Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Supervalu's slogan - real food, real people.
    So the people working in Dunnes and Aldi are androids are they? Holograms or ghosts maybe. :rolleyes:
    TA that they've been using it for years and haven't thought of anything better yet.

God that's annoying. It doesn't even make sense.
    Reminds me of another one i can't stand;
    Eir - Let's make possible 🙄
    Huh? Make what possible? It? But what is it? Is it Eir? How do I make it possible? Hello? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Porklife wrote: »
    Eir - Let's make possible ��
    Huh? Make what possible? It? But what is it? Is it Eir? How do I make it possible? Hello? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    Ah stop! We Back Brave is another bit of nonsense I can't stand.
    It would make you sick thinking about how much money advertising firms get paid to come up with this rubbish, and if the ones that get chosen by the companies are really the best options then what sort of other crap are the firms putting forward as well :eek:.

Ah stop! We Back Brave is another bit of nonsense I can't stand.
    It would make you sick thinking about how much money advertising firms get paid to come up with this rubbish, and if the ones that get chosen by the companies are really the best options then what sort of other crap are the firms putting forward as well :eek:.

Haha i hadn't thought of it that way before! Who signs off on this ****?!
    Sitting around the boardroom table with everyone scratching their heads and one clown goes...that's it.. I've got it! We Front Brave..no wait..hang on..We Back Brave! Que round of applause and a promotion 🙄
    We Save Brave or Save for Brave given that they're a bank would actually be better.
    Why is nobody paying me for this ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Eir - Let's make possible 🙄

It's up there with "we're backing brave" - it makes no sense! You're baking brave what?

Edit, Purple Tin in before me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Waiting for a delivery from UPS.

Excited to see the tracking showing as “out for delivery”.

TAd to see the UPS van enter and exit my estate without calling at my house.

• Advertisement

Sitting around the boardroom table with everyone scratching their heads and one clown goes...that's it.. I've got it! We Front Brave..no wait..hang on..We Back Brave! Que round of applause and a promotion ��
    We Save Brave or Save for Brave given that they're a bank would actually be better.

Lol. When i see bad written slogans on vans and that, I can usually think of a better one in a couple of minutes. Maybe I should go into advertising too :D

There's a very funny book about an advertising firm called 'Then We came to The End'. Most of the characters in it hadn't a clue what they were doing so I would fit right in. :P

Shebean wrote: »
    You hold the door open and the person doesn't put an arm to it as they pass through. You are left feeling like a Butler.

I nearly killed someone before because of this, and I don't mean I was sitting there thinking about battering them.......I mean literally almost killed them. I walked into the ILAC centre from the Parnell St side, and they have those huge glass doors with the metal handles that weigh a tonne.

As i walked through there were a stream of people behind me, so I stopped and held the door for them. First person blanked me and kept on walking. 2nd bloke saw the first guy, made eye contact with me as if to say "some people, eh?"....then ghosted past without saying a word or offering to take the door off me. "Guess I'm now a doorman and work here, then" I said, as the third bloke approached.

He laughed, and was definitely looking straight at me when I let the door go and turned to walk away. I couldn't help but shake my head as i heard it bouncing off his elbows when he threw his hands up to protect his face. If it hit him in the head he was definitely getting a concussion at a minimum.

People are weird. There was a woman in my old job who'd do the same walking through the office. Not even acknowledging you as they slip past, I'd lie awake at night worrying about what people thought of me if I did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I've won the stupid email contest today anyway.
    Email from customer: I want to run this event in London but I don't have any contacts there. Can you tell me what to do?

I'm in Belfast. WTF does this moron think I can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Marks and Spencer out of the blue closed off the whole clothes section . After being open all through lockdown for essential clothes , Pjs , baby clothes , underwear , socks , sport wear etc . All of a sudden the shut it all and No you cant even buy a pair of knickers until Monday
    Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Marks and Spencer out of the blue closed off the whole clothes section . After being open all through lockdown for essential clothes , Pjs , baby clothes , underwear , socks , sport wear etc . All of a sudden the shut it all and No you cant even buy a pair of knickers until Monday
    Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

This nearly had me in tears the other day. It was lashing rain but I really need a few maternity bits so walked all the way there. I had my eye on a few bits. Get there and it's randomly closed off.
    I then waddled up to Dunnes and it was the same thing! The maternity and pjama section has been open the entire time. Makes no sense.
    This is one of the reasons people are getting so frustrated by lockdown rules.
    I could buy a sports bra for those oh so important lunges but i can't buy a maternity bra to nurse my baby?🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Got a take away roll from a deli for lunch and decided to have it in the car.
    Parked up in a section of carpark that is only ever used as an over flow around Christmas.
    Whole place empty and this complete twat parked so close to me that I wouldn’t even be able to open my door if I wanted to get out.
    What the actual fcuk is wrong with some people?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭sporina

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but anyway... was out for a wee stroll at lunch time and walked on dog poo.. ffs people.... pick up your dogs crap!!! :mad:

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Whole place empty and this complete twat parked so close to me that I wouldn’t even be able to open my door if I wanted to get out.

They can't drive, is the simple reason. I've been passenger in the car while the (usually female) driver cannot reverse into a space unless there's a parked car on at least one side. Like they can't see the lines on the tarmac or something, they need some sort of reference point to help them in. Zero spatial awareness, which should be a huge part of the test instead of some of the other rubbish they have.
    This nearly had me in tears the other day. It was lashing rain but I really need a few maternity bits so walked all the way there. I had my eye on a few bits. Get there and it's randomly closed off.

Congrats on the recent/impending arrival!
    I nearly killed someone before because of this.....

I came into this thread earlier to post something and got distracted by the above. I'm only remembering now what I wanted to say.......

TA at being given crappy service because I look like a soft touch.

I used to think it was because I was young. Shopkeepers would serve the auldones ahead of me, I'd be skipped when queuing at the bar, in the butchers I'd be given the steaks that don't look great etc. Then when I grew older and wiser, I copped that it was still happening.

We checked into Wineport lodge after spending a good amount of money on a birthday treat. The deal we got was for a lakeside view room with a balcony....only a groupon deal but that's what we paid for. Still wasn't cheap, but anyway.....

We walked into reception and were greeted by the concierge. As the lady at reception was checking us in, he (the concierge) came over, turned his back to us, leaned in and started whispering something to her. She stopped what she was doing and stared at him for 5 seconds, then finished checking us in.

She removed the little paper wallet with the keycards in it and produced a new one, with two blanks and programmed the room numbers on those as we waited. "You're in room named 'Sunrise' which is third on the right, enjoy your stay....."

We both remarked that it looked like he was chastising her in front of guests, which reflected poorly on him. When we got to the room, I noticed there was no balcony, just a window. Then it dawned on me that he'd told her to stick us in this room without the balcony after he judged us as the 'put up with it' type. Straight back down to reception.

- Hi, we don't seem to have a balcony, despite the fact that the reservation clearly states blah blah blah"
    - Oh, ehh, I'm sorry about that....hang on and I'll check if we, ehh....
    ***Concierge disappears into the bar***
    - Sorry, you don't mind if I ask you a question........Did he tell you to put us into that room specifically?
    The receptionist went bright red and started to stammer
    - No need to answer that, I don't want to put you in an awkward position...I figured it was his doing. I can see there's a queue of people waiting to check in behind us, so if you can give him a call and tell him that we'd like to speak to him, I'll wait over here.

Ended up lifting him out of it, and he still tried to insist there were no other rooms available. I told him we were leaving then, and would be reporting the hotel to groupon, demanding a refund and that we'd be reporting the entire hotel to the advertising standards authority for misleading their customers. I also told him I would explain, loudly, to the guests waiting to check in that there were no rooms with balconies left and I hoped they'd be comfortable being stuck in their rooms all weekend.

He went white as a sheet and said the girls would look after me. I said "no, I'm dealing with you now, because you told that nice lady to put us in that room in the first instance........I'd like you to go over now and sort it out for us, please". We were in a new suite (not room) within 10 minutes.

That's an extreme example, but indicative of the crap that gets dumped in my lap. The squeaky wheel gets the grease but the passive wheel ends up carrying the load.

TL;DR - TA'd at being seen as an easy target for bad service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A woman on the Joe Duffy show today used the words “fanny” and “clitoris”.

Tune in tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Tune in tomorrow....

*drops monocle*

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Tune in tomorrow....

"I knew a father Clint Power........maybe she's having a go at him?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"I knew a father Clint Power........maybe she's having a go at him?"

Among other things, she was talking about having a go at herself.
    This where you your license fee is going 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Bredabe

They can't drive, is the simple reason. I've been passenger in the car while the (usually female) driver cannot reverse into a space unless there's a parked car on at least one side. Like they can't see the lines on the tarmac or something, they need some sort of reference point to help them in. Zero spatial awareness, which should be a huge part of the test instead of some of the other rubbish they have.

Congrats on the recent/impending arrival!

I came into this thread earlier to post something and got distracted by the above. I'm only remembering now what I wanted to say.......

TA at being given crappy service because I look like a soft touch.

I used to think it was because I was young. Shopkeepers would serve the auldones ahead of me, I'd be skipped when queuing at the bar, in the butchers I'd be given the steaks that don't look great etc. Then when I grew older and wiser, I copped that it was still happening.

We checked into Wineport lodge after spending a good amount of money on a birthday treat. The deal we got was for a lakeside view room with a balcony....only a groupon deal but that's what we paid for. Still wasn't cheap, but anyway.....

We walked into reception and were greeted by the concierge. As the lady at reception was checking us in, he (the concierge) came over, turned his back to us, leaned in and started whispering something to her. She stopped what she was doing and stared at him for 5 seconds, then finished checking us in.

She removed the little paper wallet with the keycards in it and produced a new one, with two blanks and programmed the room numbers on those as we waited. "You're in room named 'Sunrise' which is third on the right, enjoy your stay....."

We both remarked that it looked like he was chastising her in front of guests, which reflected poorly on him. When we got to the room, I noticed there was no balcony, just a window. Then it dawned on me that he'd told her to stick us in this room without the balcony after he judged us as the 'put up with it' type. Straight back down to reception.

- Hi, we don't seem to have a balcony, despite the fact that the reservation clearly states blah blah blah"
    - Oh, ehh, I'm sorry about that....hang on and I'll check if we, ehh....
    ***Concierge disappears into the bar***
    - Sorry, you don't mind if I ask you a question........Did he tell you to put us into that room specifically?
    The receptionist went bright red and started to stammer
    - No need to answer that, I don't want to put you in an awkward position...I figured it was his doing. I can see there's a queue of people waiting to check in behind us, so if you can give him a call and tell him that we'd like to speak to him, I'll wait over here.

Ended up lifting him out of it, and he still tried to insist there were no other rooms available. I told him we were leaving then, and would be reporting the hotel to groupon, demanding a refund and that we'd be reporting the entire hotel to the advertising standards authority for misleading their customers. I also told him I would explain, loudly, to the guests waiting to check in that there were no rooms with balconies left and I hoped they'd be comfortable being stuck in their rooms all weekend.

He went white as a sheet and said the girls would look after me. I said "no, I'm dealing with you now, because you told that nice lady to put us in that room in the first instance........I'd like you to go over now and sort it out for us, please". We were in a new suite (not room) within 10 minutes.

That's an extreme example, but indicative of the crap that gets dumped in my lap. The squeaky wheel gets the grease but the passive wheel ends up carrying the load.

TL;DR - TA'd at being seen as an easy target for bad service
    Well done you!! You should be so happy with yourself.

Used to happen a lot to me but since I moved and now have what is categorised as a Dublin 7 accent and favour jog pants and runners, happens much less.
    TA The hassel caused my other ppls personal assessments of others.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Fair play Shifty, very well handled! That concierge sounds like an asshole and i hope he learned a lesson that day.

Thank you for the congrats too. It's impending very soon i hope!
    TA my sister won't let me send her food pictures anymore. I'm bored at home so often send her pictures of dinners but today she said stop sending me pictures of chicken!!! Every time i get a picture from you i expect it to be a baby and instead its bloody garlic bread! :p
    I shall continue to send them regardless:)
    I am easily amused.

Fair play Shifty, very well handled! That concierge sounds like an asshole and i hope he learned a lesson that day.

TA my sister won't let me send her food pictures anymore. I'm bored at home so often send her pictures of dinners but today she said stop sending me pictures of chicken!!! Every time i get a picture from you i expect it to be a baby and instead its bloody garlic bread! :p
    I am easily amused.

Delighted for you, fingers crossed all goes well for you.

That anecdote about your sister is just screaming out for a bit of a joke when you do have the little one. Send a text with "here's one I prepared earlier" or "you'll never guess what I made today!". There's loads of food related puns you could use!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

I am easily amused.

You need to send her pictures of a chicken in a romper suit :D

That's bloody brilliant Shifty!! She's so nervous that she asked i dont tell her when i go into labour cos she'll freak out. All she wants is a picture when he arrives. Well she'll get more than a picture now..mwha haha :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Got a take away roll from a deli for lunch and decided to have it in the car.
    Parked up in a section of carpark that is only ever used as an over flow around Christmas.

At least it was a car park and not a urinal....

Hotel
    $hifty, you're my hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

There was a woman in my old job who'd do the same walking through the office. Not even acknowledging you as they slip past, I'd lie awake at night worrying about what people thought of me if I did that.
    Worked with one of those too. Not even so much as a glance as she swanned through, no matter who held it for her. She had horses.

It is what it's.

A huge amount of drivers seem to have forgotten what speed limits are and some basic rules of the road since they've gone back to driving. On Tuesday I watched two vans and a truck reverse off various main roads - ALL THREE mounted the kerb as they did :facepalm:

It is what it's.

Sitting around the boardroom table with everyone scratching their heads and one clown goes...that's it.. I've got it! We Front Brave..no wait..hang on..We Back Brave! Que round of applause and a promotion ��

Aren't they all just slogans that were sent into those competitions back in the 90s where entrants had to answer "in two words or less"?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

That's bloody brilliant Shifty!! She's so nervous that she asked i dont tell her when i go into labour cos she'll freak out. All she wants is a picture when he arrives. Well she'll get more than a picture now..mwha haha :p

Or when the baby arrives, send a picture of the baby beside a chicken, but with the chicken in focus and the baby out of focus and say here's the one you were waiting for! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Being forced out of the hot tub cause I need the bathroom. Could happily have stayed in for hours longer.

That text that comes on the bottom of the screen near the end of a show to tell you what is on next on some TV channels. There was a subtitled show on earlier and their stupid text appeared and covered them up so you couldn't read them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,894 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Media humanising of scumbags eg "father of two". No matter about who he stabbed or pucked the head off of.
    Latest one I caught on radio, teen scumbag was "a promising footballer".

Also "alleged attack", yeah like the guy quite possibly beat himself up.

Advertisement