Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Is there an App for timetable/scheduling purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

I'd say they suffer massively, rarely a queue for pints during the day in B&S!

I wouldn't buy drink in the arena if they forced me. I'm happy to do it at B+S, as they're sound with the two options.

If it wasn't free flow, i'd just end up getting more drunk at the campsite to keep me going and that isn't ideal either.

I remember Life Fest wasn't free flow and I just ended up filling a 7up bottle with spirits and mixer, then lobbed it high and far over the fence to an area where nobody was.

Walked straight through then to find my bounty.

The feeling of sticking it to the man did more for my mood than the drink ever could.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Peesh89

whelzer wrote: »
    Is there an App for timetable/scheduling purposes?
    Dont think theres app this year, I've been an absolute geek and thrown what I want to see in an excel sheet... I may have even used colours and bold lettering in certain areas.

Twitching here in work with excitement.. think I'll spend the day just staring at the map and timetables to see have I somehow missed something when I know I haven't.

Got two of those flimsy collapsable pouch bottles last night in Dealz if anyone was looking for them. Been carrying cans along with pre-mixed gin and juice in to festivals for years up until last year and now doing what Ethereal Cereal mentioned, bring the gin and go to a lovely ice cream man/lady for a nice cold can/bottle of fanta to mix. And Orchard Thieves for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

I've never been to a free flow festival, looking forward to the ease!

A bit freaked mine/our names aren't on the ticket, but I doubt they'll actually be checking. The guy I bought them from said not once in 5 years was he asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I drank less at B&S than EP, down purely to the free-flow system. I bring a few cans with me into the arena, drink when I want and enjoy the music all day without feeling the need to tank up in the campsite, miss a lot of acts and hit the arena half cut.

On Sunday even though I have cans left I'll buy some beer at the bars, sick of warm beer by then.

• Advertisement

A193 wrote: »
    I've never been to a free flow festival, looking forward to the ease!

A bit freaked mine/our names aren't on the ticket, but I doubt they'll actually be checking. The guy I bought them from said not once in 5 years was he asked.

You'll be grand.

Peesh89 wrote: »
    I've been an absolute geek and thrown what I want to see in an excel sheet... I may have even used colours and bold lettering in certain areas.

Twitching here in work with excitement.. think I'll spend the day just staring at the map and timetables to see have I somehow missed something when I know I haven't.

Snap!

App would have been handy all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Clashfinder is probably the best you'll get. Worked a charm for EP last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

A193 wrote: »
    Clashfinder is probably the best you'll get. Worked a charm for EP last year.

https://clashfinder.com/s/bodyandsoul2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

For anyone bringing kids, here's the Soul Kids timetable.

Slightly bizarre that it doesn't seem to have been published anywhere that I could find ... I got it from them through FB Messenger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wattlendaub

The Festable app also has all the timetable info for body&soul: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

For anyone bringing kids, here's the Soul Kids timetable.

Slightly bizarre that it doesn't seem to have been published anywhere that I could find ... I got it from them through FB Messenger

Not sure they've ever published the timetable for that ahead of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

GarTay28 wrote: »
    Yes parking from 9 and opening at 12.. its on the ticket

Thanks. It says 3pm on my ticket and no other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

keithkk16 wrote: »
    I've had Confidence Man songs stuck in my head all day so I think I've found my answer:D

Is that an arrested development reference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

Thanks for all the recommendations on here over the past few weeks.

Have the B&S Spotify playlist on as I pack :)

The excitement of it all.

Have really been getting into Pillow Queens recently. Also Primary Colours and True Tides are sounding very fresh too.
    All on the Woodlands stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's tomorrow! I'm honestly sad I'm not going to B&S this year even though I'll have my fun next week. The weather forecast is looking pretty good I hope ye all have an epic weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

Will be checking out fonda and thumper on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Getting all packed up for my 10th B&S

Bring it on Ballinlough!

See yiz in the fields peoples

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

fillup wrote: »

Bring it on Ballinlough!

Mine too!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

fillup wrote: »

Bring it on Ballinlough!

Mine too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I wish this was on this weekend - the weather is fantastic for a festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I wish this was on this weekend - the weather is fantastic for a festival!

It is

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

En route... Have a fab time everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

I'm not going down til the Sunday but the buses are sold out, does anyone know another way of getting down? A nearby town etc..?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Folks - Does anyone know about bringing children with them on a Sunday ticket?

My ticket says (in the small print) that "Up to 2 children under 12 can be admitted free of charge as long as they were registered at the point of purchase".

There was no option to register children when I was buying the Sunday ticket through the web portal???

So how we all doing?

Less than an hours Q to get in 1-2 pm.

Tent sorted, cans opened, pretty darn hot in the sun!

So looking fwd to K&D tonight!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

whelzer wrote: »
    So how we all doing?

Less than an hours Q to get in 1-2 pm.

Tent sorted, cans opened, pretty darn hot in the sun!

So looking fwd to K&D tonight!

Any sign of a hipster craft beer bar, or is it all heniken/bulmers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Not able to make this year unfortunately, hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Am in Portugal on holidays, so not making this year.

Hope you all have a great time and stay safe (sunscreen!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

Saturday and Sunday camping tickets on sale now.

Advertisement