Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC London **16th March 2019**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Time for Till to move up. Just like James Vick against Gaethje, it’s not worth it for long term health.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Till’s head bounced like a basketball off the canvas.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

What’s up with the sound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

He absolutely bounced Till's head off the canvas. wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Look at the whip of Till's head when he got home with that left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

catrat12 wrote: »
    What’s up with the sound

They mute the bad words.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Some quality crowd reactions to that KO:

475664.jpeg

:pac:

Thats how you finish a fight. Worth watching for that fight alone. Hope Masvidal gets that bonus. He deserves every penny of it.

Whats next for Till?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Can see Funky chocking out Masvidal next and fighting for the title by end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Till just a bit overrated !
    That Cowboy fight flattered him no end!

• Advertisement

I can't believe coverage just ends so quick. I'd like to see the 3 lads do a recap for 15-20 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,836 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

not really wise to go testing your chin against masvidal and so it proved

no matter how tough you think you are masvidal is tougher
    delighted for him

diaz v masvidal would have been some craic had it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Till just a bit overrated !
    That Cowboy fight flattered him no end!

Low fight IQ rather than being overrated imo.

mailburner wrote: »
    not really wise to go testing your chin against masvidal and so it proved

no matter how tough you think you are masvidal is tougher
    delighted for him

The weird thing is, I knew Gamebred was tough but I was watching Till taking his shots and thinking "he doesnt respect his power". I really thought if anyone was gonna get knocked out it was Masvidal. Then a couple of minutes later kersplat. Incredible.

There are a few knockouts that really stick in my mind. The last one I saw that looked that spectacular was Brown vs Sanchez but this one tonight is right up there with the best. Even looking at the replays I still wince.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Anyone see Masvidal throwing slaps with Edwards backstage just then??? walked right out of the interview with ESPN and went for Edwards..madman!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Leon Edwards probably regretting calling out the winner now after seeing that!

That's a career changing KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

ASOT wrote: »
    Low fight IQ rather than being overrated imo.

Till reminds me of Cody Garbrandt in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

https://streamable.com/amhbs Gamebread aint done for the night

celticsfan wrote: »
    Anyone see Masvidal throwing slaps with Edwards backstage just then??? walked right out of the interview with ESPN and went for Edwards..madman!!!

Masvidal a madman

https://twitter.com/AdamCatterall/status/1107062592076480513?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,836 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mangobob wrote: »
    The weird thing is, I knew Gamebred was tough but I was watching Till taking his shots and thinking "he doesnt respect his power". I really thought if anyone was gonna get knocked out it was Masvidal. Then a couple of minutes later kersplat. Incredible.

few will come out on top fighting masvidal that way, took a few bombs of till in round one and took them well

he was last finished back in 2008, he was clipped but probably would
    have recovered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir8xNZ_y51w

I really hope he can put a few wins together after all the split losses and as long as he avoids a wonderboy type fighter he's capable of beating anyone

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/amhbs Gamebread aint done for the night

That's nuts. I think Edwards asks Masvidal if they will fight in July. Obviously we hear Masividal say "maybe, maybe not" Edwards says something else that can't be heard and Masvidal goes after him saying "Hey, come here and say that to my face".

I’ll hold out on judging Masvidal for that until it’s known what Edwards said to him, but there isn’t a lot you can say to a man to justify a violent reaction like that.

mailburner wrote: »
    few will come out on top fighting masvidal that way, took a few bombs of till in round one and took them well

he was last finished back in 2008, he was clipped but probably would
    have recovered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir8xNZ_y51w

I really hope he can put a few wins together after all the split losses and as long as he avoids a wonderboy type fighter he's capable of beating anyone

Jaysus that choke was horrific :eek:

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’ll hold out on judging Masvidal for that until it’s known what Edwards said to him, but there isn’t a lot you can say to a man to justify a violent reaction like that.

Masvidals no stranger to scraps outside of the octagon to be fair

Masvidal comes from a place where you can't/don't let anyone away with saying something bad about you.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Masvidal comes from a place where you can't/don't let anyone away with saying something bad about you.

Needs to change that mentality ASAP then, he’s in a foreign country, the last thing anyone needs is to be done for assault away from home.

Again, I’m not condemning what he did until I know what Edwards said to him. I’m just saying it would have to be quite extreme to justify throwing hooks at the lad.

Maybe I’m just too soft though, didn’t grow up like Masvidal or in an area remotely like his.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Masvidal is a fighter through n through, have to respect that. Edwards shouldn't shout at him during an interview if he doesnt expect anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Needs to change that mentality ASAP then,

Do you hear that Masvidal? You need to change your mentality.

Hes be raised like that from the start

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Do you hear that Masvidal? You need to change your mentality.

You conveniently left out the rest of my post. Is it because it contradicts what you said? Probably.

Advertisement