Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC London **16th March 2019**

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

The Nal wrote: »
    Any sign of Till yet?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvUomBrgcI9/
    darrentill2
    Last Saturday was a tough night against a strong opponent, @gamebredfighter
    Fight game is a tough one.
    Few things need refocusing now, feel like I lost me self the past year & haven’t been fully focused to my craft!
    I’ve had a week in this amazing place Canada to revitalise with my thoughts!
    I’ll be back a different animal, @teamkaobon is still the best coach & person in this world & we will dominate for years to come.
    Can not wait to be back at the gym Monday evolving and focusing like never before. I owe it to myself!
    Peace mother****ers
    @gymshark F LIFe 🦍

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

xtal191 wrote: »

He's really full of sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Esse85 wrote: »
    He's really full of sh1t.

That's a bit unfair about a very decent/reasonable post-fight statement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

callaway92 wrote: »
    That's a bit unfair about a very decent/reasonable post-fight statement

"Few things need refocusing now, feel like I lost me self the past year & haven’t been fully focused to my craft!"

World title fight for the belt against Woodley back in and he posting that rubbish above. Wasn't fully focused LOL

Still couldn't get himself right for the Masvidal fight despite he talking rubbish pre fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Esse85 wrote: »
    "Few things need refocusing now, feel like I lost me self the past year & haven’t been fully focused to my craft!"

World title fight for the belt against Woodley back in and he posting that rubbish above. Wasn't fully focused LOL

Still couldn't get himself right for the Masvidal fight despite he talking rubbish pre fight.

:confused: - The hatred running through your veins for him is something else.

What would you have said as a fighter in the same situation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't care about Darren Till either way but I do dislike those types of statements, it's like trying to partly pin a loss on some external factor or variable rather than just accept that the better fighter won on the night and afford him the credit deserved.

Be more genuine to just say something like "Last Saturday was tough....Masvidal is a strong and legendary fighter.....time now to refocus on my craft and get my head back in the game...learn from defeat and come back stronger and better than ever", etc.

In fact if he'd just left out that 3rd line it'd be grand really. He mentions evolving and refocusing later down the statement anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLqG9eWks04

This is a great vid - some nice details of the gamesmanship on the night. Masvidal blowing a kiss Till's way after he misses with his signature left is fairly gangster.

Advertisement