Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-11-2020, 09:55   #5836
Dingaan

Sky called me yesterday after I completed the form mentioned earlier in this thread.
I got 35% off TV & Internet for the next 12 months. There is probably a better deal available if you push through with cancellation.
Advertisement
24-11-2020, 11:41   #5837
DermoMIO

Cancelled TV a few weeks back on the old variety package, got offered the new equivalent for €56 but wanted closer to new customer offer of tv & broadband for €55. Broadband is out of contract in a few weeks so will be on again for the same conversations.

Got offered the same as last year in “my sky” yesterday of 35% off tv which I will take & look to get broadband off them for around €30 which is what your man let slip is what they match from competitors.
24-11-2020, 14:11   #5838
rushfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qprmeath View Post
https://www.sky.com/help/canceltvroi
Fill this in they will ring you
I've just submitted that form, let's see what happens
24-11-2020, 15:33   #5839
peterobrien100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qprmeath View Post
https://www.sky.com/help/canceltvroi
Fill this in they will ring you
I have sent this off as well so will give an update when I hear from them
25-11-2020, 21:02   #5840
danois

Cancelled with sky and signed up for Eir. Worst service ever now that I act would be half of an offer I’ve had no call from sky. Service turned off today and they have sent us the returns parcel. Has anyone revived a call with an offer at this stage? I tried to sign up for new offer online with my sons details. Different surname from me and it wouldn’t let me. A warning came up saying looks like you might be a customer who has left within the last few weeks. This order can’t be completed!!! Raging.
Advertisement
25-11-2020, 21:09   #5841
kayjay123

Anyone on here got sky multiroom? I rang up sky the other day and was told it would cost me €110 for install and skyq box and then €23 p/m. Thought it was a tad dear!
25-11-2020, 22:12   #5842
muffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by danois View Post
Cancelled with sky and signed up for Eir.
Quote:
tried to sign up for new offer online with my sons details.
Bit of a contradiction there no?
25-11-2020, 22:15   #5843
Masala

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjay123 View Post
Anyone on here got sky multiroom? I rang up sky the other day and was told it would cost me €110 for install and skyq box and then €23 p/m. Thought it was a tad dear!
NAW.... I got installation for €25. No one pays €110++

The €23 is about right BUT make sure they give you a 2TB box (can easily slip you a smaller 1TB if you not looking!)

Also... got them to split teh LNB into 2+2 (2 for Q and 2 for the Freeview using the old Sky+ box in bedroom!)
Thanks from:
26-11-2020, 09:10   #5844
ahbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjay123 View Post
There's an offer in Sky VIP app at the moment for free q box and mulitiscreen for €19 or €35+€19 pm for the 2TB box. Platinum customer
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-11-2020, 10:39   #5845
danois

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffler View Post
Bit of a contradiction there no?
Not a contradiction mind you I wrote it as if I were drunk lol. What I meant to say was I left Sky and didn't get any offers to stay so I signed up with Eir. Eir are awful I cancelled within 3 days and was glad I still had a few weeks left on my Sky before it was completely gone.

Sky has now finished the cancellation and now that I would be only too happy to bite their hand off for an offer I am getting nothing. I even tried signing up as a new customer under my sons details, so new name , new bank details and new email. It wouldn't let me set up as a new customer. Came up with an error saying this address was previously registered and can't be used to set up a new account.

I was wondering if anyone has had a call with an offer after Sky have gone to the trouble of sending out the returns packaging.

On a side note avoid Eir at all costs.
Thanks from:
26-11-2020, 11:01   #5846
celt262

Quote:
Not a contradiction mind you I wrote it as if I were drunk lol. What I meant to say was I left Sky and didn't get any offers to stay so I signed up with Eir. Eir are awful I cancelled within 3 days and was glad I still had a few weeks left on my Sky before it was completely gone.

Sky has now finished the cancellation and now that I would be only too happy to bite their hand off for an offer I am getting nothing. I even tried signing up as a new customer under my sons details, so new name , new bank details and new email. It wouldn't let me set up as a new customer. Came up with an error saying this address was previously registered and can't be used to set up a new account.

I was wondering if anyone has had a call with an offer after Sky have gone to the trouble of sending out the returns packaging.

Would it be possible to miss spell part of your address so there system would not pick up on it? Carrick - Carrcik
26-11-2020, 13:03   #5847
Seve OB

Quote:

ring them
tell them you just moved in
29-11-2020, 18:57   #5848
BlondeBomb

Has anyone ever got the half price for 9 months (TV/Broadband/Phone) and a discount on Sky Sports? The €40 on Sky Sports is a killer.
29-11-2020, 20:17   #5849
okidoki987

I left Sky few months ago and never got any "come back to SKY" offers.

€19 a month for multi room is also dear.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion