Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

As well as being a tech hub, Shenzhen/Guangzhou is the biggest manufacturing centre on the planet so cargo probably plays a big part in potentially making the route profitable

• Registered Users Posts: 24,829 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

As well as being a tech hub, Shenzhen/Guangzhou is the biggest manufacturing centre on the planet so cargo probably plays a big part in potentially making the route profitable

All the major players in air freight have big hubs there with MULTIPLE widebody arrivals and departures there

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

How is air Baltic doing at Dublin to Riga route so far

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

While looking at FR last night I noticed an inbound Emirates A380 to GLA.
    Did a quick google search and found they have ugraded both daily flights to a larger craft:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/glasgow-airport-airbus-a380-emirates-superjumbo-flights-a8872796.html

Now GLA and DUB have roughly the same vol of traffic to DXB so could we realistically see an A380 on the Dublin route in the not too distance future?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

technocrat wrote: »
    Did a quick google search and found they have ugraded both daily flights to a larger craft:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/glasgow-airport-airbus-a380-emirates-superjumbo-flights-a8872796.html

Now GLA and DUB have roughly the same vol of traffic to DXB so could we realistically see an A380 on the Dublin route in the not too distance future?
    I don’t think Dublin can accommodate an a380 with its current taxiways, aircraft stands and gates.
    Most airports need adapting to take this aircraft.
    In Gatwick for example there’s only one gate an A380 can use and it had to be adapted specifically for this.
    Dublin apron movements and congestion is a disaster at the best of time never mind throwing in an a380

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Noxegon

technocrat wrote: »
    Did a quick google search and found they have ugraded both daily flights to a larger craft

It’s a temporary arrangement only due to a runway closure in DXB.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Noxegon wrote: »
    It’s a temporary arrangement only due to a runway closure in DXB.

DUB will be losing the morning EK flight for a couple of months because of the closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Elaine762

How is TAP doing on the DUB LIS route? Are Ryanair and Aer Lingus keeping healthy loads since TAP started the route?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Elaine762 wrote: »
    How is TAP doing on the DUB LIS route? Are Ryanair and Aer Lingus keeping healthy loads since TAP started the route?

Did it start as A319? Seems to be upguaged to A320 a bit and future schedules also seem to be A320, which I assume is a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭VG31

TAP must have the worst on-time performance of any airline at Dublin. One hour delays seem to be the norm.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tp1323
    https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tp1327

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Elaine762 wrote: »

Did it start as A319? Seems to be upguaged to A320 a bit and future schedules also seem to be A320, which I assume is a good sign.

It was always expected to be a mix of both, more A320 than anything else though. The past week has mainly seen the A319 for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

ET secure fifth freedom rights on DUB-MAD from June.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Qatar going to 11 weekly from 1 April 2020

QR20 08:40 DUB 18:00 DOH B788 daily
    QR18 15:10 DUB 00:30 DOH B788 Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun

QR19 01:40 DOH 07:30 DUB B788 daily
    QR17 07:45 DOH 13:35 DUB B788 Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun

marno21 wrote: »

The growth out of Dublin seems to know no bounds. Traffic growth is strong but not unlimited so interesting to see who QR take traffic off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    ET secure fifth freedom rights on DUB-MAD from June.

What does that mean in practical terms ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    What does that mean in practical terms ?

You can now book the DUB-MAD leg whereas without 5thF rights, you could only book DUB-ADD via MAD or MAD-ADD but not DUB-MAD

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

You can now book the DUB-MAD leg whereas without 5thF rights, you could only book DUB-ADD via MAD or MAD-ADD but not DUB-MAD

132euro return for a weekend in July with checked bag included. Not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Ireland trains

Wasn't this previously announced for summer 19 or has this been cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Wasn't this previously announced for summer 19 or has this been cancelled

Only for Jul-Sep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

VG31 wrote: »
    TAP must have the worst on-time performance of any airline at Dublin. One hour delays seem to be the norm.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tp1323
    https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tp1327

Just a 2 hour delay this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

marno21 wrote: »

My OH is Her way to the Far East. When we booked in in Dublin this morning, we asked how the flight is doing. Whoever the person was booking in told us there were still 90 empty seats, & last Monday, there were only 90 odd people on the plane.

I wonder whats the justification for increasing DUB-Doha - must be a lot of valuable cargo.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

My OH is Her way to the Far East. When we booked in in Dublin this morning, we asked how the flight is doing. Whoever the person was booking in told us there were still 90 empty seats, & last Monday, there were only 90 odd people on the plane.

I wonder whats the justification for increasing DUB-Doha - must be a lot of valuable cargo.
    Cargo possibly and if it's full up the front it'll help too.

I'd imagine loads are much better during the summer too and the additional flights will meet a different departure bank at Doha which opens more connection possibilities. If the Qatar blockade ends it'll help them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭trellheim

Hiya

When did BA outshop the DUB-LCY route to Stobart ? You can really see the quality drop in the service ... or is it only certain flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭VG31

trellheim wrote: »
    Hiya

When did BA outshop the DUB-LCY route to Stobart ? You can really see the quality drop in the service ... or is it only certain flights.

Most of the flights are still BA CityFlyer. Stobart only operate one or two flights a day AFAIK.

thanks. I tried finding out which flights were which but could not tell - is there a flight number difference we can use to figure out which is Cityflyer and which is the outshop as it doesnt seem there is, want to avoid that if at all poss

thanks. I tried finding out which flights were which but could not tell - is there a flight number difference we can use to figure out which is Cityflyer and which is the outshop as it doesnt seem there is, want to avoid that if at all poss

On the BA site it says operated by Stobart if it is.

That route has gotten a bit weird in that the two operators are owned by IAG and both outsource to other entities who both outsource for EI. They should codeshare so when you open the EI website you get the full list of BA and EI flights listed.

They do this in BA for some routes but the fares for the EI flights seem to be mad prices like €400.

The City route is doing well though I assume, fares next Tuesday are 645 return!

all London routes are crazy busy at the moment, wish FR and EI would double the LGW frequency given it looks like full loads all the time at the mo given the prices I was quoted last week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,555 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The booking engine tells you.

It’s still an EMB jet regardless.

The booking engine tells you.

It’s still an EMB jet regardless.

A: Not all do, the corporate booking system I have to use for work definitely does not.

B: Yep it was still an embraer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,555 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

A: Not all do, the corporate booking system I have to use for work definitely does not.

B: Yep it was still an embraer.

The BA website booking engine I meant!

It flags it very clearly at enquiry stage.

A quick glance will be all you need.

Advertisement