Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Four - Family

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander looks at Michalis.

'Then we will have to. I don't think God will intervene here... free will and that sort of malarkey.

Though I must try.'

Lysander internally speaks to... God.

Okay big guy - I tried to do as you ask, any chance of some help here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

God appears next to Michalis.

"Yes Lysander?" he says.

Michalis spins around shocked.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander stands there frozen.

'I... uh.... um... seem to have caused a mini apocalypse.'

Lysander looks at... God... sheepishly. (well as sheepishly as a vampire can look)

"Yes I noticed. It delays many of my projects significantly"

He eyes the horizon.

"What do you suggest we do?"

Lysander stares out at the horizon himself.

'The beast needs to be stopped. However...'

He looks at God directly.

'I may not be strong enough to survive a direct assault. It very near gave me the final death when I released it.'

• Advertisement

"Well the difficulty is both you and this beast are outside my jurisdiction...well you're completely outside it. The creature there has some...relation to me let's say. Though a distant one.

There are many things I could do to help. My most useful abilities here will be related to time and matter"

Fourier wrote: »
    "Well the difficulty is both you and this beast are outside my jurisdiction...well you're completely outside it. The creature there has some...relation to me let's say. Though a distant one.

There are many things I could do to help. My most useful abilities here will be related to time and matter"

'What would you suggest?'

Lysander looks around to see Michalis's reactions.

Michalis looks stunned. Though Lysander has some sense of his mind, he feels he is more curious as to what God really is.

"I give you the ability to rewind time by a minute. Six uses. It will even work if you are dead.

This is a very expensive ability. Using comes at great cost to reality. There's a reason I wouldn't just snap this thing away, even if it was something I had power over"

Lysander nods.

'I understand. I will use it wisely. Presumably for this battle only?'

Lysander looks at God hopefully.

"No, I cannot reclaim it. Six uses. If you keep any they will be yours after all of this is over"

• Advertisement

'Very well - this will be of great assistance. Thank you. I don't suppose you want to join the battle as well, no?'

Lysander smirks wryly.

"I would if I could, but I'm actually not able to" he says looking sadly out at the city.

'I figured as much. Any words of inspiration, wisdom... or even some sort of mythical beast killing weapon to give me before we part ways again?

I suspect this may be the last time - but you're probably aware things are in hand for your... project.'

"Figure out who you are"

He vanishes.

Lysander looks to Michalis.

'So... that was God. He's... interesting, right?'

"Ehm yes...I wasn't aware you were on speaking terms.

How could he not have power over that creature or...you?"

'Oh that - he's the mortal God. Given we are no longer mere mortals - it's out of his... ummm...

Jurisdiction? I suppose that's the right terminology.

Right - now let us try to locate Clarissa. I will see if I can sense her.'

Lysander's mind wanders over the city...

He finds Clarissa after a few minutes. Deep underground in the old Financial district.

Lysander snaps back and looks at Michalis.

'Can you get us to the old Financial District?'

"I can brother"

He gathers the shadow about him into a thin disk.

"This will take us there. Once we arrive on the other side the beast will know we are present if it cares to look"

• Advertisement

'Then let us go. Should we bring the other kindred to assist us?'

"We can. In power they offer little, but they might serve as distractions. If we infuse them with our Vitae, even a bit, the beast might see them as us"

'Then let us do that. Summon them and we shall infuse them before we leave.'

Michalis gathers the young ones. Lysander recognises a few. Some Ventrue, some Toreador, two Gangrel and a single Nosferatu. All fairly weak.

Giving them a taste of Michalis and Lysander's Vitae drives them into high. Lysander can feel the euphoria and intoxication with power they're experiencing.

"Probably enough to cause them to become Vitae addicts..." Michalis says into Lysander's mind "...thankfully they'll probably be annihilated in what is to come"

Lysander and Michalis and the young vampires emerge from Michalis's shadow portal in the middle of LA's financial district. The buildings about them are destroyed. Mortals drained to husks.

h266mY.jpg

Clarissa lies beneath the tower up ahead.

Advertisement