Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Heiser wrote: »
    Why is everyone presuming it hasn't sold well? All the other big festivals have sold really well and people have money again

Because we as Irish people want everything to be a roaring success or else a diabolical failure. We dont do reasonable success

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

WAHOO!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kwat

It’s a bit shi*ty that 9 days before the festival they still haven’t given the day by day split at least.
    They always seem to be the slowest of all the festivals in giving out information.
    They surely have it locked down by now, just release it!

kwat wrote: »
    It’s a bit shi*ty that 9 days before the festival they still haven’t given the day by day split at least.
    They always seem to be the slowest of all the festivals in giving out information.

I thought the Picnic had that crown, but perhaps your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The day-by-day split is kind of meaningless though when you only have Weekend or Sunday tickets. Like, there's no real choice about what you're going to see, unlike with Forbidden Fruit or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

https://www.thejournal.ie/rain-this-week-omega-block-4679174-Jun2019/

The Journal not optimistic for the weather over the next 10 days 😑

GidCudi wrote: »
    https://www.thejournal.ie/rain-this-week-omega-block-4679174-Jun2019/

The Journal not optimistic for the weather over the next 10 days ��

I would ignore it, just dress for the weather I suppose, it certainly not cold anyway, I'm very warm at the moment at 22.42 PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Heiser wrote: »
    Why is everyone presuming it hasn't sold well?

Because they are advertising the fück out of it with 2 days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Effects wrote: »
    Because they are advertising the fück out of it with 2 days to go.

*10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

kwat wrote: »

you might be giving them a bit too much credit there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I would ignore it, just dress for the weather I suppose, it certainly not cold anyway, I'm very warm at the moment at 22.42 PM.

Same here - since its the Journal.

MadYaker wrote: »
    you might be giving them a bit too much credit there

They almost certainly have the schedule fairly closely locked down, but there's a reason festivals don't release all their news at once - it gives them a nice constant drip feed of PR that can help boost either next year's attendance (in the case of sold out festivals) or this year's (in the case where tickets are still available).

Here's my simplified and early forecast, based on the current charts:

Thursday - quite wet, about 8mm of rain all day.
    Friday - mostly dry (maybe a few sprinkles), high temp about 17C, overnight lows around 11.5C.
    Saturday - mostly dry with a possibility of a heavy shower or two in the early morning (around 6am-9am). Slightly cooler day, but highs still around 17C (just for less of the day), overnight lows around 10C.
    Sunday - not yet in forecast range.

None of the days look particularly sunny yet, quite a bit of cloud cover.

As always: we're a week away, these forecasts will change a lot in the next few days, this is nothing solid yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Peesh89

The ol' YR is looking very promising. I am absolutely that person refreshing the weather every 6hours a whole week before the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

keithkk16 wrote: »
    *10 days

Ah grand, I thought it was this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

Peesh89 wrote: »
    The ol' YR is looking very promising. I am absolutely that person refreshing the weather every 6hours a whole week before the festival.

Right with ye there. It's interesting how varied the forecasts are depending on what website you use.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Here's my simplified and early forecast, based on the current charts:

Thursday - quite wet, about 8mm of rain all day.
    Friday - mostly dry (maybe a few sprinkles), high temp about 17C, overnight lows around 11.5C.
    Saturday - mostly dry with a possibility of a heavy shower or two in the early morning (around 6am-9am). Slightly cooler day, but highs still around 17C (just for less of the day), overnight lows around 10C.
    Sunday - not yet in forecast range.

None of the days look particularly sunny yet, quite a bit of cloud cover.

As always: we're a week away, these forecasts will change a lot in the next few days, this is nothing solid yet.

As if to prove my last sentence, the models are flipping and flopping around already. Yesterday the one that was showing drier weather is showing wetter weather, and the one that was showing wetter weather is showing drier weather.

What's slightly concerning is that they're both agreeing on a pretty wet Sunday right now. Let's see if that holds.

I'm running on the presumption that this bad spell of weather has to break EVENTUALLY. And in my eyes that 'eventually' will be this day next week. Bring on the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Peesh89

62601890_10161827846050514_1682681157650481152_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=5ea8651fc837cad4a4b65fdc8c77ed39&oe=5D83379D

Reckless in Love moved completely! Now time to check my clashes...
    No work being done this afternoon.

Peesh89 wrote: »
    62601890_10161827846050514_1682681157650481152_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=5ea8651fc837cad4a4b65fdc8c77ed39&oe=5D83379D

Reckless in Love moved completely! Now time to check my clashes...
    No work being done this afternoon.

Cool! looks like it's where the absolut tent was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Cool! looks like it's where the absolut tent was?

Where are you seeing stage times?

The site has definitely shrunk a little bit this year - not just Reckless in Love moving back inside the main area, but the Comedy and 'conversation' stages are now doing time-shares with other stages inside the forest and walled garden.

I can't say I mind though, brings back the smaller scale feeling of 2015-ish, and Reckless in Love being moved to there is a massive improvement. The previous field was okay, but it didn't flow with the rest of the site and was too easy to miss.

In case you can't make it past the Irish Times paywall, here's the schedules on the B&S FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/BodyandSoulIreland/posts/10161827883740514

I'm definitely gonna check out Kneecap, over the last few years I've heard some great rap from Limerick, Clare and Dublin so this is my first exposure to Northern Ireland punk rap and they look like they could be mighty craic. 6.00 - 6.45 PM Friday Midnight Circus.

Daily Edge: Everything you need to know about KNEECAP?.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Definitely downsized especially on the Sat. No acts on the main stage on the afternoon to enjoy in the sun. Great to see Reckless back in the main area though.

Any one have any idea what the love letter stage is about or 2FM Classical collision?

Don’t miss Just Mustard late Sat night, something to aim for!

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Definitely downsized especially on the Sat. No acts on the main stage on the afternoon to enjoy in the sun. Great to see Reckless back in the main area though.

Any one have any idea what the love letter stage is about or 2FM Classical collision?

Don’t miss Just Mustard late Sat night, something to aim for!

Peter

I'm guessing the Love Letter stage is what I remember as the first Reckless In Love stage - it's down the back end of the woods (coming from main arena). It was Reckless in Love for my first Body and Soul in 2012.

Some of my favourite BnS memories are of dancing around down there with a big silly grin on me at around 3am. I remember The Drifter closed it once and was amazing - he's back this year (as usual!).

Less of a dance vibe at that stage these days - oh well...

They change the name of it every year or two but I think it's the only stage still going in the same spot since that first time I was there.

Interested to see what Reckless in Love looks like this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I'm definitely gonna check out Kneecap, over the last few years I've heard some great rap from Limerick, Clare and Dublin so this is my first exposure to Northern Ireland punk rap and they look like they could be mighty craic. 6.00 - 6.45 PM Saturday Midnight Circus.

Daily Edge: Everything you need to know about KNEECAP?.

They played one of the tents in the Walled Garden last year - mighty craic would be a good description.

Had kind of hoped to check out the Mitchell Drum experience though and it's on at the same time. Also a bit gutted by the Confidence Man vs. Kirtan Chanting clash!!!

1st world problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

I'm definitely gonna check out Kneecap, over the last few years I've heard some great rap from Limerick, Clare and Dublin so this is my first exposure to Northern Ireland punk rap and they look like they could be mighty craic. 6.00 - 6.45 PM Saturday Midnight Circus.

They're playing Friday! Apparently their set last year was brilliant, looking forward to it to kick off the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Wreckless in love stage is over at 2am on Friday night? That can't be right is it? It usually goes on to 4 or 5am

Advertisement