Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber Heard admits to beating up Johnny Depp

Options

Comments

You can't mix crazy with crazy and expect anything positive to come from it.They both have ruined any career prospects by airing their dirty laundry to the public,just to make a point.

Dunno. I can understand Jepp wanting his name to be cleared. That's not something you want hanging over you for the rest of your life in the US, especially as a celeb. Jepp will continue to get acting roles outside of Hollywood. He's still got a marvelous career behind him to draw upon.

It's the people that go through life, knowing they they are different, but not knowing why they're different.....

That seems to be most people I know. :D

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    dichotomous thinking is common with disorders such as bpd and autism

In that case the majority of Boards users have either or both of the above :D

I know a number of people who have BPD and their dichotomous thinking only occurs in relation to others. They tend to see people as being "all good" or "all bad". This is known as Splitting. However it doesn't necessarily extend beyond how they feel towards others. The core struggle of BPD is relationship with self and others.

For example a black and white thought would be "people who travelled beyond the Covid restriction of 20km were bad". One of my closest friends has BPD and she is the owner of a very nuanced mind set and the ability to see and understand many different experiences and emotions. Just like a "regular" person.
    Which of course she is.

Black and white thinking of the kind I gave in my example is the one trait I find extremely difficult to tolerate in another person. Also projection but that's for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

I'm not getting the link of people who became celebrities an then couldn't handle the stress that goes with it.To now labeling them on some spectrum?Whereas it could be down to they thought too highly of themselves and just lost their ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I'm not getting the link of people who became celebrities an then couldn't handle the stress that goes with it.To now labeling them on some spectrum?Whereas it could be down to they thought too highly of themselves and just lost their ****e.

Indeed. It’s much more likely a case of it being hard for anyone to keep their feet on the ground when they are constantly surrounded by yes men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Wibbs wrote: »
    and absolutely everyone was apparently in the closet as well. OK Leo DaVinci was, though not so much in the closet for his time. Though his private writings reveal he thought nookie of any sort was tremendously icky and that if there weren't beautiful faces the human race would die out. :D

We quite simply can't state that. Newton certainly seemed to be, with a large helping of major eccentricity. Tesla another, but many? It's more to do with a) our perception in media of the genius, the mad scientist and b) a recent focus on the autism spectrum itself. We have the label let's apply it. If all you have is a hammer, then everything starts to look like a nail principle.

We see similar with artists. They must be "tortured" in some way. Vinnie VanGogh was the ground zero and influence for that. Problem is being a painter/artist was as much a trade as an "art" when before photography it was the only medium to reflect the world around us visually. The vast majority of now famous artists were happy out solid middle class bourgeois types. Precious few tortured geniuses. Indeed until the 20th century Van Gogh was the outlier.

Vinny. Leo.
    I love how Wibbs is on first name terms with the greats.
    😀

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I do find it most peculiar the sheer number of photos taken of Depp while he is "asleep". What type of wife does that? Seems rather calculated.

She seems to have an extensive collection of photographs of him from when he was most vulnerable. Taking pics of someone passed out, who does that unless you’re completely vindictive and conniving and plan on using them against them eventually.

The latest picture of him shows him passed out with a tub of ice cream melted all over him. What is the point of such a photo, what does it prove? That he’s a wife beater? It does not. That he’s a drunken mess? Yes, but he has never pretended not to be. These photos say more about her and the type of person she is than him, I think. This whole sad sorry affair just makes me glad I’m a complete nobody. Two absolute feckin ejits the pair of them.

I have no doubt there are folks on the spectrum in the arts, Anthony Hopkins one good example, but "common enough" I'd have doubts about.

Too often and like other conditions there is a lot of backward remote "diagnosis" of the spectrum with artists of the past looking for diagnostic criteria of the condition and only that condition as a reason for creativity or personality types, but that's extremely unscientific and complete conjecture with a large side order of confirmation bias, objectivity bedamned.

Interesting you think Tony 😆 Hopkins is on the spectrum.
    A brilliant actor.

But I would never have thought that myself although since you mentioned him, I've thought twice about it.
    Can I ask why you think he is. I'm not saying you're wrong, far from it, but I'm curious as why you think he is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Vinny. Leo.
    I love how Wibbs is on first name terms with the greats.
    ��
    Leo was a grand man for the wine and the craic, Vinnie too, but always broke and usually went off on one at some time in the evening. Needed a bath too.
    Interesting you think Tony �� Hopkins is on the spectrum.
    A brilliant actor.

But I would never have thought that myself although since you mentioned him, I've thought twice about it.
    Can I ask why you think he is. I'm not saying you're wrong, far from it, but I'm curious as why you think he is.
    He's been diagnosed a while back. He's mentioned it in interviews.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Not particularly. It's far more common in the sciences. It's been unhelpfully called "nerd" or "geek" syndrome because of it. Go into a room full of computer programmers and you'll find way more than background levels of folks on the spectrum, walk into a room full of painters not nearly so much.

I dunno, while I think the pairing was a disaster(up and coming(ish) starlet and middle aged midlife crisis very successful star) Depp comes across as someone still living out a rebel adolescence fantasy in lieu of personal growth with the money to be allowed do that and some aspects of fandom that expect him to do so. None of his previous partners, most of whom were long termers have said he was aggressive towards them, quite the opposite actually. They've been lining up to defend him on that score. Even his ex wife and mother of his kids of many years he dumped for the Younger Model™. And it's not exactly as if he's still flavour of the month in Hollyweird at the moment.

Heard on the other hand apparently has had previous as far as aggression with partners goes and has even been arrested for it and she has admitted she thumped him, even laughed at him over it.

There's definitely a pair of them in it and by god he listened to his little head hoping to recapture lost youth or whatever, but she appears to be the more dodgy overall. At least with him. Maybe she would be grand with another and they just rubbed each other up. I've seen that myself with some couples over the years. Otherwise fine people, but a bad mix.

This sounds like a good summing up of the two of them.

Depp, self-destructive, bit of a lost soul, all told, immature, still acts and thinks he's in his twenties probably, identity issues, abused by women when he was younger IIRC and heavily involved in every drug going from a young age.

But he's honest about it.

Heard, from any public appearance I've seen of the two of them, comes across as insanely controlling. I saw the pair of them at some award ceremony, her dressed in a strange manly shirt and tie getup, almost shoving him around with him looking a bit lost.

As you say, she has previous history. He doesn't seem to have previous history..

• Advertisement

I think the 'medicalisation' of human behaviour is merely a transient phase between scientific revolutions, and where we seem to be going, which is a biological or genetic deterministic view of human behaviour.

If you go back to the 16th century, we ascribed aberrant human behaviours to superstition and the paranormal. Epilepsy was the work of the devil. Even in the early 20th century, in the minds of well-respected charlatans, cancer was associated with depression, and excitement with tuberculosis.

We're now coming out of the Diagnostic Revolution, a century or so where anatomy has become sophisticated, and clinicians are able to peer inside the body using X-rays and endoscopy and MRI; and even look further, to the level of the cell and cell metabolism.

All this new information has led to an explosion in textbooks on classification of disease, which are updated and enlarged with alarming regularity. The bible of psychiatry, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, is on its 5th volume and has apparently altered dramatically, like a series of metamorphoses.

Clinicians have all of this new information, and every small statistical abberation gets archived into tighter brackets of classification.

But nature doesn't have any straight lines, we learned that when we were learning to draw in primary school. It doesn't operate within strict boundaries. I think the more we learn about our biology by going down further into the the most fundamental building blocks of our bodies, using electronmicroscopes and with genetic research, we'll find fundamental differences between individuals which can explain even the smallest vagaries in personality tendencies. There is also an implication here that we are not masters of our biology/ genes, but lets gloss over that uncomfortable thought.

When this biological breakthrough happens, and it's only a matter of time, I think the medicalisation of the personality-difference will end. Hopefully, we will accept one another as living along a spectrum of traits. We will be divided into smaller and smaller categories until there's no point in categorising one another any more.

There already are some psychiatrists who adapt this approach, but I don't think the research exists yet to allow them to be rid of the box-ticking, points-adding exercises that usually leads to a psychiatric diagnosis.

The first time I came across some of those DSM diagnoses on mental illnesses, I couldn't believe it. They were basically just surveys, where if you answered mostly 'B's or 'C's' you were given a diagnosis of D. It's not exactly that, but that's the gyst. That's not what medicine is going to look like in the future, I'm sure of it. People will look back on that as being totally rudimentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Are we just skipping over the part where Depp refers to them physically assaulting one another?

I don't know, it just feels like aspects of the thread are some kind of backlash against the attention that is given to domestic violence against women. It's probably fair to say the coverage is often unbalanced, but I don't think the tapes (or the testimony at the trial) absolves Depp of using violence (or of being a bit of a nutter, not that that's a crime).

I may have missed something, from what I've seen any time there's been any allegations of him being physically abusive, he either claims it didn't happen or it was in self defence.

Have a listen to this audio of them fighting (apparently recorded by Amber Heard). It may sound very familiar to anyone who's ever been in an abusive relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

In that case the majority of Boards users have either or both of the above :D

I know a number of people who have BPD and their dichotomous thinking only occurs in relation to others. They tend to see people as being "all good" or "all bad". This is known as Splitting. However it doesn't necessarily extend beyond how they feel towards others. The core struggle of BPD is relationship with self and others.

For example a black and white thought would be "people who travelled beyond the Covid restriction of 20km were bad". One of my closest friends has BPD and she is the owner of a very nuanced mind set and the ability to see and understand many different experiences and emotions. Just like a "regular" person.
    Which of course she is.

Black and white thinking of the kind I gave in my example is the one trait I find extremely difficult to tolerate in another person. Also projection but that's for another day.

not only to people with bpd have to deal with the above, one of their main core issues is the 'fear of abandonment', this can cause them to act extremely erratically, angrily, irrationally, impulsively etc etc. most bpd's would say this is their biggest problem overall. i follow a bpd on youtube, she has jumped on top of past partners to try prevent them from leaving, even when they were just leaving the house for work or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

You'd have to question what the norm is, when I see so many people sitting in stern judgement of a couple's break-up. If either was your friend, you'd happily blame the other.
    How complex are we when it is so easy to predict opinions on these types of topics.

Standman wrote: »
    I may have missed something, from what I've seen any time there's been any allegations of him being physically abusive, he either claims it didn't happen or it was in self defence.
    The newspaper article in the OP records him as saying "'I left last night. Honestly, I swear to you because I just couldn't take the idea of more physicality, more physical abuse on each other,", and "we are a fucking crime scene right now"; there is evidence of injuries to both Depp and Heard.

There was clearly a pair of them assaulting one another. I don't think it's healthy to pick sides when there are two perpetrators of domestic abuse, but obviously Johnny Depp is someone most of us admire; and Heard has acted very manipulatively. It's complicated.

There's a JusticeForJohnnyDepp hashtag, which is a bit misplaced, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the leaks have been very strategic, which itself is manipulating the narrative. Somebody wanted to get a tactical upper-hand, these things don't just happen accidentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

They both sound as bad as each other.

But I think all the photos and recordings flying around it definitely was not a healthy relationship- who does that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

With the seemingly gargantuan quantities of drink and drugs both seem to have been imbibing I'm more surprised one of them didn't end up seriously injured or worse. As Depp's hero Hunter S Thompson* once remarked, you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug. Depp in particular I mean how the hell is he still alive and above ground with that volume of drink and drugs? Maybe she did as she claims at one point try to save something of him by taking and showing him the pictures of him looking like a drop dead wasted saddo. You would think that might have roused him to WTF. Though maybe it enabled him too? Maybe that was one reason he left the wife, she would have nipped it in the bud, but Heard was a way back to his more blasted off his head days? Lifestyles of the Rich and Thick.

*fantastic writer at times, but otherwise always came across as a bit of a blowhard to me, especially as his lifestyle rotted his brain, ending with him blowing the same brains out.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

You'd have to question what the norm is, when I see so many people sitting in stern judgement of a couple's break-up. If either was your friend, you'd happily blame the other.
    True S, at least when I was younger that would be my default position alright. Down the years I've learned that in cases like this and break ups in general, including my own too, that it's almost never one person's "fault". It's nearly always both at fault, it's just the percentage of blame towards one or the other that shifts. I'd even say in most cases, or a lot of them it's about 50/50. But when that blame game kicks off and others support or oppose the parties involved that can be very hard to see and all bets are off.

Sometimes even starting the relationship can be the trigger for crap that follows. What might have worked as a fling can be a disaster as a more long term thing(and vice versa). So say if in this case Depp had a fling on set with her and went back to the wife this wouldn't have kicked off, they might have fond memories of it, he'd have gotten the midlife crisis out of his system and he'd be still hamming it up in yet another writing by numbers Pirates flic and her career and life would likely be better too.

With the seemingly gargantuan quantities of drink and drugs both seem to have been imbibing I'm more surprised one of them didn't end up seriously injured or worse. As Depp's hero Hunter S Thompson* once remarked, you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug. Depp in particular I mean how the hell is he still alive and above ground with that volume of drink and drugs?
    Like watching a slow-burning Amy Winehouse. Perhaps it's because two of his main drugs of choice seem to be MDMA and wine, not heroin and vodka.

I wonder to what extent Depp even takes his inspiration from Hunter S Thompson, or is it just a means of justifying it? And was counterculture just Thompson's means of justifying a way of living out his carnal desires? There's no real big idea behind any of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

The same Connery who thought giving his wife a slap was ok.
    Ignorant post. And to those who thanked it...WTF

Exactly, the bould Sean would have put a stop to her nonsense :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Tork

I wonder to what extent Depp even takes his inspiration from Hunter S Thompson, or is it just a means of justifying it? And was counterculture just Thompson's means of justifying a way of living out his carnal desires? There's no real big idea behind any of it.

I think it's the latter. That, and associating himself with figures such as Keith Richards and Shane MacGowan. On the one hand it's contrived and on the other it's vehicle to continue living in that way .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

The newspaper article in the OP records him as saying "'I left last night. Honestly, I swear to you because I just couldn't take the idea of more physicality, more physical abuse on each other,", and "we are a fucking crime scene right now"; there is evidence of injuries to both Depp and Heard.

There was clearly a pair of them assaulting one another. I don't think it's healthy to pick sides when there are two perpetrators of domestic abuse, but obviously Johnny Depp is someone most of us admire; and Heard has acted very manipulatively. It's complicated.

There's a JusticeForJohnnyDepp hashtag, which is a bit misplaced, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the leaks have been very strategic, which itself is manipulating the narrative. Somebody wanted to get a tactical upper-hand, these things don't just happen accidentally.

Did you listen to the audio where he said that? He says it after enduring a couple of minutes of Heard shouting at him, calling him a baby for complaining about being hit, and mocking him for walking away when she starts physical fights. You can almost hear him throw in the towel at the end, he sounds defeated. IMO he just wanted to end the argument and just said what he thought would appease her in that moment.

Again, anyone who's ever been around an abusive/emotionally manipulative person will find this all very familiar. The relentless barrage, the muddying of the waters, the insults and accusations - it wears a person down until they barely know which way is up, and they'll eventually say pretty much anything just to have some peace.

For the record, I'm not a particular fan of Johnny Depp, any "side" I'm taking is based solely on what I've seen and heard about the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Heard turning up at the case every day raised my eyebrow. I mean, maybe she needs to testify at some point, I don’t know but this is a case Depp is taking against another party, not her. I think it’s indicative of controlling, spiteful behaviour. Just my opinion, could be totally wrong. Maybe she needs to be there every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Heard turning up at the case every day raised my eyebrow. I mean, maybe she needs to testify at some point, I don’t know but this is a case Depp is taking against another party, not her. I think it’s indicative of controlling, spiteful behaviour. Just my opinion, could be totally wrong. Maybe she needs to be there every day.

She took pictures of the man she was abusing while he was seemingly asleep/passed out in a very unnatural position and those pictures have been circulating across the world... This woman is a dangerous individual it is a sign of the times that she has benefited so much from her association with Depp and has been rewarded since this element of their relationship has become public.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

How the fcuk will either of them have a career after this court case?

Like watching a slow-burning Amy Winehouse. Perhaps it's because two of his main drugs of choice seem to be MDMA and wine, not heroin and vodka.

That's precisely it. On heroine alone you're walking the plank, when you add drink and other drugs to it, you may as well pick out your headstone.

I think Hunter just used drink and drugs as a means of living and getting through life. According to his friend Ralph Steadman -

"He told me 25 years ago that he would feel real trapped if he didn't know that he could commit suicide at any moment. I don't know if that is brave or stupid or what, but it was inevitable."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭seenitall

Maybe that was one reason he left the wife, she would have nipped it in the bud, but Heard was a way back to his more blasted off his head days.

He never married Paradis. Out of Fenn, Gray, Ryder, Moss or Paradis (4 of whom are/were drop dead stunners, but he was quite the looker himself in those days), the only one he married was Heard, heh. That's why I do a double take every time you write "the wife".

I have a theory that, due to his arrested development induced by fame, drugs and rock'n'roll lifestyle, he was never really the marrying kind. The way he spoke of Paradis in court, as "the French ex-albatross" speaks volumes of his state of mind, if not his character. That's the mother of his children, and someone who has been a source of friendly support throughout. (I'm somewhat of a Paradis fan, I like her work a lot, and she seems like a woman with integrity and kindness, although I accept this is just a view from afar, of course, so who knows how accurate exactly).

I think the reason he married the midlife crisis girl was because he was spiralling downwards and looking to be saved, which is, as we can suppose, one of the best reasons to be married for a confirmed bachelor (/s). It's so obvious, he became needy after Paradis got fed up with his shenanigans, and latched on to the next one hoping to tie her down and get the same support he would have got from someone like Paradis or any of his other, sane exes. But he picked a thoroughly wrong'un this time, and it all ended in bloodshed and tears. The end.

The man has some serious mental health issues, and he should address them with some serious effort. Although I can't see him doing that. I'm surprised he's still with us as well, and don't think he's going anywhere good any time soon.

As for Heard, yuck. It's not worth my energy to elaborate further.

seenitall wrote: »
    He never married Paradis. Out of Fenn, Gray, Ryder, Moss or Paradis (4 of whom are/were drop dead stunners, but he was quite the looker himself in those days), the only one he married was Heard, heh. That's why I do a double take every time you write "the wife".
    :D true dat S. I suppose I tend to think of someone together for 15 years or whatever and the mother of your kids as the "wife" in all but name.

That he only married Heard could be for the reason you mention, plus it could also be a Hail Mary attempt to "lock her down" because of the age gap and his self confidence or lack thereof. He figured he couldn't keep it "casual" with her, or it was risky. I of course don't know, but I'd bet the farm that in the early days she was either keeping it casual, an on set flingette, or actively saying "this won't work" and flashing the engagement ring was his answer. I've seen that kinda thing before.
    The way he spoke of Paradis in court, as "the French ex-albatross" speaks volumes of his state of mind, if not his character. That's the mother of his children, and someone who has been a source of friendly support throughout. (I'm somewhat of a Paradis fan, I like her work a lot, and she seems like a woman with integrity and kindness, although I accept this is just a view from afar, of course, so who knows how accurate exactly).
    She seems sound alright and stuck around with him for long enough, especially for the celeb types. The majority of whom tend to chop and change with high speed. Mainly because it's easier for them to do so, or there are more temptations, especially for the men. Some middle aged manboy worth many many millions in the public eye, especially if he's halfway OK looking won't be short of offers. If he's not the sharpest axe in the shed even more so. I mean this is a guy who didn't know he had 600 million dollars, never mind that he lost it. Somebody obliviously haemorrhaging cash like that is going to have a long line of people around the block with bowls out to catch some.
    The man has some serious mental health issues, and he should address them with some serious effort. Although I can't see him doing that.
    Unlikely alright. Worse when they're surrounded by yes men and women and a host of hangers on including family who are keen to keep the image going that keeps the tills running. I remember reading an interview with John Lennon about Elvis and his decline and Lennon noting that Elvis was screwed because he was alone, whereas in Lennon's case he might go off the rails or start to, but there were three other guys revolving in the exact same rarified madness who would and could tell him to cop the fcuk on. And regularly did. He couldn't come back with "who do you think you are telling me what to do?"

Depp doesn't have that. People like him have a large hierarchy beneath them of vested interests that don't want to upset their gravy train. his only hope are genuine friends maybe even in the business itself who want to bring him back in from the cold and try to help him. Robert Downey Jnr went completely off piste for a time, but came back, much of it because of the above. Downey is a more astute and self aware guy mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭seenitall

That he only married Heard could be for the reason you mention, plus it could also be a Hail Mary attempt to "lock her down" because of the age gap and his self confidence or lack thereof. He figured he couldn't keep it "casual" with her, or it was risky. I of course don't know, but I'd bet the farm that in the early days she was either keeping it casual, an on set flingette, or actively saying "this won't work" and flashing the engagement ring was his answer. I've seen that kinda thing before.

Yes, agreed - that's the overall idea I was going for, you put it more eloquently. When the insecurity (about status, age, looks) rises, so does the "lock her down" momentum of neediness. That's why I mention him trying to be "saved" by her. A classic case of signing away the responsibility for own peace of mind and happiness to another. It was a very bad choice in all aspects of it.

I agree about the hanger on aspect as well. It's lonely at the top, as they say! No one there to ground him, and he doesn't seem capable of addressing his stuff.

(Respect for the achievement of recovery, but I have to say that RDJ gives me the creeps for some reason. It's probably that Hollyweird fakeness that abounds there. There is just a kind of a cold vibe about that guy.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Dave0301

British feminists including Cherie Blair and Jess Phillips rally behind Amber Heard amid Johnny Depp's bombshell 'wife-beater' libel trial

It is the Daily Mail (sorry :o)
    Labour MP and Shadow Minister for Domestic Violence and Safeguarding Jess Phillips has also spoken to Heard.

'When I spoke to [Heard] about violence against women policies and the UN, I didn't know how she is remaining so calm and strong,' she said. 'She seemed incredibly together.'

Ms Phillips added she is worried the trial has focused so much on Heard, who is 'not even party to the proceedings'. She claimed some of the analysis of Heard's character was 'dangerous' and 'irrelevant to the facts of the case'.

Depp is suing News Group Newspapers, the parent company of the Sun, for libel over a 2018 article which labelled him a 'wife-beater.'

'It is very problematic because this is not a trial [Heard] is party to, she is a witness,' Ms Phillips added.

This kind of thing is such a double standard. Just absolutely ignores all the allegations against Heard and presents her as the victim, despite there being a growing consensus that she was more than happy to abuse away herself. Like many, I think it took two to tango in this case, but if Depp is going to be labeled a wife beater due to her accusations, then she can own a similar tag given the current proceedings.

Advertisement