Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Received my order from Sports Direct this morning, can't say I'm too happy, two items missing, and the wrong invoice in my package. It's for another lady, detailing all her information, name, address, email, 2 phone numbers, serious breach of data protection from Sports Direct. Now I can only assume someone else has my invoice with all my information on it.

I'll emailed them straight away so I'll report back on what they say regarding both issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

blacklilly wrote: »
    I'm typically a size 5 and that's what I ordered, I've way too much room in them.

I'll try return them to a store but I thought they didn't accept returns that way?
    Same happened to my wife. Usually it's 5 for her. But the one she took of 5 size is bit loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

return them to sports direct stores here, i have often done this in blanch and maynooth

I asked before and they wouldnt take them, said as they were bought online you have to post them back (at your expense too, even when they made the error)

vicwatson wrote: »
    I asked before and they wouldnt take them, said as they were bought online you have to post them back (at your expense too, even when they made the error)

Parcel Connect do a return to Sports Direct UK for €6.95. I know it's at customers own expense, but depending on what you are returning, it will work out cheaper than An Post.

Sizes are different depending on brand

Take a size 6, this is Euro 39.5 in Nike, but it's only a 39 in Adidas.

• Advertisement

shocksy wrote: »
    Parcel Connect do a return to Sports Direct UK for €6.95. I know it's at customers own expense, but depending on what you are returning, it will work out cheaper than An Post.

Good to know as I think it cost about €8.50.

shocksy wrote: »
    Received my order from Sports Direct this morning, can't say I'm too happy, two items missing, and the wrong invoice in my package. It's for another lady, detailing all her information, name, address, email, 2 phone numbers, serious breach of data protection from Sports Direct. Now I can only assume someone else has my invoice with all my information on it.

I'll emailed them straight away so I'll report back on what they say regarding both issues.

You'll be waiting for a reply, if you ever get one, they are shockingly bad at customer service

vicwatson wrote: »
    You'll be waiting for a reply, if you ever get one, they are shockingly bad at customer service

I'll contact my bank so, not even sure if they'll do anything, but having bad customer service isn't an excuse for letting them get away with not sending me two items worth €32.

I should have stayed well clear, it's my own fault. I had issues with them in the past, first time buying something off them in over 3 years and this happens. I'll know the next time, even if they have a 50% off discount code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Always use PayPal when you're paying for delivered shoes or clothes. And ensure you're signed up to Paypal's 'return shipping costs refunded' scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Put in an order last night and it’s pending twice in my online banking, just wondering is this normal or have I actually ordered twice?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yes Adidas are so inconsistent with sizes
    I need to go up a size in shoes but down at least 1 or possibly even 2 sizes in tops

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I just go into sports direct in heatons, try out what I like and then buy it online for much cheaper. Never an issue returning stuff I dont like then,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Be aware,using SD for years, ordered boots for kid, wrong item arrived,sent it back via courier fastway, but courier forgot to scan item,hence SD didn't receive it,opened dispute with pay Pal but because SD didn't physically receive it in out of pocket,just be aware (6 weeks later still not reimbursed, fastway promised they'll sort it,,,,Google SD customer care to see similar complaints,learned my lesson no more sports direct for me

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Be aware,using SD for years, ordered boots for kid, wrong item arrived,sent it back via courier fastway, but courier forgot to scan item,hence SD didn't receive it,opened dispute with pay Pal but because SD didn't physically receive it in out of pocket,just be aware (6 weeks later still not reimbursed, fastway promised they'll sort it,,,,Google SD customer care to see similar complaints,learned my lesson no more sports direct for me

Get an insurance claim form from your local Fastway depot, it is up to them to reimburse you. It will take awhile but you should eventually get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭bren2001

Not really SD's fault at all. I'd be shocked if any company refunded you, they never received the item back. I'll certainly be wary of using Fastway in future tho.

Get an insurance claim form from your local Fastway depot, it is up to them to reimburse you. It will take awhile but you should eventually get your money back.
    Thanks, luckily ,pure coincidence,guy I spoke to in fastway knew me from years ago, promised the other day he'd sort it

bren2001 wrote: »

Not really SD's fault at all. I'd be shocked if any company refunded you, they never received the item back. I'll certainly be wary of using Fastway in future tho.
    Ref fastway no choice when ordering from SD,,,, ordered boots for the kid a few days ago from lifestyle online,e90,to e45,to e36,big lifestyle sale now on ,15 plus another 15 per cent off,nighline delivered within 4 days of ordering,with tracking, great service

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

That’s not sports directs fault at all

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »

That’s not sports directs fault at all
    Emailed them ref their couriers mismanagement etc,at least a dozen times,plus fastway emailed them ref refunding me from he couriers side no joy,,,,,do yourself a favour and Google SD customer complaints

Emailed them ref their couriers mismanagement etc,at least a dozen times,plus fastway emailed them ref refunding me from he couriers side no joy,,,,,do yourself a favour and Google SD customer complaints

No need for me to google anything
    It’s an issue between yourself and the courier, they didn’t scan it and they didn’t deliver it so it’s lost and their fault
    Claim from fastway if you have a receipt from them then it shouldn’t be a problem

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »

No need for me to google anything
    It’s an issue between yourself and the courier, they didn’t scan it and they didn’t deliver it so it’s lost and their fault
    Claim from fastway if you have a receipt from them then it shouldn’t be a problem
    Understand that fully,but SD have an obligation to customers ref shoddy fastway courier driver,who picked up my return, failed to scan it,and then just dumped it somewhere in their warehouse in little island, know if I fcuked up at a job I'd be hauled over the coals

Understand that fully,but SD have an obligation to customers ref shoddy fastway courier driver,who picked up my return, failed to scan it,and then just dumped it somewhere in their warehouse in little island, know if I fcuked up at a job I'd be hauled over the coals

No they don't.

No they don't.
    That's your opinion,I differ

It's not an opinion related statement. You stated that Sports Direct are obliged to do something. If they are obliged to do it and haven't done it, you should be suing.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

I was one of the saddos who actually read through the terms when Sports Direct changed their delivery services a couple of years ago, and it specifically says that you are entering into a contract with the couriers for delivery, not Sports direct, so Fastway is you only recourse for reimbursment.

Sports direct didn’t get the item or items back so they aren’t going to refund you and I don’t blame them at all
    That’s between you and the courier
    If the item or items didn’t get to you in the first place when you ordered them would you pay them ? No lol
    To get a refund it’s your responsibility to ensure it’s delivered back to the company and PayPal will expect proof of returned item being delivered to get a refund also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭bren2001

You chose to return the products using Fastway. You entered a contract with them which has nothing to do with SD. There were other free methods of returning the product e.g. if you paid via Paypal you could have availed of the free returns and used Nightline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

but SD have an obligation to customers ref shoddy fastway courier driver

These kind of blind comments on a smaller company could destroy its reputation simply by word of mouth when in this scenario it’s obvious that the company you’re badmouthing and trying to convince others of their bad service have actually nothing to do with your problem!!

I can understand why you're p1ssed and trying to get your money back but attempting to deface a companies reputation that has no responsibilities towards the issue is not the way to do it

bren2001 wrote: »
    You chose to return the products using Fastway. You entered a contract with them which has nothing to do with SD. There were other free methods of returning the product e.g. if you paid via Paypal you could have availed of the free returns and used Nightline.

I finally activated the free returns thing on PayPal (luckily haven't had any use for it so far), and then after I signed up it says it's limited to 6 returns up until the end of December last year...

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    I finally activated the free returns thing on PayPal (luckily haven't had any use for it so far), and then after I signed up it says it's limited to 6 returns up until the end of December last year...

Free returns was great while it lasted, I think I used it a dozen times, shame it’s gone now though. It may comeback fingers crossed
    Most of my returns are now done via parcel motel and then onto whatever returns service the company is using in the uk, normally collect plus
    It’s a slow tedious process but it’s yet to fail me

Advertisement