Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

This is bad advice. You shouldn't be waiting to complete all 8 subjects before applying for TCs. It does no good. You should start as early as possible so that you have a TC lined up when you finish.

I'm not sure what you mean by it 'helping your application'. Most firms will recruit in advance and only require you to have the exams completed by your start date.

Fair enough. Im not in any rush really so suits me to get them all done first. Didnt like the idea of studying for them while working even if I got a few weeks off as a study break. Not advising anyone to do that. Just my opinion that its going to make the process easier on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 church street 94

Fair enough. Im not in any rush really so suits me to get them all done first. Didnt like the idea of studying for them while working even if I got a few weeks off as a study break. Not advising anyone to do that. Just my opinion that its going to make the process easier on me.

You don't/can't start your TC until you have your FE1s completed and most firm's TC places are filled 2-3 years in advance of start date

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

You don't/can't start your TC until you have your FE1s completed and most firm's TC places are filled 2-3 years in advance of start date

The bigger commercial firms recruit several years in advance. Im going to be applying to smaller firms as Im a mature student with a background in an entirely different field. Its fairly common for smaller firms to list completion of a certain minimum amount of FE1s as an application requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Lavelle partners is looking for trainee so if anyone has all exams passed that’s be one to apply for !

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Does anyone have criminal notes I could swap for?

Starting it super super late as I didn't even know if I had it in me to sit them. Have notes for every other exam including the notes I got from doing Constitutional and EU in City Colleges.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

did anyone do a revision course for equity and get given any predictions? starting to stress

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lazydiddles

Has anyone with their scripts affected by the missing data heard any sort of update from the LS? On the original phone call the Friday before last Paula said we would have our results by Friday just gone. Have tried calling today and just been put through to a variety of voicemails.

Has anyone heard back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Has anyone heard back yet?

Nope not a word

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Constitution - November 2020 paper Q8

Just a quick question - in this question there seems to be al lot of issues and I am not sure which approach to take.
    Liberty cases- Refusal of medical treatment under care cases- Fair procedures ie decision makers to give reasons (Malak)-Locus standi

Just seems like an awful lot in one question ! Any advise much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Unless my Company exam grid is wrong, Capital Maintenance never comes up but most people seem to cover it. Is there any particular reason why it should be covered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Lazydiddles

FE1new wrote: »
    Nope not a word

Nothing but an absolute disgrace!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭niamh1612

*COMPANY*

Does anybody have the most recent March 2020 & November 2020 Company Law papers?

I have an up to date constitutional grid & papers that I can swap for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

Gill2020 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked already! Does anyone have an updated grid for company ??

i'm not sure there is any up to date grid for company floating around but i have one that's up until Oct 2018 if you need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

niamh1612 wrote: »
    *COMPANY*

Does anybody have the most recent March 2020 & November 2020 Company Law papers?

I have an up to date constitutional grid & papers that I can swap for ?

someone uploaded photos of the questions from Nov2020 on the previous thread i can email them to you if you pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Nothing but an absolute disgrace!!!

It really is at this stage.

Emails unanswered and calls going to voicemail/ cancelled.

Just tried 3 time there. The first went to voicemail, second time it was as if someone picked up and left the phone to the side and I could hear background voices and someone mentioned ‘hotels’. They were having a conversation and ignoring the phone.

Third time it was answered and immediately cancelled.

Beyond unacceptable at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 roofus22

Sorry I know this is an Fe1 thread, but has anybody heard back from A&L Goodbody re summer internship?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

roofus22 wrote: »
    Sorry I know this is an Fe1 thread, but has anybody heard back from A&L Goodbody re summer internship?

Got an interview offer a few minutes ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jip000

Lawlz wrote: »
    It really is at this stage.

Emails unanswered and calls going to voicemail/ cancelled.

Just tried 3 time there. The first went to voicemail, second time it was as if someone picked up and left the phone to the side and I could hear background voices and someone mentioned ‘hotels’. They were having a conversation and ignoring the phone.

Third time it was answered and immediately cancelled.

Beyond unacceptable at this stage.

That’s awful :( I havent heard anything from them either

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Does anyone have any good but concise notes on directors and their duties. My notes I have are like 60 pages long and I don't know what to cut. I have notes for all other sections so I would be happy to swap!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Does anyone have any good but concise notes on directors and their duties. My notes I have are like 60 pages long and I don't know what to cut. I have notes for all other sections so I would be happy to swap!

this might be a bit too condensed, but this is what I have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

has any gotten tips for constitutional from their prep course? really looking to condense the studying as i plan to sit property and criminal too

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

Guys, would anyone be able to explain the situation with legislation. Sitting company, constitution and contract. I don’t really fancy having to spend 100€ on the companies act. Also is the opw even open? Wondering would a person get away with printouts? , especially for the Constitution and sale of goods act seeing as these exams are online. Or is it necessary to show your legislation

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

123456789j wrote: »
    Guys, would anyone be able to explain the situation with legislation. Sitting company, constitution and contract. I don’t really fancy having to spend 100€ on the companies act. Also is the opw even open? Wondering would a person get away with printouts? , especially for the Constitution and sale of goods act seeing as these exams are online. Or is it necessary to show your legislation

Just a reminder for anyone ordering legislation from OPW ahead of the exams.

I spoke to OPW today to order legislation and was informed their offices and warehouse are closed until April 5th due to the Level 5 lockdown. In order to facilitate our exams they are opening for one day only on Wednesday 10th of March, with orders being posted that day. You will need to contact them by 5pm on Tuesday 9th of March with a list of required legislation and a postal address.

publications@opw.ie

Saw this on fb

The LS haven’t changed the rules and haven’t said printouts will be sufficient so I wouldn’t change it because you never know what theyre going to do

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

123456789j wrote: »

Try if you can get it second hand on Facebook, Donedeal or one of those. They're scarce, but I've seen them go for around sixty euro second hand.
    Otherwise, if you order off the Bloomsbury professional website, the code STUDENT should give you a discount on the Companies Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fe120202021

Adverts has some second hand material and legislations as well, so that would be worth a shot guys

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BigSprogs

Just a reminder for anyone ordering legislation from OPW ahead of the exams.

I spoke to OPW today to order legislation and was informed their offices and warehouse are closed until April 5th due to the Level 5 lockdown. In order to facilitate our exams they are opening for one day only on Wednesday 10th of March, with orders being posted that day. You will need to contact them by 5pm on Tuesday 9th of March with a list of required legislation and a postal address.

I got the same email a few weeks ago - except it said they were only one day only on February 18th.. and a friend got one saying February 25th. I'm thinking they're probably opening every wednesday? Needless to say guys I'd get on to them asap via email!

How's everyone getting up to date cases for Constitutional law? Looking at the November 2020 paper quite a few of the questions ask about a topic in relation to a specific, recent case. Is there anywhere I can find a list of recent cases that might come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

BigSprogs wrote: »
    I got the same email a few weeks ago - except it said they were only one day only on February 18th.. and a friend got one saying February 25th. I'm thinking they're probably opening every wednesday? Needless to say guys I'd get on to them asap via email!

How's everyone getting up to date cases for Constitutional law? Looking at the November 2020 paper quite a few of the questions ask about a topic in relation to a specific, recent case. Is there anywhere I can find a list of recent cases that might come up?

http://www.supremecourt.ie/SupremeCourt/sclibrary3.nsf/pagecurrent/A48207B9CF7E7B46802583B00040E2EA?opendocument&l=en

The Report for last year has not be announced yet but hopefully this helps!

PS I just got an email from courts.ie and the Annual Report for 2020 is not out until mid-April.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

Hi everyone, im currently looking at SLP - does anybody have anything in particular they feel might be worth covering for example just single economic entity or is it just something that all has to be covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ElMo7

Hi, does anybody have EU or criminal sample answers they’re willing to send to me? I have tort and constitutional sample answers as well as other materials

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Anyone have a copy of the March 2020 company paper???

Advertisement