Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Has/could anyone ask Hector on Facebook about the issue with lyca not being able to call/text iD customers? I don't have Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

When i log in I use the lyca number. I'm after porting to my own number now and I can't log in.
    Do I have to register again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

FrostyJim wrote: »
    I don't have Facebook.
    OMG

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

yabadabado wrote: »
    Do Lyca have 4G ?

No, not at the moment.

Though there are rumours that it will be coming soon. They blogged about it coming 2 months ago:

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/4g-is-coming

And Virgin Mobile, another MVNO on the Three network has just started getting it. So I assume Lyca, Tesco, etc. won't be far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

bossdrum wrote: »
    When i log in I use the lyca number. I'm after porting to my own number now and I can't log in.
    Do I have to register again?

Well, I ported this morning. I then logged in to my Lyca account using the ported number and leaving the password as is. Their system logged me in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

TheDriver wrote: »
    OMG

Much prefer the anonymity of boards.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

I will travel to Italy soon.
    Can i use lyca there with the Ireland plus bundle?

Is it free to call mobiles in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

cargen wrote: »
    I will travel to Italy soon.
    Can i use lyca there with the Ireland plus bundle?

Is it free to call mobiles in Ireland?

Yes its all over their website.providing you connect to whatever the lyca Italy network is you get free roaming with texts and calls within that bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

NATLOR wrote: »
    Yes its all over their website.providing you connect to whatever the lyca Italy network is you get free roaming with texts and calls within that bundle

Do they have an internet plan ad well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

cargen wrote: »
    Do they have an internet plan ad well?
    Info is provided in the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Still haven't ported over, surely reconsidering the move.I've found their customer care very poor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

All offers extended to 31/07/16 including
    5gb free with any top-up
    20% off bundles

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

€55 for 1gb of data if you are in France?
    That's mental!!!!!

Anyone know why France in particular is so expensive?
    I'm just back from there and what i did was sign up with Meteor for 1 month.
    I got 1gb data for roaming, 4 gb for using at home,unlimited texts and 400 mins calls. No extra roaming charges.
    €24 for one month.

I got a Lyca sim before i went but when I realised the cost of roaming, i then went with meteor.
    I cancelled my meteor(30 days notice needed) as they are more expensive at home than Tesco, who i was with before i went away.
    Not sure whether to top up the Lyca sim or go crawling back to Tesco:(when my month is up in a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

Hi jonnyblues, three questions if you don't mind:-

1. If you set your mobile network -> network operators to "Choose Automatically" will it not select the Lycamobile network wherever you are including when roaming in other countries?

2. Is there a list of what networks you should connect to when roaming with Lycamobile? (I checked their site but can't find a definitive list) I'm particularly interested in what network(s) I should connect to when in France.

3. What happens if you're roaming and the area you're in isn't served by the local Lycamobile network and your phone automatically connects to another network?

There is a thread on Lyca Data Roaming here; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99854837
    pjq

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

blade1 wrote: »
    Anyone know why France in particular is so expensive?
    I'm just back from there and what i did was sign up with Meteor for 1 month.
    I got 1gb data for roaming, 4 gb for using at home,unlimited texts and 400 mins calls. No extra roaming charges.
    €24 for one month.

I got a Lyca sim before i went but when I realised the cost of roaming, i then went with meteor.
    I cancelled my meteor(30 days notice needed) as they are more expensive at home than Tesco, who i was with before i went away.
    Not sure whether to top up the Lyca sim or go crawling back to Tesco:(when my month is up in a few days!

Data roaming is still very complex, with different companies charging different amounts in different countries.

Lyca have great deals in some countries and terrible deals in others.

I think it comes down to if they already operate in the country or not and what it's relationship with networks there are.

Tesco's data roaming is terrible across the board. My strategy is:

- Use Lyca in Ireland as my main phone
    - Use Lyca abroad where they have good deals available.
    - I've a meteor pay as you go sim * which I use for data roaming on my iphone, in other countries where Lyca isn't good for data and I put my Lyca Sim in an old phone and use the free call and text roaming on it.

Obviously not ideal, but works well enough. Lyca still gives you much better roaming options then Tesco anyway.

* €15 for 1GB in Europe, I just top up with the €15 before going.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

Sometimes the website can be confusing
    I added these notes to my Lyca Contact in my address book,

May be helpful to someone:)

Notes:
    *131# Cash Balance
    *147# free 5gb remaining data allowance
    *137# bundle balance.
    €9 bundle: Text 2001 to 3535 OR Dial *139* 2001#
    Call us on: 01 437 2322
    or from lycamobile1923
    7 days a week

Deactivate voicemail *185#
    voicemail 121
    To access your voicemail from abroad Dial +353 899 500 121 and follow the instructions

Top-up your balance
    You can buy Lycamobile top-up vouchers online at www.lycamobile.ie or from your local retailer. Lycamobile is available at over 5,000 stores across Ireland. The voucher will show a PIN either printed on it or underneath a scratch panel.

To check your balance while you are abroad:
    Dial +353 899 500 321

Enter *131*PIN#, press send, or
    Dial 1747 from your Lycamobile and follow the instructions
    Topping-up online is the most convenient way to top-up your Lycamobile.
    Register your Lycamobile SIM online at www.lycamobile.ie
    Top-up your mobile instantly online using a debit or credit card

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany,
    Ireland, Poland, Romania, Spain, Swiss, Sweden, UK ,
    Netherland
    HOME DATA XS1 € 1.99 50 MB *139*7011# 30 Days
    HOME DATA S1 € 5 250 MB *139*7001# 30 Days
    HOME DATA M1 € 7 500 MB *139*7051# 30 Days
    HOME DATA L1 € 12 1GB *139*7101# 30 Days

Norway
    HOME DATA XS2 € 2.99 50 MB *139*7012# 30 Days
    HOME DATA S2 € 10 250 MB *139*7002# 30 Days
    HOME DATA M2 € 15 500 MB *139*7052# 30 Days
    HOME DATA L2 € 25 1GB *139*7102# 30 Days

France , Portugal
    HOME DATA XS3 € 4.99 50 MB *139*7013# 30 Days
    HOMEDATA S3 € 20 250 MB *139*7003# 30 Days
    HOME DATA M3 € 29 500 MB *139*7053# 30 Days
    HOME DATA L3 € 55 1GB *139*7103# 30 Days

How to check the call rates?
    Dial *136* Phone number with country code# from your mobile
    e.g. *136*009187978884847#

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Aren't all operators bound by the new EU rules on roaming charges? So the max that can be charged is 5c per MB for data? It used to be 20 so much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭140490

Anyone know how to bypass tethering block ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Is anyone having issues with the signal dropping?

Its happening to me constantly and I am getting fed up of it at this now.

Try hector first, they quickly looked into 2 issues for me in fairness to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Try hector first, they quickly looked into 2 issues for me in fairness to them

I have the same problem with data signal dropping. Who's hector?

On facebook, he responds very quickly and it does seem to get looked into

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

On facebook, he responds very quickly and it does seem to get looked into

What does one search on Facebook to find Hector?

Lyca mobile ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Happened to me with 2 different SIMs on 2 different phones when I tried it last year and again this year.
    Sounds like a real problem.

breathn wrote: »
    Happened to me with 2 different SIMs on 2 different phones when I tried it last year and again this year.
    Sounds like a real problem.

I haven't noticed any unusual issues here *, perhaps it is a local issue with your closest cell tower?

* Bare in mind that cell service is far from perfect from any company, the walls of buildings can cause reception to drop, same with trees, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've been suggesting Lyca to a friend who is just using up the last of their credit and current add on allowance before switching. There seems to be a number of posts with problems being reported. On top of this is the odd way of roaming with the UK number appearing on outgoing calls, then I see no 4g also (although if Tesco don't either, then that won't be any different for my friend).

Is there anyone here who is completely happy with the service so far, has not run into any problems worth complaining about (no network is absolutely perfect) and who would, regardless of the above, still recommend switching due to the savings to be had?

My friend just wants to swtich, set up the auto renew top ups and forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

cormie wrote: »
    I've been suggesting Lyca to a friend who is just using up the last of their credit and current add on allowance before switching. There seems to be a number of posts with problems being reported. On top of this is the odd way of roaming with the UK number appearing on outgoing calls, then I see no 4g also (although if Tesco don't either, then that won't be any different for my friend).

Is there anyone here who is completely happy with the service so far, has not run into any problems worth complaining about (no network is absolutely perfect) and who would, regardless of the above, still recommend switching due to the savings to be had?

My friend just wants to swtich, set up the auto renew top ups and forget about it.
    I moved me,my partner and 3 kids over from 48.Using the service for 3 weeks now and find it grand, no better or worse than 48 was.

My only complaint is I haven't received the €15 credit for referring 3 people but will inquire about that when I have the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I use Lyca for nearly a year now and experienced wide range of problems, but overall they have services that nobody else have and for price that nobody can match so I would recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

How do you view your remaining allowance online?

Advertisement