Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Goodigal

Just ask me and I will say yes, cos I want to get to know you. You sound sad and in need of a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dear former friend
    I was there for you whenever you needed me , through all your worries and upsets I sat and listened .
    When I needed a friend you were nowhere to be seen and it hurt so badly .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

The two of you are biggest gob****es! How on earth can two mid thirty something year olds be so immature? Youre only with him because he lets you live off his money and you know why he's with you, you have no compatibility whats so ever and you treat each other like dirt. You cheat on him constantly with anyone willing, spend all his money, your father is so involved in your relationship with him it's beyond inappropriate!
    How many times are you going to break up and get back together? I am drained from listening to the drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

You really shouldnt go to this on your own, I appreciate you want to protect me, but I am your daughter and want to be there for you.. like you always are for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I love you, I always have and always will but I don’t want you to come home.

Because you’re going to disrupt my life, and dads. I’ve spent so long getting my own sh1t together, and I finally have. You have no idea how much your problem has affected my work and personal life these past few months. I can’t do this for much longer.

You need to get your sh1t together, and sort yourself out, or you’ll lose me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear X

Well it was great to bump into you a few weeks ago with your new best friend. Did you realise then that it was the 1st time you seen me face to face in 6 months?
    Thinking back over the past 12 months you were well able to call me when you needed my help or had a favour to be done. Yet when I asked you to go places or to even call to see me I got nothing but excuses.

You can find the time/money to meet your new best friend but won't make any effort to do the same for me. You can't tell me you not going out much due to covid either after that day I met you and her.

Do you remember a few years ago when your life was in a total mess and how I was their though it all. I helped you out a lot back then yet where have you been for me over the past 6 months?
    Do you know what really annoys me at this stage is your total lack of consideration for me and other people. You being lying to me for months telling me you not going out much due to covid when I found out this was not true. I also found out that you made no effort for months with another friend that I happen to know

You don't dump the freinds you had in past who were good to you and helped you through some tough times. They won't be their in the future if times get tough again.
    Unless you make some effort with me soon I won't be their when the next bad patch happens in your life.

Hello Y,
    I want to say thanks for your help today. I did not want to aks other people to help me with that. I don't want to let them know I was applying for that job.
    The truth is I can't stay here waiting for people and things to change. Certain things that happened over the past few years have proved that some people and circumstances won't change.
    I know some people will be supprised to see me their but I have to think of my own long term future. It amazing how some people think I should be their to make life easy for them in the future but refused to help me out in the past.
    I hope I get it now and if I do I won't forget your help.

No I dont want to go to your house at 2.30 in the morning, dont know what gives you the slightest impression id be even remotely interested. Stop asking me!!

What ever happened to being asked out on a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Please will the two of you stop arguing. I know you are both trying to do your best this year but I will have no hair left if this keeps up:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You said that you knew you would find me again one day and I remember smiling to myself and thinking 'I used to believe things like that when I was young, too". Now i'd give anything for you to be right. I hope you were able to stay so full of optimism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Nobody knows you're buried in the backyard and the cops have stopped asking questions. What was it you said? "You'll never get away with this!"

Look who was wrong again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    Nobody knows you're buried in the backyard and the cops have stopped asking questions. What was it you said? "You'll never get away with this!"

Look who was wrong again.
    Mod

Check the tone of the thread before posting

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Hi V,
    You told me what's been happening in your life over the past few years. You will talk about certain things but won't mention others.
    I feel that your telling me what you think I want to hear. I know you want to keep me happy for a few reasons. Its easy to tell me you will do X but I have yet to see this happen.
    I think you should know at this stage I am getting unhappy with our current situation. I have decided that you have till ¿????¿??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

some days that never mind ill find someone like you makes sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Thank you for this, it means so much.. I miss you everyday

I really miss you. It feels unfair to not be able to spend some more time with you as I'd really love that right now..

Ive a bit of a crush on you, really want you to ask me out for a socially distanced coffee or pint. You have no idea id even be thinking something like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MrsDavis

C,

Just f**k off. I’m scared of the outcome and you just don’t give a rats ass.

I deserve happiness, I deserve a break.

L~

Nobody set out to go against you and fall out with you. You are constantly living in the past and so much of it has no bearing or prevalence in the here and now. You were no angel yourself and don't kid yourself. You did a lot and harmed and hurt us too. Can you not see our door is closed on you. We are hurt too so don't kid yourself please. You did so much, the book should be thrown at you.

I can't speak for the others but I hope you are really doing well. I hope you are keeping well, warm and safe. I really mean that. Our is closed now but hopefully not forever. Hopefully there might come a time in the future where we can put everything behind us. I really hope you are keeping well and safe. I can't deal with your dram, insults and sh1t. Xxx I miss you so much and I hope you are planning a good Christmas for yourself.

From Me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Dear Earth / God / Power-lings that be; -

Please please re-surface most recent mislaid item.:confused::eek::o:rolleyes: Desperately need it!:mad::(

Kindest of kind regards,
    Moi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Would have loved if u had asked me to go with you!

farewell my friend, yet again.. what is with far away countries that attracts you so much.. you returned previously but will it be the case this time?
    i wish you find happiness you are looking for but why part of me thinks you will be back.. some time in the future, few years or few decades..
    anyway, id just love to hug you again.. i hope we meet soon.. one way or the other..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

Dear F,

... I’m no longer angry, F, after wading selflessly through your wake of destruction...

Eleven/eleven; another year and another birthday; gone but not forgotten; gone and certainly not forgiven.

Happy birthday.

Why are you expecting things to be different this time? You have gone around in the same circle for almost 20 years. You get back together, things go well for a couple of months, he tries to please you in every way he can, jumps when you say jump, hands you his bank card, does everything you say, takes you on date nights, works 40 hour weeks so you can live like a princess, no intention of ever getting a job or supporting yourself. He's 'allowed' meet a friend for coffee on his days off or after work.
    Then none of it's good enough so you push for more, expect him to change who he is, what he does, how he speaks, control his money, dont let him spend anything on himself while you spend his wages and your dole on clothes, the gym, your hair, your big fancy car, takeaways, lunch 3 -5 times a week, you even buy your breakfast every morning. He spends 5 euro on himself, with his own wages and you berate him for spending money that according to you he 'cant afford to spend'.. maybe stop spending all of his wages and he might have a bit left over to treat himself once in a while? Then you crack down on him meeting his friends, his days off should be spent with you..
    He gets frustrated and depressed, gets angry, despondent, stops trying to jump through hoops to please you as he realises (again) that it doesnt matter how hard he tries, he will only be good enough for you as long he's a lap dog and a little servant for you to control but then he's not 'man enough' for you so he cant win.
    Then the arguments start, you threaten him that you'll leave, you get your father involved to straighten him out, you cheat on him with anyone, even when things are good youre texting other men,
    Things turn toxic you start fighting, verbally and physically attacking each other this goes on for months, you break up, wash, rinse and repeat.

I cant listen to it anymore, youre not teenagers youre both mid thirty year old adults! Grow up!

Need to get this out here as if I dont, I will lose a friend expressing my thoughts the next time it's brought up as all our conversations now revolve around her relationship.

Hi Z,
    So we are back to the same thing as before. The truth is you contacted me early this year after a few years of no contact. Then it became clear why you were keen to contact me.
    You wanted me to know how great your life was going and all that you were achiving when meanwhile my life is less than wonderful.
    Then you started sextexting me despite your current situation.

During the lockdown a few months ago we were reguarly chatting and sextexting. You have been saying to me for months that we would meet up. I know you were telling me this to keep me happy and to have me available for the sextexts when you feel like it.

A few weeks ago something changed in your life. I knew you were going to by busy with this. You know my situation at the moment but I am not even worthy of message on fb pm asking me how I am. Do you honestly think that once this lockdown is over that I am going to get into a freinds with benefits situation with you?

I have decided that this is not going to happen and the sextexts are coming to an end also. I am sorry if your life is not working out the way you planned but that your fault not mine. D'ont worry I won't cause you any trouble now or in the future as long as your fair with me. You did what you did in the past and the truth is you unwilling and unable to change. I am no longer willing to be their for someone who can't be their for me.
    I have to think of myself and my future.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

M ...because of you.

Dear Q,

I hope what you did a few years ago was worth it.

The truth is your partner wants to cheat on you. The lady he was planning to do this with has become aware of you and she won't get involved with him.

The truth is he has been using you for years. You need to read up on your legal rights in your current situation. I think once you do this you do this you will realise just what kind of position you could be left in. It's up to you what you decide to do then. At least after doing this you can make plans to ensure your long term future.
    If you continue as you are and if any bad was to happen to him you will be in a far worse position than you expect now. It will be to late to change things then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I miss you, I miss you, I miss you

I don't know why it's you I miss so much . I'd give anything to know that you're alive and all is well in your world. I miss you and it hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

P, why do you pick up EVERYTHING I say the wrong way?
    I feel like I can't open up to you atall because you always attack me. And you can't warm to me because I don't open up to you. It has created a viscious circle!

D, get your head out of your arse. Get down off of your high horse. You are not better than anyone. You got this promotion because there was literally nobody else who could take it. If you are so 'academic' try not using the same 4 'intellectual' words over and over and learn some new ones.

T, you are a genuinely lovely person and I'm glad I met you. Im glad you're in my life even if it is sporadically.

S,...I just don't know what to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Dear Y

We are back to almost the same situation as before. I know you think that I am going to get into a freinds with benefit situation with you.
    You picked her over me and we both know what happened then. I don't think your all that happy in your current situation so perhaps I am going to be their for some no strings sex and to improve you ego.
    Or are you hoping if you and her split up that I am going to be their waiting for you?

I am not willing to get involved with you now and its for a number of reasons. You let me down to many times in the past and I have no interest in being your bit on the side. I can't wait to tell you that a fwb thing is not going to happen and all the reasons why. I know your not going to be to happy.
    You have no one to blame but yourself for your current situation.

Advertisement