Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC London **16th March 2019**

Options
  • 19-01-2019 3:39pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭


    470801.png


    UFC London fight card


    Darren Till vs Jorge Masvidal

    Leon Edwards vs Gunnar Nelson

    Gokhan Saki vs Saparbek Safarov

    Volkan Oezdemir vs Dominick Reyes

    Tom Breese vs Cezar Ferreira

    Jack Marshman vs John Phillips

    Claudio Silva vs Danny Roberts

    Molly McCann vs Priscila Cachoeira


    Tickets Onsale Friday 1st Feb
    Newsletter Presale Thursday 31st Jan
    Fight Club Presale Wednesday 30th Jan


    Anybody heading over to this?

    Think it's a great card for a UK fight night.

    Got return flights for 60e this morning with Aer Lingus, over on the Friday, back on the Sunday.

    Hoping to get tickets through my fight club subscription, which is thankfully still active from Liverpool last year.

    Does anyone else have an active subscription? On the upcoming presales section, mine doesn't seem to show any, its just TBD vs TBD, @TBD on TBD. Is this a problem only I'm having or is it the same for everyone? :confused::o


«13456713

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99


    I'm heading yeah. Can't wait. Took a bit of a punt paying for the flights a few weeks ago in the hope the card would be better than the last couple and thankfully it's paid off.

    Tickets will be snapped up for this instantly.

    Edit - just on your point about the fight club website, mine was the same yesterday. No code available just yet.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    dulux99 wrote: »
    I'm heading yeah. Can't wait. Took a bit of a punt paying for the flights a few weeks ago in the hope the card would be better than the last couple and thankfully it's paid off.

    Tickets will be snapped up for this instantly.

    Edit - just on your point about the fight club website, mine was the same yesterday. No code available just yet.

    Nice one man, cheers for the info.

    Has anyone been to the O2 arena for a ufc show before? Sat up in the rafters for Manchester and near the floor for Liverpool. Think I'd prefer the rafters.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99


    D.Q wrote: »
    Nice one man, cheers for the info.

    Has anyone been to the O2 arena for a ufc show before? Sat up in the rafters for Manchester and near the floor for Liverpool. Think I'd prefer the rafters.

    Yeah I was there a couple of years ago. I don't know the area very well but I found it hard to find a decent pub near there for a few jars beforehand. I'd always take the rafters personally.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah I was there a couple of years ago. I don't know the area very well but I found it hard to find a decent pub near there for a few jars beforehand. I'd always take the rafters personally.

    I was over for Metallica a year or so ago, would agree with ya on that. O2 arena is a good bit out of the centre alright. Best bet is to find somewhere more central on the same line as north Greenwich.

    Will the weigh ins be in the O2 as well I wonder


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79


    I'd love to be able to go over but it's not possible this time round unfortunately. It's a great card with the addition of the main and co-main.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99


    Anyone have any idea on fight club maximums for this fight? Sometimes it's 4, sometimes 8


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal


    dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah I was there a couple of years ago. I don't know the area very well but I found it hard to find a decent pub near there for a few jars beforehand. I'd always take the rafters personally.
    D.Q wrote: »
    I was over for Metallica a year or so ago, would agree with ya on that. O2 arena is a good bit out of the centre alright. Best bet is to find somewhere more central on the same line as north Greenwich.

    Will the weigh ins be in the O2 as well I wonder

    Best bet for a few beers would be around London Bridge/Borough Market, just a few stops away on the Jubilee line. I wouldn't rule out Stratford either - a few stops the other side of the arena, you may find cheaper accommodation around Stratford too. West Ham playing at home too if you'd be into that sort of thing!


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    Will the weigh ins be in the O2?


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭callaway92


    D.Q wrote: »
    Will the weigh ins be in the O2?

    Probably at the Indigo @ the 02


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    A bit concerned that the website change has affected the fight club presales in some way.

    All the upcoming events have been de-listed. Nothing there under upcoming presales.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D


    It’s an excellent card for a European event. I’ve been to a lot of shockers over the years so devestated I can’t make it to this one.

    Regarding a few drinks - from experience my advice would be stay as close to Victoria as possible. Have a few jars around there before the event, get the tube down and then straight back out to the Victoria area on the tube after the event. It’s far more central, you’ll find somewhere to pop into just by walking around or a cheap Uber to somewhere else, and there’s very little going on around the direct area of The 02 IMO. Victoria is also really handy for getting back to Gatwick on the train if that’s where you’re flying too, and for getting to/from The 02.

    An all-day Travelcard, which you can purchase for about £13 at the ticket desk as you go through baggage collection at Gatwick, will cover all your train and tube transport for the day.

    Also, as you walk into The 02 there’s a bar on the left hand side. It’s not cheap but if you’re there before the event you might meet a few fighters around. We’ve met and had a chat to a couple in there the last two events.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99


    Paully D wrote: »
    Also, as you walk into The 02 there’s a bar on the left hand side. It’s not cheap but if you’re there before the event you might meet a few fighters around. We’ve met and had a chat to a couple in there the last two events.

    That's one thing I remember about the O2 in London - it being particularly expensive compared to other events. I think I was paying £10 for a pint of piss water in there that time. The upside was though I've never been at an event with such small ques for drinks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    Codes are up.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p


    First timer, what's the breakdown in ticket prices?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    Haven't been released officially yet I don't think. I read earlier the vip tickets are between 600 and 2000.

    How quickly do the presale tickets tend to sell out?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭Bawnmore


    What are the best chances to get tickets without fight club access?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99


    Bawnmore wrote: »
    What are the best chances to get tickets without fight club access?

    You've no chance realistically mate. UFC London always sells out even with shocking cards, not to mention how it'll sell with the best European card in years.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭callaway92


    Bawnmore wrote: »
    What are the best chances to get tickets without fight club access?

    Fairly good from my own history there. Maybe with Till at the main it might be tougher


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭Bawnmore


    Is there any other pre-release other than fight club? Like a limited number to the to a newsletter subscribers? Or maybe to 02 customers?

    Or is it just a matter of showing up on the 1st Feb and refreshing like there's no tomorrow until some tickets show?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    Tickets :

    £50
    £70
    £90
    £110
    £140

    Upper tier, side on is what i'm looking for, any idea wheat range they'd be in?

    Also looking for 4 on the FC presale. Impossible?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99


    D.Q wrote: »

    Also looking for 4 on the FC presale. Impossible?

    Hope not , I'm looking for more than that. Any word on limits?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    dulux99 wrote: »
    Hope not , I'm looking for more than that. Any word on limits?

    Definitely read somewhere it was 4


  • Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316


    Bawnmore wrote: »
    Is there any other pre-release other than fight club? Like a limited number to the to a newsletter subscribers? Or maybe to 02 customers?

    Or is it just a matter of showing up on the 1st Feb and refreshing like there's no tomorrow until some tickets show?

    Fight club is the only way. Till is hugely popular in the UK this will snapped even faster than usual. Buy the membership and split it between ye.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99


    rob316 wrote: »
    Fight club is the only way. Till is hugely popular in the UK this will snapped even faster than usual. Buy the membership and split it between ye.

    Definitely. You've got no chance without fight club I reckon.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage


    Kinda half thinking of this. Where is a handy place to stay for the o2?


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D


    Anyone with Fight Club will get tickets, IMO. Very little chance without.

    Be logged on early as AXS, who are the ticket provider for The 02, allow you to go into a waiting queue before the tickets get released.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q


    Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone with Fight Club will get tickets, IMO. Very little chance without.

    Be logged on early as AXS, who are the ticket provider for The 02, allow you to go into a waiting queue before the tickets get released.

    The ufc have confirmed the fight club presale is through ticketmaster though


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D


    D.Q wrote: »
    The ufc have confirmed the fight club presale is through ticketmaster though

    Ah, sorry, I missed that.

    AXS was brilliant from previous experience. Log in early, into the queue, and virtually guaranteed tickets with Fight Club.

    You’ll still have no bother getting them on Ticketmaster via Fight Club mind ;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99


    D.Q wrote: »
    The ufc have confirmed the fight club presale is through ticketmaster though

    Strange, when you go onto fight club and go to the "buy presale tickets" it still sends you to axs.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316


    So do I buy through the pre-sale link on axs or go to Ticketmaster UK?


Advertisement