Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Today has been a long day and I'm in terrible form. Spent most of the day in bed. My little cat keeps coming to check on me and give me lots of cuddles. He's such a cutie.

Thankfully no school for a week so at least that's a TH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Today it has to be Tequila and tacos. Forget everything else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    Today has been a long day and I'm in terrible form. Spent most of the day in bed. My little cat keeps coming to check on me and give me lots of cuddles. He's such a cutie.

Thankfully no school for a week so at least that's a TH.

*hugs*

Cats are the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

*hugs*

Cats are the best!

Indeed they are! Jacob giving out !
    NB this is right way up on my file

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just look out the window.

What a beautiful morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Was standing in the lashing rain the other day.And some nice women came over with her umbrella and held it over me as well..So nice of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

The sea is like a mirror this morning.

Pure sheer ocean glass in every direction... takes the breath away and so silent. Bliss...

Heading that way for a walk right now. Nothing beats a long brisk walk by the sea on a cool still morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to Galway today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

An unusual but effective mix of Leonard Cohen and Rubberbandits playing on a road trip. Dance me to the end of love must be one of the loveliest of songs.

Simmering a bacon joint for soup makes me happy, and hungry..;) Lovely as the weather is it is definitely soup weather. Not made contact with my feet today yet...

TH, walk done, puddings steaming away in the garage, coffee brewing and Mrs S & I are going to sit a spell in the garden mugs and books in hand. Life is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

*hugs*

Cats are the best!

Thank you :) they definitely are!! Now if only he didn't wake me at 6am scratching at the door! Ha!

TH it's a beautiful sunny day!

KatW4 wrote: »
    Thank you :) they definitely are!! Now if only he didn't wake me at 6am scratching at the door! Ha!

TH it's a beautiful sunny day!

My five cats treat the place like a hotel; in, out, in out... Each has a distinctive way of "knocking" at the door and crying. … But getting up to let them in and out keeps me fit.. and makes me happy that they are all fit and well and settled with me.

Jacob does sleep sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Came third in the costume competition in the pub last night with a randomer who just happened to be Skeletor to my She-Ra. Fifty blips each :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I had a great couple of hours in Galway today. I bought four Blu-rays and a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I spent a glorious two hours walking a beach in the West of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭gifted

I just got a question right on University Challenge......get in there Gifted you genius.......

It was a football related question but it was still on UC....lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was just about to post the same G, got 2 of them right.

:D

We should round up a team from here.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I was just about to post the same G, got 2 of them right.

:D

We should round up a team from here.

Count me in. I got three starters tonight and a few team ones.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Count me in. I got three starters tonight and a few team ones.:)

I’m rubbish at quizzes but ... batting my lashes will gift a few answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Saw that beautiful shooting star (space debris maybe) off the south coast earlier just before 7pm. Never saw anything like it, vivid blue/green burn. Spectacular.

https://twitter.com/LinehanSean/status/1188902772948852736

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lovely day in London with the Mrs.
    Great lunch in a Turkish place (Effes) . House salad, best chicken donner I've had, lentil soup,tea.
    Bought a cracking pair of jeans in a shop with the best service - I'll never buy jeans anywhere else.
    Went for really good coffee.
    Met up with a friend for a drink.
    Gorgeous meal in Japan House.
    Mrs asleep beside me on train.
    Happy day.

Edit : jeans man gave me a pair of boot laces free of charge, too.
    Free stuff I want/need always makes me happy!

Saw that beautiful shooting star (space debris maybe) off the south coast earlier just before 7pm. Never saw anything like it, vivid blue/green burn. Spectacular.

That looks brilliant..was there something else on the left hand side before the shooting star appeared?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

That looks brilliant..was there something else on the left hand side before the shooting star appeared?

Didn't see anything other than the object blazing across the sky myself anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Was that a UFO?

Oh, I mean, a weather balloon. ;)

Didn't see anything other than the object blazing across the sky myself anyway.

On Facebook Astronomy Ireland are asking if anyone saw it .

Happy that the icy spell ends soon...… Happy to be tucked up abed with three cats and a HWB. Even of my fingers are barely functional :rolleyes: Happy at the thick patchwork hand- knitted mohair blanket atop all the bedding!

JUST IS SO COLD!

Quick-frozen Graces

• Advertisement

Who wouldn't be TH on another lovely bright autumn morning? Blue skies, russet leaves, and crisp clear air.

Advertisement