Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

JCX BXC wrote: »
    What do you mean apperently going to last for hours?

Its will be snowing for 3 hours then break and then snowing again for another 4-5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Snowing here right now and apparantly goung to last for hours.

Where is here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

sryanbruen wrote: »
    From this weekend coming (25th/26th) to the 29th, it is looking absolutely wonderful with a stubborn high pressure of 1035mb set to build right over the country bringing warm days and cold nights along with plenty of sunshine.

Also, today has been a beautiful day with plenty of blue skies here though the wind made it feel cold.

Any idea what the wind speeds might be like around that time? The cyclist in me is fed up of lovely sunny days with heavy breezes!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

MJohnston wrote: »
    Any idea what the wind speeds might be like around that time? The cyclist in me is fed up of lovely sunny days with heavy breezes!

Don't know exact numbers but they are very light. I put very there in bold as emphasis. The winds will be very light that the nights will be very cold but the days will be warm.

According to long range models today, a prolonged anticyclonic spell looks to be taking place from the weekend onwards well into April.... Winter 2016/17 all over again :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

Usually when we have a big blob of high pressure sitting on top of us, it is perfect for cycling. The clocks go forward this weekend which means early morning commutes will be back in the dark for a little bit, so frost might be a problem in the mornings.

BTW, this is generalising my knowledge of high pressure and not necessarily based on the upcoming forecasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

RTE V BBC forecasts for the south east seem quite different again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

In southern Tenerife 23 degrees and sunny today absolutely glorious can't tell you how nice it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Up to 20c in Ireland over the next week according to MT!

M.E. talking about 11-14 range. Anyway to be away from that muck for the last week has been great and hopefully next week at home will be good.

• Advertisement

31st March / 1st April is looking quite wet.

31st March / 1st April is looking quite wet.

Just in time for the weekend

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Not a cloud in the sky here after almost 48 hours of heavy patchy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

overcast practically all day here in co Sligo ... but no Rain!! Yay!!:)

Managed to get nearly a whole wooden fence painted (until I run out of fence paint) - hopefully play will resume again tomorrow if it stays dry. ..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Must say I'm looking forward to some dry calm settled weather with a bit of warmth this weekend.

evtVxs9.gif

SlQCUb5.png

FreWeHh.gif

Up to 20c in Ireland over the next week according to MT!

Downgraded to 18 now and rain already returning by Tuesday.

Jesus Christ there's a surprise typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jesus Christ there's a surprise typical.

God

Whoever heard of rain in April? ;)

Do ye not think a couple of weeks of dry settled spring weather wouldn't be welcomed? In fact other than a few on this forum who seem to revel in bad weather I think it wholeheartedly would. We are gone from dry settled weather into April with 20 degrees being predicted by some to rain and mid teen temps. By the way why the sarcy remarks all the time. When others are wetting themselves over a bit of frost in Feb ) frost in Feb who would have thought it!!!! I don't get the same negativity.

• Advertisement

God

God what?

Lovely day if you are out of the wind.

"March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers"

Personally I always expect April to be rainy, but expect a nice warm and sunny spell in May when it can actually reach its full potential. If May is ****, yeah I'll be annoyed, but getting annoyed over April showers seems too much, given how reliable a weather phenomenon it is in Ireland.

"March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers"

Personally I always expect April to be rainy, but expect a nice warm and sunny spell in May when it can actually reach its full potential. If May is ****, yeah I'll be annoyed, but getting annoyed over April showers seems too much, given how reliable a weather phenomenon it is in Ireland.

It's just that how many great Aprils there has been during the 21st century so far especially 2003, 2007, 2010, 2011 and 2015.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

much of Ireland is lucky to hit 18 in July, nevermind late March! I'll take 18 no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Do ye not think a couple of weeks of dry settled spring weather wouldn't be welcomed? In fact other than a few on this forum who seem to revel in bad weather I think it wholeheartedly would. We are gone from dry settled weather into April with 20 degrees being predicted by some to rain and mid teen temps. By the way why the sarcy remarks all the time. When others are wetting themselves over a bit of frost in Feb ) frost in Feb who would have thought it!!!! I don't get the same negativity.

What are you doing? Nobody has said anything to the contrary.

A couple of weeks of dry settled Spring weather is welcomed but I would like it to be in Summer rather than Spring. April 2015 was literally our Summer, some places recorded over 20c and monthly sunshine totals of up to 240 hours. That was basically our Summer for 2015 as some places could barely reach 20c in the Summer. And if that's the way the Summer will be if we get dry settled warm weather in the Spring, I don't want the Spring to be like that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A well needed fine bright day today and feeling warm . Got up to 15.2C here near Tralee, cool now under calm clear skies at 6.2C

zMumPDy.jpg?2

Ogimet

C7YaSnz.png?1

Looking warm for most, bit cooler on the East and possibly South coast with an onshore breeze. Around 16C here near Tralee would be just grand :)

sfiJJbS.png

0MmKxWD.png

• Advertisement

Tis glorious!

Advertisement