Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMA Forum Charter and "Plan" discussion

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Probably asked and answered before, but say if someone wants to do an AMA on something, but wants to keep their identities hidden - would you allow them to create throwaway accounts in order to do the AMA.

I just think it would open up a lot of interesting discussions.

Of course, that's exactly the situation when we have someone with for example "I'm a merchant navy officer, AMA"

They won't be using the account again anywhere else on the site, just for the duration of the AMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've got Cystic Fibrosis and have had a Double Lung Transplant and would have no problem doing an AMA if you guys were interested ?

Just submitted an application there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Corvo

Someone in the Transport industry, be it Public or a Haulage business

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

gzoladz wrote:
    A garda would be interesting.
    MrWalsh wrote:
    Someone who works in animal rescue or for an animal charity.
    I've got Cystic Fibrosis and have had a Double Lung Transplant and would have no problem doing an AMA if you guys were interested ?
    I'd be quite interested in these three :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

Ghost town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

OneOfThem wrote: »
    Ghost town.

Like someone living in a ghost estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Like someone living in a ghost estate?

Is that a nudge nudge wink wink hint at the new AMA topic?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I want a thread by a professional poker player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

diomed wrote: »
    I want a thread by a professional poker player.

Think the first AMA guy here played the old Pokerooney

I'm an ex gun dog, ask me anything!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm an ex gun dog, ask me anything!

Why does a dog have a bedspread with cats? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Could we have an AMA with a Muslim, preferably an imam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

looksee wrote: »

A great idea in theory, but a train wreck in practice would be my prediction unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

looksee wrote: »

After what happened with the traveller I dont think this would work. And it would probably be much worse.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Whats the procedure once you fill in a form? I did this a week or so ago and haven't heard anything more. Is that normal or should I resend?

Hi eviltwin, I checked and we've received your application, thank you. We will contact you via the email address you provided when we are ready to schedule an AMA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just posting to say the latest AMA was excellent. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

If you think there would be interest in an eating disorder AMA I'm open to applying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

xLisaBx wrote: »
    If you think there would be interest in an eating disorder AMA I'm open to applying?

Theirs a form in the first post on page1 of this thread you have to fill in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I did that and have heard nothing back yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    AMA Epilepsy would be very interesting for me as we mostly have no idea of signs and what to do if you see the average Joe Soap having a Seizure

Maybe get someone from Epilepsy Ireland onboard

I don't know how good I'd be at answering questions but I could put my name in for this if people were interested? I also just had awake brain surgery as part of my treatment to hopefully get rid of the thing which people might be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,661 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I don't know how good I'd be at answering questions but I could put my name in for this if people were interested? I also just had awake brain surgery as part of my treatment to hopefully get rid of the thing which people might be interested in.

I'd heard of it being done before, but for some reason I never asked what the procedure was called... the term actually seems a bit obvious :o

I'd be very interested in that AMA anyway :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'd heard of it being done before, but for some reason I never asked what the procedure was called... the term actually seems a bit obvious :o

I'd be very interested in that AMA anyway :)

Well the official medical term on all my forms was awake craniotomy though I don't think that changes the important part!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

What ever happened the "We've got great energy saving Spot prizes throughout the days of the AMA." bit of the Green Energy thread.?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

What ever happened the "We've got great energy saving Spot prizes throughout the days of the AMA." bit of the Green Energy thread.?

Maybe nobody asked the right question! :rolleyes:

Maybe nobody asked the right question! :rolleyes:

They are on the way, keep an eye on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Winners have been posted here now.

The link to pm here now to claim your prize only brings me to my pm inbox. I can't pm BOI:Nicola as she can't receive pms when I try so who do I pm?

It should open a link to a new PM to the Bank of Ireland Reps account: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm&u=501903

Their profile page is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=501903 if you want to click on 'Send a private message' from there.

If that doesn't work for any reason (though it really should), you can PM me and I'll pass it along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It should open a link to a new PM to the Bank of Ireland Reps account: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm&u=501903

Their profile page is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=501903 if you want to click on 'Send a private message' from there.

If that doesn't work for any reason (though it really should), you can PM me and I'll pass it along.

First link brought me back into my pm inbox: might be a touch site glitch? Second link worked though :) thanks

Advertisement