Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
24-11-2020, 09:55   #5836
Dingaan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 87
Sky called me yesterday after I completed the form mentioned earlier in this thread.
I got 35% off TV & Internet for the next 12 months. There is probably a better deal available if you push through with cancellation.
Dingaan is online now  
Advertisement
24-11-2020, 11:41   #5837
DermoMIO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 407
Cancelled TV a few weeks back on the old variety package, got offered the new equivalent for €56 but wanted closer to new customer offer of tv & broadband for €55. Broadband is out of contract in a few weeks so will be on again for the same conversations.

Got offered the same as last year in “my sky” yesterday of 35% off tv which I will take & look to get broadband off them for around €30 which is what your man let slip is what they match from competitors.
DermoMIO is offline  
24-11-2020, 14:11   #5838
rushfan
Registered User
 
rushfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qprmeath View Post
https://www.sky.com/help/canceltvroi
Fill this in they will ring you
I've just submitted that form, let's see what happens
rushfan is offline  
24-11-2020, 15:33   #5839
peterobrien100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qprmeath View Post
https://www.sky.com/help/canceltvroi
Fill this in they will ring you
I have sent this off as well so will give an update when I hear from them
peterobrien100 is online now  
25-11-2020, 21:02   #5840
danois
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,355
Cancelled with sky and signed up for Eir. Worst service ever now that I act would be half of an offer I’ve had no call from sky. Service turned off today and they have sent us the returns parcel. Has anyone revived a call with an offer at this stage? I tried to sign up for new offer online with my sons details. Different surname from me and it wouldn’t let me. A warning came up saying looks like you might be a customer who has left within the last few weeks. This order can’t be completed!!! Raging.
danois is online now  
Advertisement
25-11-2020, 21:09   #5841
kayjay123
Registered User
 
kayjay123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 15
Anyone on here got sky multiroom? I rang up sky the other day and was told it would cost me €110 for install and skyq box and then €23 p/m. Thought it was a tad dear!
kayjay123 is online now  
25-11-2020, 22:12   #5842
muffler
Moderator
 
muffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 37,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by danois View Post
Cancelled with sky and signed up for Eir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danois View Post
tried to sign up for new offer online with my sons details.
Bit of a contradiction there no?
muffler is offline  
25-11-2020, 22:15   #5843
Masala
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjay123 View Post
Anyone on here got sky multiroom? I rang up sky the other day and was told it would cost me €110 for install and skyq box and then €23 p/m. Thought it was a tad dear!
NAW.... I got installation for €25. No one pays €110++

The €23 is about right BUT make sure they give you a 2TB box (can easily slip you a smaller 1TB if you not looking!)

Also... got them to split teh LNB into 2+2 (2 for Q and 2 for the Freeview using the old Sky+ box in bedroom!)
Masala is offline  
Thanks from:
26-11-2020, 09:10   #5844
ahbell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjay123 View Post
Anyone on here got sky multiroom? I rang up sky the other day and was told it would cost me €110 for install and skyq box and then €23 p/m. Thought it was a tad dear!
There's an offer in Sky VIP app at the moment for free q box and mulitiscreen for €19 or €35+€19 pm for the 2TB box. Platinum customer
ahbell is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-11-2020, 10:39   #5845
danois
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffler View Post
Bit of a contradiction there no?
Not a contradiction mind you I wrote it as if I were drunk lol. What I meant to say was I left Sky and didn't get any offers to stay so I signed up with Eir. Eir are awful I cancelled within 3 days and was glad I still had a few weeks left on my Sky before it was completely gone.

Sky has now finished the cancellation and now that I would be only too happy to bite their hand off for an offer I am getting nothing. I even tried signing up as a new customer under my sons details, so new name , new bank details and new email. It wouldn't let me set up as a new customer. Came up with an error saying this address was previously registered and can't be used to set up a new account.

I was wondering if anyone has had a call with an offer after Sky have gone to the trouble of sending out the returns packaging.

On a side note avoid Eir at all costs.
danois is online now  
Thanks from:
26-11-2020, 11:01   #5846
celt262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by danois View Post
Not a contradiction mind you I wrote it as if I were drunk lol. What I meant to say was I left Sky and didn't get any offers to stay so I signed up with Eir. Eir are awful I cancelled within 3 days and was glad I still had a few weeks left on my Sky before it was completely gone.

Sky has now finished the cancellation and now that I would be only too happy to bite their hand off for an offer I am getting nothing. I even tried signing up as a new customer under my sons details, so new name , new bank details and new email. It wouldn't let me set up as a new customer. Came up with an error saying this address was previously registered and can't be used to set up a new account.

I was wondering if anyone has had a call with an offer after Sky have gone to the trouble of sending out the returns packaging.

On a side note avoid Eir at all costs.
Would it be possible to miss spell part of your address so there system would not pick up on it? Carrick - Carrcik
celt262 is offline  
26-11-2020, 13:03   #5847
Seve OB
Registered User
 
Seve OB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 12,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by danois View Post
Not a contradiction mind you I wrote it as if I were drunk lol. What I meant to say was I left Sky and didn't get any offers to stay so I signed up with Eir. Eir are awful I cancelled within 3 days and was glad I still had a few weeks left on my Sky before it was completely gone.

Sky has now finished the cancellation and now that I would be only too happy to bite their hand off for an offer I am getting nothing. I even tried signing up as a new customer under my sons details, so new name , new bank details and new email. It wouldn't let me set up as a new customer. Came up with an error saying this address was previously registered and can't be used to set up a new account.

I was wondering if anyone has had a call with an offer after Sky have gone to the trouble of sending out the returns packaging.

On a side note avoid Eir at all costs.

ring them
tell them you just moved in
Seve OB is offline  
29-11-2020, 18:57   #5848
BlondeBomb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 161
Has anyone ever got the half price for 9 months (TV/Broadband/Phone) and a discount on Sky Sports? The €40 on Sky Sports is a killer.
BlondeBomb is offline  
29-11-2020, 20:17   #5849
okidoki987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,562
I left Sky few months ago and never got any "come back to SKY" offers.

€19 a month for multi room is also dear.
okidoki987 is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet