Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Wreckless in love stage is over at 2am on Friday night? That can't be right is it? It usually goes on to 4 or 5am

I’m reading the grey blocks as “party continues”.

Still implies 3am close.

I very very doubt it though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I don't think Reckless in Love ever went later than 3 or so in the past. I'm pretty sure of this because it was audible from the family campervan site, where I was usually trying to sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Sat night's main stage shaping up nicely - KKC, Sleaford Mods & Modeselektor!!!

Proper whopper as the yoof are want to say!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

fillup wrote: »
    Sat night's main stage shaping up nicely - KKC, Sleaford Mods & Modeselektor!!!

Proper whopper as the yoof are want to say!!!

Was thinking this too.

KKC on the same time as Confidence Man in the Midnight Circus though. I've seen KKC so many times I might go with Confidence Man and leave early for the end of KKC at the main stage. I suppose I will see how I'm feeling on the night!

Saturday definitely the strongest day of the three as it usually is.

So Friday there's Kruder and Dorfmeister at the main stage for definite... and any other stand outs?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

So Friday there's Kruder and Dorfmeister at the main stage for definite... and any other stand outs?

Murder Capital opening the main stage on Friday are worth checking out - great live band, intense frontman
    And the auld Kneecapped put on a good show too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

fillup wrote: »
    Murder Capital opening the main stage on Friday are worth checking out - great live band, intense frontman
    And the auld Kneecapped put on a good show too

Add to that Neil Flynn for some crunchy ambient techno at Reckless in Love 10 - 11.30 PM, Fish Go Deep to take you higher after K&D at the Hennessy Stage 12 - 3 AM.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Add to that Neil Flynn for some crunchy ambient techno at Reckless in Love 10 - 11.30 PM, Fish Go Deep to take you higher after K&D at the Hennessy Stage 12 - 3 AM.

I keep getting Neil Flynn and Flynn mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

I keep getting Neil Flynn and Flynn mixed up.

And there’s O’Flynn - not at B&S but a very good DJ/producer from London. Would be a good festival addition...

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

whelzer wrote: »
    And there’s O’Flynn - not at B&S but a very good DJ/producer from London. Would be a good festival addition...

Thankfully Mark Flynn goes by The Drifter to reduce confusion levels...

What's the craic with the "Ancillary Entertainment" on the main stage after 2? Do you ever find out whos playing it? Le Boom played it one year, but that's all I can remember about it.

• Advertisement

What's the craic with the "Ancillary Entertainment" on the main stage after 2? Do you ever find out whos playing it? Le Boom played it one year, but that's all I can remember about it.

Just another word for after hours really, the sound will be lowered somewhat, it just means stuff on after the main stage and marquees close.

The Midnight Circus tent is gonna be unreal on Friday night, the only time I'm leaving it is to go see Pillow Queens and Roe maybe, but if you don't like hip hop and rap it might not be your thing though. Kneecap first thing on Friday at 6pm is a great way to open the weekend.

Getting excited now, starting to recharge stuff, doing extra laundary and brainstorming what essentials I need to buy for a week of camping. I head off to Ballinlough early Tuesday morning and will be doing two twelve hour shifts on Tuesday and Wednesday and I'm free for the Thurs and full weekend, woo hoo! can't phucking wait. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Peesh89

Getting excited now, starting to recharge stuff, doing extra laundary and brainstorming what essentials I need to buy for a week of camping. I head off to Ballinlough early Tuesday morning and will be doing two twelve hour shifts on Tuesday and Wednesday and I'm free for the Thurs and full weekend, woo hoo! can't phucking wait. :)

Hahah your reports and behind the scenes knowledge of the grounds etc pre-festival always get me excited!

I'll look a bit deeper later, but right now, and fairly consistently over the last few days of forecasts, it seems like we're looking at a mostly dry Friday and Saturday, but possibly a fairly soaked Sunday evening.

Poncho at the ready for The Blaze on Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Peterd66

Come'on who is updating Clashfinder so Pablo's festival app works?

P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Peterd66 wrote: »

P
    You?

Peterd66 wrote: »

P

Just go with the flow, follow the music with your heart, all the stages are fairly close together anyway and the smaller acts tend to show up in different stages throughout the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Hi folks. Just a couple of questions if any of you previous B&S attendees wouldn't mind answering!

Would it be suitable to bring a parent? They aren't the serious type, just wondering if they'd enjoy it.

Would there be any type of house music there? It's a genre I love.

What type of crowd does it bring?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi folks. Just a couple of questions if any of you previous B&S attendees wouldn't mind answering!

Would it be suitable to bring a parent? They aren't the serious type, just wondering if they'd enjoy it.

Would there be any type of house music there? It's a genre I love.

What type of crowd does it bring?

Thanks!

Lots of house music - checkout most of Reckless in Love stage, and a few other acts on various stages around.

Great crowd, very relaxed, never any major hassle. Lots of great food and drinks around, so a parent (I mean, *I'm* a parent) would find plenty to occupy themselves with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jpkelly294

Whats this festival like lol im getting old now for Life festival I seriously love my dance music. But Life has gone to a completely different crowd an not in a good way. Its a shame really

Well Peeps I'm jumping into a taxi at 4.20 catching a bus to Loughrea and a friend who is starting the same shift as me is picking me up there and driving to the Body&Soul festival site, maybe I'll meet some of you there. :)

Is the campsite open as usual at 12pm on Friday? I can't find a time anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Brodudemanpal

Anyone know if changing the name on a ticket is necessary? will they be checking IDs to confirm the tickets match the user?

Anyone know if changing the name on a ticket is necessary? will they be checking IDs to confirm the tickets match the user?

Dunno, my friend did it last year just to be sure but none of us have ever been asked to check ID against a name in the years we've been going.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Dunno, my friend did it last year just to be sure but none of us have ever been asked to check ID against a name in the years we've been going.

I'm about to buy second hand tickets myself and wondering the same, would be worried in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I don't recall them ever checking names.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

The tickets are You & Us camping too, we're planning on just staying in General Camping, will it matter?

• Advertisement

A193 wrote: »
    The tickets are You & Us camping too, we're planning on just staying in General Camping, will it matter?

Nope, only matters the opposite way around. If you're general camping you can't access Us and You.

Advertisement