Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMA Forum Charter and "Plan" discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Is there a reason why this stopped or is nobody submitting AMA requests? I was enjoying reading some of it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Is there a reason why this stopped or is nobody submitting AMA requests? I was enjoying reading some of it tbh

I put one on ages ago. No interest in the topic perhaps but I've heard nothing since.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Sorry guys, there were a couple planned that didn't happen and I've kind of neglected it recently. It's on my list to read through the applications and line someone up for next week. Thanks for applying eviltwin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Sorry guys, there were a couple planned that didn't happen and I've kind of neglected it recently. It's on my list to read through the applications and line someone up for next week. Thanks for applying eviltwin :)

Guess whose not getting their Christmas bonus ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I applied before Christmas, obviously not a topic they think will be interesting either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I applied with no response as well. Thought mine might have been interesting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

deadline missed, any update?

Deadline? The update is I will have a look at the applications asap. It's still on my to do list - unfortunately the lsit is getting longer, not shorter! I'll do my best to get one up shortly though, I enjoy the AMAs myself :)

Deadline? The update is I will have a look at the applications asap. It's still on my to do list - unfortunately the lsit is getting longer, not shorter! I'll do my best to get one up shortly though, I enjoy the AMAs myself :)

yeah deadline, you clearly stated you'd line someone up for next week and subsequently haven't, so missed your own deadline.

How about someone involved with the current site "re-design", there's clearly A LOT of interest in it in the feedback forum. Would be interesting to actually get some answers and clarity on the whole thing.

yeah deadline, you clearly stated you'd line someone up for next week and subsequently haven't, so missed your own deadline.

How about someone involved with the current site "re-design", there's clearly A LOT of interest in it in the feedback forum. Would be interesting to actually get some answers and clarity on the whole thing.

Feedback not AMA is the place for queries about the new site design.

Will get someone up here next week all going well.

• Advertisement

Will get someone up here next week all going well.
    Thanks, unless there are active threads this forum becomes completely pointless and dead. I think it's important there is always at least 1 active on going one, otherwise what's the point?

Thanks for your input Cookie_monster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm enjoying the Animator AMA at the moment. In a similar vein to that, I would LOVE an AMA with a sound effects editor or Foley Artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Any chance of an AMA with a Social Worker or a healthcare therapist (occupational therapist etc)?

If you know anyone who does any of the jobs you'd like to hear from, please ask them to contact us/apply. Or if anyone reading this does any of the above jobs, please do apply here, we'd love to hear from you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

If you know anyone who does any of the jobs you'd like to hear from, please ask them to contact us/apply. Or if anyone reading this does any of the above jobs, please do apply here, we'd love to hear from you :)

Theirs a few people in the thread here who thought theirs would be a good one, what are they?

Is it just you saying no/not giving the go ahead or how's it working?

Their should've been an AMA link in every forum asking if someone "in the know" wanted to do one.

We haven't said no to anyone but to be quite honest a large number of the applications are/were for health-related subjects, probably because we've run a few health-related AMAs already. And while each of them have their own interesting elements, we want the AMAs to be as diverse as possible. That doesn't mean we won't get to the people who have applied a while back, we just need to spread them out among other topics.

One person's asking every single forum for someone "in the know" is another person's idea of spam so we have to be careful with that but I think an announcement of some sort might garner some new applications. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Two of my favorite AMA's were the guy in the Merchant Navy and the Irish girl who is a Hasidic Jew in Israel.

Would love to see some more AMA's about people with interesting jobs and people with diverse backgrounds be it cultural or religious.

Would it be possible to have an AMA with someone who is muslim maybe?

The latest AMA with the cartoon animator has been great!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What about a politician or somebody in politics who, anonymously will answer questions put to them!

Get the kind of honest, to the point answers that you just don't get in public mediums.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Last 2 AMAs were really interesting, great to see this forum getting back to what made it good.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Last 2 AMAs were really interesting, great to see this forum getting back to what made it good.

Eh, the insurance industry's pathetic attempt at PR was a bit of a train wreck.
    The industry seems to fail to grasp just how much the average Joe really despises the practises of insurance companies.

Doctor one was good. Likeable character.

Good to see any AMAs at this stage!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Eh, the insurance industry's pathetic attempt at PR was a bit of a train wreck.
    The industry seems to fail to grasp just how much the average Joe really despises the practises of insurance companies.

Doctor one was good. Likeable character.

Good to see any AMAs at this stage!
    I meant the army base guy, not the insurance.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Really enjoyed the AMA with the junior doctor, very interesting. Waiting patiently for next thread. :)

Really enjoyed the AMA with the junior doctor, very interesting. Waiting patiently for next thread. :)

Niamh's on holiday so we'll be waiting...
    there doesn't appear to be anyone covering her from response in feedback...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

GLaDOS wrote: »
    I meant the army base guy, not the insurance.

Oh yeah, that was very interesting, alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

They're shut down far far to quick.

They can be, for sure but someone is also giving their time to provide answers and may not want it strung out more than a week or so.

Naturally enough, we can only leave them up for as long as the person has time to answer questions.

I was indeed on annual leave Cookie_Monster so there was no AMA last week, however I am working on one or two at the moment and will hopefully have another up for you guys soon (this week or next - catching up on emails and threads after 2 weeks off is not fun).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Hi, don't know if this is the right place to put this, but is it possible to code the AMA announcement on the homepage so that it takes you to the first unread post rather than to the start of the thread every time?

Advertisement