Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

NATLOR wrote: »
    That doesnt look right my balance started at 8000 have you checked your account make sure you are on the right bundle?

BTW they cant charge you if you have no credit,the service just wont work

I'm on the Ireland plus bundle so not sure. Problem is I topped up by an extra tender so don't want to start getting charged

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Whats the general speedtest from three mobile these days?. The network is Three isnt it?.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

bk wrote: »
    Why not just move fully over to Lyca, Lycas deals look much better value then 48?

I think that's exactly what I'll do.

Once I add the 20% discount, does that give me 20% off the first month, or di I get 20% off every month, so will I be paying €12 every month now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Zardoz wrote: »

So you get a US number linked to your Irish number is it ?

Yes, and you can request it without going to US in 'Lycamobile local' section of your web account. This is nicer that just redirection, as you can also receive SMS on this number.
    doxy wrote: »
    Do I have to pay to keep it? How much does it cost to call other US numbers from that number? Trying to find information on their website is a pain in the ass.

I paid 5 euro for that, you have to tick renewal in 'Lycamobile local' section of your account. This number will keep working everywhere where Lyca sim is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

justback83 wrote: »
    Can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere!! I'm moving to Germany in a couple of weeks and want a prepaid service until I build up enough of a credit rating to get a contrat.

Can I use the minutes and texts to call home AND the countries on the list??

Anyone?!!

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »
    Can someone confirm that unlimited national calls includes calls to mobile of any network and not just landline and lycamobile numbers. Cheers

Anyone got a written confirmation of above or can point me to where it confirms mobile calls to any network are part of free alloeance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Anyone got a written confirmation of above or can point me to where it confirms mobile calls to any network are part of free alloeance

On the bundle page towards the bottom of the page is the Terms & Conditions link.

Allowance:
    Your inclusive allowance can be used to make:
    calls to standard Ireland landlines;
    calls to standard Ireland mobile numbers;
    Text message to standard Ireland mobile numbers;
    Mobile data usage in Ireland.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

In addition to what biebiebie wrote above, I can confirm it from actually using it.

Lots of calls to various Irish mobile networks, each call is free and simply reducing from the 8,000 minutes FUP on the account page.

Also the calls have to be free as I've zero credit on the phone beyond the bundle, yet I still have no issues making calls and texts to any mobile and standard landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Once I add the 20% discount, does that give me 20% off the first month, or di I get 20% off every month, so will I be paying €12 every month now?

I am assuming it's every month will be €12 then. am i right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

it was assumed a few pages back that it would only apply to the initial bundle purchase. You are essentially buying a 30 day bundle each time as opposed to being stuck in a contract. However you could get the 10% existing customer reduction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I am assuming it's every month will be €12 then. am i right?

No. I think you are wrong:D. When you top-up, you will do so as an existing customer and therefore only eligible for Lyca10 discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Hows the data service now, when I tried them 2 years ago it was like gprs transmission rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

In addition to what biebiebie wrote above, I can confirm it from actually using it.

Lots of calls to various Irish mobile networks, each call is free and simply reducing from the 8,000 minutes FUP on the account page.

Also the calls have to be free as I've zero credit on the phone beyond the bundle, yet I still have no issues making calls and texts to any mobile and standard landline.

I'm using it too and can also confirm all Irish mobile/landline calls/texts are free within the FUP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

The discount is a once off.

What is coverage and data speeds like? Better than 3?

They charged the €12 upfront at checkout. I'm assuming 30 days doesn't start til we get and activate our SIMs?

Just signed up myself & the parents. Eir overcharged us by a huge amount after only being with them a month so fcuk them.

The old o2 network, same as Tesco Mobile, 48 Months, etc.

o2 is now owned by Three and they are consolidating the networks, but they still aren't using the entire Three network, nor do they have 4G, same with the other MVNO's

I'll do a speed test later, but I wouldn't expect anything spectacular, probably the same as Tesco. Grand for basic surfing, but I wouldn't do a massive amounts of HD video or try and use it as a replacement for home broadband.

Hi can you do a speedtest?

I'm getting 9 download and 2.5 up,

I'm getting 9 download and 2.5 up,

Not bad. Thank you!

How are you finding coverage in general? Interested to find out.. especially in more rural areas.

Not bad. Thank you!

How are you finding coverage in general? Interested to find out.. especially in more rural areas.

Its great so far but i only have it two days and haven't used it anywhere else yet. I'll be travelling a bit at the weekend so will have a better idea then.

Its great so far but i only have it two days and haven't used it anywhere else yet. I'll be travelling a bit at the weekend so will have a better idea then.

Great, thanks!

• Advertisement

Edge reception where I live with these. Fairly atrocious results. Latest one now is 0.11mbs down and 0.05 upload.

In town today this was the result which is more than satisfactory for the browsing on phone I would need it for.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1988883256

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Edge reception where I live with these. Fairly atrocious results. Latest one now is 0.11mbs down and 0.05 upload.

In town today this was the result which is more than satisfactory for the browsing on phone I would need it for.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1988883256

Why are you using London as your server if you are in ireland.

homingbird wrote: »

Never realised that it was London. I have GPS turned off on my phone. Seems strange that it chose london though as generally uses Dublin as standard with all other tests

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Anyone know of a way to create a hotspot with this? I'm with 48 at the moment and use the hotspot occasionally on a tablet. Is there any way to this with Lycamobile? You can pm me if you don't want to post it!!

homingbird wrote: »

Because all Lyca traffic exits in UK, hence you can use it to watch content restricted to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Is there a way to get this to auto-renew like a rolling 30 day contract or do you have to go in and buy each time? Also anyone found if they block tethering? Need to use it for work occasionally and don't want to have no tethering or to find out I've gone past the 30 days and need to top up.

Also a migrating Tesco Mobile customer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

hots wrote: »
    Is there a way to get this to auto-renew like a rolling 30 day contract or do you have to go in and buy each time? Also anyone found if they block tethering? Need to use it for work occasionally and don't want to have no tethering or to find out I've gone past the 30 days and need to top up.

Also a migrating Tesco Mobile customer here.

After literally seconds of looking it looks like it autorenews which is great. No joy finding out about tethering though...

Tethering is blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I ordered the sim last night, how long does it take?

Can anyone confirm the correct procedure: Do I receive sim (with bundle paid) and port number, then put into phone and activate?

I remember with some networks that you must port before you activate/buy a bundle as it resets the 30 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

TheDriver wrote: »
    I ordered the sim last night, how long does it take?

Can anyone confirm the correct procedure: Do I receive sim (with bundle paid) and port number, then put into phone and activate?

I remember with some networks that you must port before you activate/buy a bundle as it resets the 30 days.

AFAIK you register the sim online with Lyca and then use to your hearts content. Or you can do it via your phone:
    "To Top-up / Activate your Plan, please insert the SIM into your phone and dial *116*PIN NUMBER#"

I don't know how long delivery takes. I ordered last Sunday night, got the confirmation email, but no sim yet:mad:

Advertisement