Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

lazyman wrote: »
    Ordered last Sunday evening and came this morning, longer than usual.
    Yup, same here. Fastway dropped it off this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Ordered last week Monday.
    Still awaiting pickup by courier.
    Emailed on Thursday and no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Ordered on x and delivered x lol
    Just wait for your bargain to arrive, poiintless updating strangers on your delivery

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

That information might be useful for strangers using the same service, no?

I'd imagine a lot of people using this thread buy frequently from Sports Direct, and they may be interested in delivery times, particularly if they're buying something that's time sensitive. I bought keeper gloves about a year ago for and needed them within 10 days. They got there, but were I in the same situation now judging by others experience they may not have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Agreed, they are gone to pot, I ordered 17th July, don't even have a tracking number yet.

Last time ordering for me. If it was free delivery then fine, but paying €6.50 for delivery and the attitude is "you can have your goods whenever we get around to sending them", isn't on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Ordered last week and all arrived exactly as ordered within 5 working days, got lucky I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Mine now updated to hawkes Bay hub (?!) ... Straight after I emailed them saying the tracking number didn't work.

rizzee wrote: »
    Mine now updated to hawkes Bay hub (?!) ... Straight after I emailed them saying the tracking number didn't work.

Got an email back they are having warehouse probs whatever that means. But despatched when you email them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Here’s an idea
    Maybe sports direct are really busy since they ran the promotion and have a back log of orders and it’s taking longer to get the cheap gear sent out to customers

I was in heatons/sports direct at the weekend and spotted French connection gear in there, t shirts for €12 and jeans for €30-€40 which is incredibly cheap compared the French connection shop

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

vicwatson wrote: »

Agreed, they are gone to pot, I ordered 17th July, don't even have a tracking number yet.

Last time ordering for me. If it was free delivery then fine, but paying €6.50 for delivery and the attitude is "you can have your goods whenever we get around to sending them", isn't on.
    Lost my returned order,(fastway guy forgot to scan it,took 3 months plus to get anything back, disaster,no more sports direct for me as long as fastway cowboys deliver

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Here’s an idea
    Maybe sports direct are really busy since they ran the promotion and have a back log of orders and it’s taking longer to get the cheap gear sent out to customers

I was in heatons/sports direct at the weekend and spotted French connection gear in there, t shirts for €12 and jeans for €30-€40 which is incredibly cheap compared the French connection shop

Shouldn’t have had a sale if they couldn’t fulfill their orders in a timely manner, cheaper or not, just sayin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Here’s an idea

The only reason I asked on this thread is because I haven't ordered from them in at least 6 months, possibly a year. I was unaware of an online sale. Also I needed the items before this Friday.

I picked up a few of the 15 euro FCUK tshirts in store coincidentally, they are great!

Ordered Thursday and it's with the delivery driver this morning so presuming I get it today... they're delivering to work so it'll be hard to leave it on the doorstep :D

Jesus Fastway have an awful reputation...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Yea ive had bad experiences with them.i think an post are much more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

4% cashback available on AIB rewards

4% cashback available on AIB rewards

Anyone got an idea how much to send back a pair of runners approx, via an post?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone got an idea how much to send back a pair of runners approx, via an post?

they recommend you send them back registered post which is roughly 12/13 euro.paypal will you refund you the postage money if you paid for the item through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody know if you can you return items to local store if you purchased item online? I've contacted their CS but no response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

they recommend you send them back registered post which is roughly 12/13 euro.paypal will you refund you the postage money if you paid for the item through them.

Really?

How long is that in place? Is that just for SportsDirect?

I've tried to stay away from SD for a while, on the off chance I get some Asian fit gear or something. But this Paypal thing could be a game changer.

Thanks a bundle, I actually did this before but totally forgot. Cheers

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Anybody know if you can you return items to local store if you purchased item online? I've contacted their CS but no response yet.

No they don’t allow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Soarer wrote: »
    Really?

How long is that in place? Is that just for SportsDirect?

I've tried to stay away from SD for a while, on the off chance I get some Asian fit gear or something. But this Paypal thing could be a game changer.

https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Must be over a year active.

Not a game changer.

game changer isnt far off the mark. i dont see anything wrong with refunding you the postage,if you buy something and the damn thing doesnt fit. paypal will take care of the postage for sending it back to england.
    its a great perk IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Here’s an idea

The only reason I asked on this thread is because I haven't ordered from them in at least 6 months, possibly a year. I was unaware of an online sale. Also I needed the items before this Friday.

I picked up a few of the 15 euro FCUK tshirts in store coincidentally, they are great!

Ordered Thursday and it's with the delivery driver this morning so presuming I get it today... they're delivering to work so it'll be hard to leave it on the doorstep :D

Fastway are the reason I'm never ordering from SD again, left me down big time

NB if sending a package back and you are looking to avail of a refund of postage from PayPal take a pic of the package aswell as getting a receipt of postage as PayPal want that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Just a quick note to mention a good customer service experience with Sports Direct. I ordered a new pair of golf shoes recently (budget range). When they arrived, I went to tighten the spikes as recommended which was all fine until I got to the last one. Kept twisting and twisting but it wouldn't tighten. I noticed then that the short metal bit that screwed into the hole in the shoe had no thread on it, so it was never going to work. I didn't really want the hassle of sending the shoes back over a small thing like this, so I emailed CS and asked if they would send me a spare spike. I hadn't received a response to the email after about a week, so I was resigning myself to picking up a spare spike somewhere....until I got a package in the post Monday, containing a handful of replacement spikes. Thanks, SD!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sn@kebite

I'm sorry I can't read 230 pages of this thread.

But can someone tell me how they ship? What courier to they use I read it was Hermes but we don't have Hermes in ROI so who would take over in Dublin when Hermes delivers to Ireland. (Hate couriers)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Sn@kebite wrote: »

But can someone tell me how they ship? What courier to they use I read it was Hermes but we don't have Hermes in ROI so who would take over in Dublin when Hermes delivers to Ireland. (Hate couriers)

Fastway

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

From three posts above yours:

vzgyre1.png

• Advertisement

I'm sorry your time is so precious. But in fairness it wouldn't take much to just look at the last few pages where it has been mentioned countless of times.

questions like this which show pure ignorance and laziness should deserve a ban

Advertisement