Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking at GLAS info

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

if it,s anything like aeos,they will be making it up for years too come,sneaky like changes here and there contradicting things that they had previously stated in terms and conditions.anything in it about afew pound too cut hooring ivy off tree,s and hedges??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

There are agri-environmental schemes that have no cap on payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭wesleysniper38

Am I correct in thinking that a participant in AEOS1 whose scheme expires in September can't join GLAS this year ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

There are agri-environmental schemes that have no cap on payments.

What are these?

AP2014 wrote: »
    What are these?

NPWS farm plans. Only very limited places and you have to be in SPA/SAC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Can you throw a link up for us?? I have almost a third of the farm designated SAC - maybe it's some use after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭patjack

Farmland Habitat (private Natura Site) vs Farmland Birds

Hi, My entire holding is Hen Harrier Designated, so to me as a potential GLAS applicant I qualify under Tier 1 (a) under Farmland Birds.

What I am looking to distinguish between is Farmland Habitat (private Natura Site) vs Farmland Birds.

What s the definition of a a Farmland Habitat? Does having your land designated SAC/SPA as above under Farmland Birds also by definition qualify you under Farmland Habitat?

As in is there an overlap of definition here?

KatyMac wrote: »
    Can you throw a link up for us?? I have almost a third of the farm designated SAC - maybe it's some use after all.

ww.npws.ie/farmers-and-landowners/schemes/npws-farm-plan-scheme
    I can't post links not enough posts, so just add "w" to above. I've been accepted into Corncrake farm plan, works out alot better than GLAS scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Are they open again I thought that they were closed in 2010 due to no funding

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Killarney49

Hi there, I am trying to find out if it will be worthwhile I joining GLAS. I have about 16 hectares Commonage and 6 Hectares of Private farmland. I just wanted to know what I could get payed in GLAS and what are my lightly charges. Previously I was in REPS4. Got payed 5k a year with roughly 350 euro planner fee annually.. From what I read so far, is it 120 euro per hectare in GLAS? Anyone with information appreciated thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Hi there, I am trying to find out if it will be worthwhile I joining GLAS. I have about 16 hectares Commonage and 6 Hectares of Private farmland. I just wanted to know what I could get payed in GLAS and what are my lightly charges. Previously I was in REPS4. Got payed 5k a year with roughly 350 euro planner fee annually.. From what I read so far, is it 120 euro per hectare in GLAS? Anyone with information appreciated thanks.

You will have to get in contact with planners local to you to find out what they're charging. The commonage rate is €120ha alright, but how much the commonage management plan will cost you and how much your individual GLAS plan will cost will have a larger bearing. You won't make the €5k on that area of commonage so will need to pick measures on your fenced land to bring up payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Fuxake

patjack wrote: »
    Just read that I can't transfer from AEOS 2 to GLAS until 2016, bloody disaster.
    I signed up to AEOS 2 on the assumption (I know assumption is the mother of all f%*$ ups) that I could switch to a new environmental scheme if one were made available, for those with Hen Harrier Designated land etc.

Raging with myself, although probably would have signed up anyway. "A bird in the hand...." attitude at the time.

F it anyway.

Dont think its as bad as it seems. If you join GLAS in 2015, you will be losing a full year's AEOS and under GLAS you will only be at best entitled to a payment for three months (ie Oct, Nov, Dec) which is max 1250 and then a full five years. But if you wait until 2016, you are still entitled to the full five years, under GLAS and you will have maxed out AEOS.

thanks Connemara Farmer for your reply. Yeah will have to see from a local planner what the costs are. Can I claim payment from 6 hectares private land and at what rate per hectare without doing the commonage ? Suppose best to find out a local planner and talk to them, thanks. REPS was great while it lasted!

thanks Connemara Farmer for your reply. Yeah will have to see from a local planner what the costs are. Can I claim payment from 6 hectares private land and at what rate per hectare without doing the commonage ? Suppose best to find out a local planner and talk to them, thanks. REPS was great while it lasted!

No, if you have commonage, then you must include it. Also, just on a point above re timing, if a plan is started on your commonage and you don't go into it in year one, then you DON'T get a fresh five year plan, you will get 4 years, and the master planner will have you over a barrel as s/he will have a monopoly.

The joys of bad schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

No, if you have commonage, then you must include it. Also, just on a point above re timing, if a plan is started on your commonage and you don't go into it in year one, then you DON'T get a fresh five year plan, you will get 4 years, and the master planner will have you over a barrel as s/he will have a monopoly.

The joys of bad schemes.

Wtf. It just keeps getting better!

djmc wrote: »

I'm only entering this year, but they are fairly picky about people entering the schemes. Entry is on a competitive basis. The fact I was doing everything (and more) on the scheme meant they took me on.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

You must have had the rare breeds registered with the Breed society in 2012 or its not you cant have it as an option. You also need access on both sides for hedging and coppicing.The arable borders seem a good option for the tillage farmer.All this from the info meeting in Mallow today

djmc wrote: »
    I'm only entering this year, but they are fairly picky about people entering the schemes. Entry is on a competitive basis. The fact I was doing everything (and more) on the scheme meant they took me on.

Alot of farmers on Shannon callows will not be going back on the Corncrake Scheme, so that is freeing up spaces.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Wtf. It just keeps getting better!

Yes, a lot of lads think they can finish out AEOS 1 or 3 then start a 5 year GLAS term. But if another farmer has started a GLAS plan this year the 5 year clock is ticking down for everyone, in or out, once on same commonage. It would be in AEOS commonage farmers interests - if drawing max payment on commonage measure - to go into GLAS this year. (Once the terms and conditions don't turn too ugly).
    fastrac wrote: »
    You must have had the rare breeds registered with the Breed society in 2012 or its not you cant have it as an option. You also need access on both sides for hedging and coppicing.The arable borders seem a good option for the tillage farmer.All this from the info meeting in Mallow today

Another point on rare breeds, well on Connemara ponies anyhow, you must have registered offspring produced in one of the two years previous to (?) joining the scheme I think.

Who would be interested in a hoop jumping class? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Who would be interested in a hoop jumping class? :rolleyes:

Also need to learn how to knit with red tape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭50HX

low in put is 140 kg nitrates/ha

Anyone know what the rate of payment per hectare for private land is? I know its 120 for commonage. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭eire23

Anyone know what the rate of payment per hectare for private land is? I know its 120 for commonage. Thanks

314 at a max of 10 hectares

Thanks Eire 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭eire23

Thanks Eire 23.

But your only allowed 40kgs nitrogen/ha including slurry/fym/fertiliser.
    The land cant have been reseeded in the last 8 years and i think there has to be four varietys of grass in it . Its a complete non runner i think anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

is the rule where by you can only have one of the GLAS measures per parcel of land going to make it hard for lads to make up the higher payments or am i mistaken?

Bit of advice folks, talk to as many different planners as ye can, ask questions re prices and what ye do or don't actually need. If ye on commonages, or indeed not, talk really closely to neighbours, talk to contacts ye may have. Some of the stuff that's going on, ain't on. Saying no more on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

Bit of advice folks, talk to as many different planners as ye can, ask questions re prices and what ye do or don't actually need. If ye on commonages, or indeed not, talk really closely to neighbours, talk to contacts ye may have. Some of the stuff that's going on, ain't on. Saying no more on that.

Thats disgraceful... either there is strict clearly defined criteria or not.

• Advertisement

Toplink wrote: »
    Thats disgraceful... either there is strict clearly defined criteria or not.

I typed out a number of replies and deleted them all. All I can or want to say is already said in my previous post :)

Advertisement