Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Unless you watch/have sports, no point in really having Sky as most of the stations are free to watch anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

I fuc***g hate Sky :mad: Hated dealing with them and their childish games & doing anything to stop you cancelling.

Kicked them into touch over 18 months ago. Got a Humax Freesat box and combined with the internet and my Chromecast I've everything covered and haven't looked back. Miss Sky 0%. Pay €0 a month for TV and just €35 a month for my unlimited broadband :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

tm2204 wrote: »
    I fuc***g hate Sky :mad: Hated dealing with them and their childish games & doing anything to stop you cancelling.

Kicked them into touch over 18 months ago. Got a Humax Freesat box and combined with the internet and my Chromecast I've everything covered and haven't looked back. Miss Sky 0%. Pay €0 a month for TV and just €35 a month for my unlimited broadband :D

Who is doing broadband for 35 bucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Seve OB wrote: »

Eir are doing it for €29.99 at the moment I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Pure telecom also doing it for €35 which includes calls from land line.

Im currently on the Vodafone package...€25 for 6 months and then €45 for the other 6 months of a 12 month contract. Works out at 35 a month on average. Calls also included

• Advertisement

Vodafone :D

muffler wrote: »
    Pure telecom also doing it for €35 which includes calls from land line.

Im currently on the Vodafone package...€25 for 6 months and then €45 for the other 6 months of a 12 month contract. Works out at 35 a month on average. Calls also included

I'm on the same Vodafone package :D

Was with Pure for flat €35 a month but once year was up they were not interested in doing any kind of deal so I switched to Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

im stuck with virgin at 60 bucks a month (which was down for more parts of today than not:( )
    looked into it and my eir line in the middle of a dublin suburb still only has a whopping 4mb available

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mick23

tm2204 wrote: »

What do you do for rte .?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

mick23 wrote: »
    What do you do for rte .?

Saorview surely
    Its free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Sky tv package is now cancelled since may 22nd where would the discount offer be showing if there is one .Also wondering could the wife sign up as a new customer to get an advertised deal.

ballybro wrote: »
    Sky tv package is now cancelled since may 22nd where would the discount offer be showing if there is one

Go into your Sky account, should be an offer there.
    Also wondering could the wife sign up as a new customer to get an advertised deal.

Sky say you can't sign up as new customer for a few months but if you use maiden name and change the address slightly, should be fine as a new customer then.
    So "10 the street" changes to "the Street number 10" etc, try and avoid using the Eir code.

Use maiden name, tell them you've just moved in. Should be fine then

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

I ditched sky long ago.. Have a set up.of firestick and full iptv on it has everything even more than sky.. Best thing I ever did

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

steven087 wrote: »
    I ditched sky long ago.. Have a set up.of firestick and full iptv on it has everything even more than sky.. Best thing I ever did

I take it you are talking about a legit service as discussion of illegal activities is not permitted here. The firestick has many legit services including crackle, pluto and tubi tv

Sky TV cancelled since 22nd May no sign of any come back offers in my account .Is there any point ringing them to see if the have any deals .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think others said to check your Sky online account and there might be an offer there. But it probably wont come until closer to the cut off date.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think others said to check your Sky online account and there might be an offer there. But it probably wont come until closer to the cut off date.

It has already been cutoff since 22nd May and final payment taken but no offer in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

oh right when you said cancelled I thought you were in your last month. If its already cut off and no offer came I dont know what to say or if they will give you an offer upon ringing them back up. You might need another person to sign up to get an introductory offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭thebackbar

my folks are sky tv/phone/broadband customers for a few years now, just wondering what type of deal i could expect for them if i was to move to a new package which included fibre broadband ?

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    oh right when you said cancelled I thought you were in your last month. If its already cut off and no offer came I dont know what to say or if they will give you an offer upon ringing them back up. You might need another person to sign up to get an introductory offer.

Or do the name in Irish and a tweak to the address.

thebackbar wrote: »
    my folks are sky tv/phone/broadband customers for a few years now, just wondering what type of deal i could expect for them if i was to move to a new package which included fibre broadband ?

What are they paying now?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭thebackbar

dulpit wrote: »
    What are they paying now?
    97 euros a month for tv/broadband/talk plus a few euros for calls to mobiles

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Or do the name in Irish and a tweak to the address.

are Sky not using Eircodes yet?

loyatemu wrote: »

No idea tbh but I've never given them my Eircode for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

okidoki987 wrote: »
    No idea tbh but I've never given them my Eircode for that reason.

They can use them, old accounts may not have them on their "address panel" set up but generally speaking they set new accounts up with eircode and they use eircode for the provision of BB.

loyatemu wrote: »

New name should be fine though. People move houses, so it's not a surprise that Sky would have 2 users in quick succession in a real scenario (e.g. rental house, renters move out and new people move in).

They can use them, old accounts may not have them on their "address panel" set up but generally speaking they set new accounts up with eircode and they use eircode for the provision of BB.

Grand.
    I don't have Broadband with them so no Eircode might have been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Looking at options to upgrade from old sky+ box to sky q,
    when I go online to look at pricing looks very low. I currently pay €41.70 per month, on Sky Variety + Kids

They have added Signature + Multiroom and now it says my new month total would be €33 ?!? (Says Current Monthly total is €12)

One -off costs for 1 2TB box and 2 minis come to €85.

I called sky and they said that sounded weird and almost said go for it if it says that price! anyone else seen this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Looking at options to upgrade from old sky+ box to sky q,
    when I go online to look at pricing looks very low. I currently pay €41.70 per month, on Sky Variety + Kids

They have added Signature + Multiroom and now it says my new month total would be €33 ?!? (Says Current Monthly total is €12)

One -off costs for 1 2TB box and 2 minis come to €85.

I called sky and they said that sounded weird and almost said go for it if it says that price! anyone else seen this ?

I'd say if thats what it's saying then go for it, a contract works both ways!

Advertisement