Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

bren2001 wrote: »
    That's your opinion,I differ

You chose to return the products using Fastway. You entered a contract with them which has nothing to do with SD. There were other free methods of returning the product e.g. if you paid via Paypal you could have availed of the free returns and used Nightline.
    Didn't choose fastway,it's part of SD returns policy

bren2001 wrote: »
    That's your opinion,I differ

You chose to return the products using Fastway. You entered a contract with them which has nothing to do with SD. There were other free methods of returning the product e.g. if you paid via Paypal you could have availed of the free returns and used Nightline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

We do our best to ensure all of our customers enjoy a happy shopping experience with SportsDirect.com Ireland however occasionally you may need to return an item.

In store purchases
    Please return your purchases to either the store you purchased from or your local store.

Online purchases
    To return an item(s) firstly print the Returns Form, complete it and return it with your invoice and goods to:

Customer Returns,
    Unit B,
    Brook Park East,
    Shirebrook.
    NG20 8RY.

We would recommend that you return your items via registered post. Please clearly state on the invoice the reason for return and whether you require a refund or exchange, We are only able to exchange items for the same product.

Personalised Items are non-returnable. Some goods are non-returnable for hygiene reasons. Please note that this does not affect your statutory rights.

If a full refund including the original delivery costs is required, we need to be informed fourteen (14) days after the receipt of the order. The order must be then returned to us within fourteen (14) days after we have been informed of the cancellation, however you will be responsible for the cost of returns the goods to us. If a return is payable to you we will process the refund as soon as possible and, in any case within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the original order back to us.

The returned goods do not need to be in their original packaging however they need to be in a sellable condition. Return postage is at your own cost and risk.

You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation. This applies to all goods that are returned.

The internet isn’t for everyone

Parcel connect ,e6.95,payzone agent,to fastway courier,to SD(that's the plan ) versus registered mail e36.00 ,which would u have picked

Parcel connect ,e6.95,payzone agent,to fastway courier,to SD(that's the plan ) versus registered mail e36.00 ,which would u have picked

but you stated that using fastway was part of the returns policy and thats nonsense really, i would have used parcel motel or parcel wizard but thats beside the point.

you left it at a payzone ? anything could have happened to it, did fastway collect it or did someone else collect it by mistake ? who knows

your consumer issue is with fastway not sports direct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭bren2001

You could have sent it back using any method you wanted. If you wanted to return it for free, Fastway were the option provided by SD. As I've already pointed out, you could have availed of the Paypal return scheme and used any method you wanted; An Post, Nightline/Parcel Motel, DHL etc. any one of these methods would have also been free.

That's what I mean when I say you chose Fastway. Your issue really has nothing to do with SD. I'm not really sure why you think they are at fault. They never received the item. If they issued you a refund, then anyone could pretend to post something back to them.

OmegaGene wrote: »

but you stated that using fastway was part of the returns policy and thats nonsense really, i would have used parcel motel or parcel wizard but thats beside the point.

you left it at a payzone ? anything could have happened to it, did fastway collect it or did someone else collect it by mistake ? who knows

your consumer issue is with fastway not sports direct
    Fastway collection,googled it and AFAIK courier who delivered needed to be same who returned it,and after getting the ridiculous price from an post ,I had no choice but to use the fastway service,I mean u tell me,item cost less than the cost of registered mail

AFAIK courier who delivered needed to be same who returned it

You were incorrect.
    I had no choice but to use the fastway service

You did have a choice.
    I mean u tell me,item cost less than the cost of registered mail

What would you like me to tell you? Sports Direct are responsible because you chose the cheapest return method?

Fastway collection,googled it and AFAIK courier who delivered needed to be same who returned it,and after getting the ridiculous price from an post ,I had no choice but to use the fastway service,I mean u tell me,item cost less than the cost of registered mail

Your google machine must be broken lol
    You have a choice of who you use as a courier once it gets back to the company with proof you get a refund
    It hasn’t got back so they won’t refund simples

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

THere was a promo running there last week where they had 20% off using the app. I take it that is gone? Had a look there and no sign on the main site.
    Any promo on that boardsies know of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

THere was a promo running there last week where they had 20% off using the app. I take it that is gone? Had a look there and no sign on the main site.
    Any promo on that boardsies know of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Just got a push notification that there's 50% off under armour. Not sure if it's all stock or selected (didn't look as I don't need anything)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

:(

20% off would have been great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

does it usually take 2 weeks for delivery ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

does it usually take 2 weeks for delivery ?
    My last two orders arrived in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

20% off via app until 15th July

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

do you ever notice that sometimes if you go on the uk website they have different items for sale than if you go on the irish version?

and I just downloaded the app.... it is the uk version.
    is there an irish app?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭lazyman

Seve OB wrote: »
    and I just downloaded the app.... it is the uk version.
    is there an irish app?

Change the currency to euro in the settings

• Advertisement

lazyman wrote: »
    Change the currency to euro in the settings

yes, but there are 2 separate sites.

the app is linked to the uk site. I was just wondering if there is an app linked to the irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

Seve OB wrote: »
    yes, but there are 2 separate sites.

the app is linked to the uk site. I was just wondering if there is an app linked to the irish site.

The uk site has much more items listed.
    Why do you want the Irish site ?

green123 wrote: »
    The uk site has much more items listed.
    Why do you want the Irish site ?

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

'20% off' extended for unknown number of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Brilliant sale

Make sure to set it to price Low-high as you can find some bargains.

Also check out the brand Lee cooper, they seem to be trying to give the stuff away.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Did anyone get a FAI 'Sportsdirect' soccer camp 20% voucher this year?

There was a 20% one knocking here last year which you could use in store which I got great use out of, especially for back to school.

mac.in wrote: »
    '20% off' extended for unknown number of days.

Hopefully it will last until Wednesday aka payday

Any free p&p codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Did anyone get a FAI 'Sportsdirect' soccer camp 20% voucher this year?

There was a 20% one knocking here last year which you could use in store which I got great use out of, especially for back to school.

Hardly work alongside??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

20% off ends midnight, can't log in...

"This email address or password is incorrect"

No it's not you w*nkers.

Made new account, couldn't use usual email as already registered, so new one, got logged in, can't change to euro, some dumb SOABITCH made this app.

Look at all the app review complaints!

Cleared cache, logged out just to see would it fix it, went to log back in......

HOLY HELL!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

APP DELETED.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Been using the APP for months, never had a problem.

Kuva wrote: »
    20% off ends midnight, can't log in...

No it's not you w*nkers.

Made new account, couldn't use usual email as already registered, so new one, got logged in, can't change to euro, some dumb SOABITCH made this app.

Look at all the app review complaints!

Cleared cache, logged out just to see would it fix it, went to log back in......

HOLY HELL!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

APP DELETED.

Advertisement