???"

Why on earth would I a) make something like that up in the first place and b) go to the trouble of gaslighting her over it?

The lockdown is really affecting people. We've all started turning on each other. I just took the head off my (vaccinated) Dad for going to Dealz today and he fought back with, "well I saw you sneaking back from Lidl at the weekend" :D Apparently the only reason he knew it was Lidl is because of the addition of deluxe yoghurts and sauteed potatoes that "you can't get anywhere else". He must have been snooping in the fridge like...

The lockdown is really affecting people. We've all started turning on each other. I just took the head off my (vaccinated) Dad for going to Dealz today and he fought back with, "well I saw you sneaking back from Lidl at the weekend" :D Apparently the only reason he knew it was Lidl is because of the addition of deluxe yoghurts and sauteed potatoes that "you can't get anywhere else". He must have been snooping in the fridge like...

This is brilliant, auld fellas miss nothing - when it comes to food in the fridge anyway. We all now know you have 'fancy' yoghurt tastes.

To be honest my trivial annoyance would be if Lidl did not have those Creamy Cooltree yoghurts (don't think it is a real creamery but that is another story)

I am not sure I would go at all if they did not have them. Because i can't stick those watery yogurts. Reminds me of getting a watery pint, nothing to it.

Or the makey uppey little pots of yogurt that pretend out they they are sort of scientific. Probiotic this or that. When really it is just a marketing trick to justify or distract from the little pot of yogurt that people are tricked into buying which is overpriced. I wouldn't fall for it! That is another trivial annoyance I suppose yogurt marketing codology!

This is brilliant, auld fellas miss nothing - when it comes to food in the fridge anyway. We all now know you have 'fancy' yoghurt tastes.

To be honest my trivial annoyance would be if Lidl did not have those Creamy Cooltree yoghurts (don't think it is a real creamery but that is another story)

I am not sure I would go at all if they did not have them. Because i can't stick those watery yogurts. Reminds me of getting a watery pint, nothing to it.

Or the makey uppey little pots of yogurt that pretend out they they are sort of scientific. Probiotic this or that. When really it is just a marketing trick to justify or distract from the little pot of yogurt that people are tricked into buying which is overpriced. I wouldn't fall for it! That is another trivial annoyance I suppose yogurt marketing codology!

The "deluxe" ones I get are the Irish ones (from Cork I think). They're a whole 29c a pot :D Hands down the best yoghurts I've ever had. Super thick and creamy. It's a toss up between Madagascan vanilla, Sicilian lemon and champagne rhubarb. My TA is when they've only blueberry left!

i don't get it - are ye not suppose to go shopping? what am I missing?

sporina wrote: »
    i don't get it - are ye not suppose to go shopping? what am I missing?

We've been doing mostly online up to now, because both my parents are elderly and at risk, my OH is at risk and I'm 30 weeks pregnant and increasingly worried about placentitis related stillbirths. He's just lost the run of himself since he got the Vax. Anyway my post wasn't a comment on the merits of home versus online shopping, it was more to illustrate that we've all gone mad in lockdown :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The "deluxe" ones I get are the Irish ones (from Cork I think). They're a whole 29c a pot :D Hands down the best yoghurts I've ever had. Super thick and creamy. It's a toss up between Madagascan vanilla, Sicilian lemon and champagne rhubarb. My TA is when they've only blueberry left!

Omg I love the rhubarb ones.

Ta waiting for dinner to cook. Tummy asking for foodsies

Advertisement