Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Overwhelmed is an understatement. Trying to sit EU, constitutional, company, tort and criminal and now really starting to feel the stress.

I'm hoping to be somewhat covered if I do constitutional interpretation, the president and AG, courts and judiciary, Separation of Powers, Trial in Due Course of Law & Jury Trial, Property Rights, Fair Procedures, Religion, Family Children and Education, Equality and Liberty.

Am I leaving any glaringly important one out? Not feeling confident at all but sure here we are

Freedom of expression would be quite popular also.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

jcarroll9 wrote: »
    Could somebody let me know what chapter Tracing is in in equity? Also any sample answers on tracing would be great. Thanks in advance!

here are my notes on tracing if they are any help

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

Has any other first time candidates not been sent an FE1 number yet? Need it to access the training contract seminar, but all I have in my emails is my notice that my application's been approved - no mention of an FE1 number

Does anyone have a constitutional grid?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

bigchungus wrote: »
    Has any other first time candidates not been sent an FE1 number yet? Need it to access the training contract seminar, but all I have in my emails is my notice that my application's been approved - no mention of an FE1 number
    Yes, I’m in the same boat. Too busy studying to even attempt contact with them.

• Advertisement

bigchungus wrote: »

We didn't get a number for November as they were online, we were told to email them for our number in order to get our results.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Buttonbean123

Is there anyone still waiting on clarity about their recheck results or missing exam scripts from November? Or does anyone have any info on what happened when the education committee met? I have emailed Paula and the fe1 section but am getting no response at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Is there anyone still waiting on clarity about their recheck results or missing exam scripts from November? Or does anyone have any info on what happened when the education committee met? I have emailed Paula and the fe1 section but am getting no response at all.

I just logged in to ask this question!

I haven’t heard anything since last Wednesday. She said the board of examiners had met and that the scripts were being sent to the external examiner again and then the board would meet again but didn’t give a timeline.

I was hoping we’d get results today/ tomorrow.

They are cutting it extremely fine to the next sitting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Lawlz wrote: »

I haven’t heard anything since last Wednesday. She said the board of examiners had met and that the scripts were being sent to the external examiner again and then the board would meet again but didn’t give a timeline.

I am the same, haven't heard a thing.

FE1new wrote: »
    I am the same, haven't heard a thing.

It’s a long shot, but do you think they’ll award passes because of the proximity to the next set and the fact that it was a mishap on their part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

Does anybody have an exam grid that is up to date for company law?

please PM me if you do or if you have a copy of the Nov 2020 paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FE1_2020_

Has anyone a copy of the November Constitutional paper if so could you pm please, many thanks.

It’s a long shot, but do you think they’ll award passes because of the proximity to the next set and the fact that it was a mishap on their part?

Honestly, I think we have a better chance of seeing pigs fly. I am taking it that I have failed and if I pass I will celebrate :D

Are there many people waiting on results ? That's really awful, my heart goes out to you. I cant believe that are treating people like this!

Are there many people waiting on results ? That's really awful, my heart goes out to you. I cant believe that are treating people like this!

I’m not sure how many exactly, but judging from what I saw on here alone, at least 10. It’s unlikely that everyone posts here though, obviously.

It is a bit of a joke at this stage. I had to chase them for the result of another recheck for over a week from the 19th and the response was ‘sorry I thought I told you on the phone last week’.

Don’t want to be Debbie Downer lol but it’s a joke at this stage and seriously hampering study since I don’t know if I’ll have to repeat yet.

They told me on the phone there were 8 people but from being on here it seems like way more.

FE1new wrote: »
    They told me on the phone there were 8 people but from being on here it seems like way more.

Seems that way alright. I’ve come to the understanding that it was 8 from one subject now.

I’m not sure how many exactly, but judging from what I saw on here alone, at least 10. It’s unlikely that everyone posts here though, obviously.

It is a bit of a joke at this stage. I had to chase them for the result of another recheck for well over a week and the response was ‘sorry I thought I told you on the phone last week’.

Don’t want to be Debbie Downer lol but it’s a joke at this stage and seriously hampering study since I don’t know if I’ll have to repeat yet.

That is an absolute disgrace.

Is there anyway that ye could collectively deal with the issue. From a mental health preceptive alone this must be so damaging not to mention the fact that the exam was held last November! Once again there is no transparency!!

I am sitting my last exam (hopefully) in a few weeks but if I was at the start of my journey I would be so disheartened by this "professional body" I think I would walk away. The way they have treated people over the last 12 months is truly ridiculous. I hope ye get your results and soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

Does anyone have a copy of the Tort paper from November 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FE1Pleb

Hey, what people's views on what might come up for Constitutional? Interpretation and the AG might be due a run, same as Due Course of Law maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

FE1Pleb wrote: »
    Hey, what people's views on what might come up for Constitutional? Interpretation and the AG might be due a run, same as Due Course of Law maybe?

I have a feeling that he’s straying away from those easier questions of interrogation and ag/president - would love a q on it but not getting hopes up

I feel maybe a q on liberty and then family/ education re school closures maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BigSprogs

Anyone have recent constitutional papers? Only have them up till 2017... Would be willing to provide notes in any subject in return!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

awsah wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer to pay it forward, im still happy to help if people need 😊

Can I please get notes off you :) thank you

Does anyone have a copy of the Tort paper from November 2020?

i posted mine a while back if you search my old posts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

hey, for people who requested copies of their papers, how long did it take for the LS to get back to you? and has anyone who requested post re-checks heard back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

also, does anyone have any tort sample answers? willing to send anything you need that i have in return - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PostHog

Hi, could anyone tell me what came up in the Criminal Paper in the Nov sitting? Apologies if already been asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

Hi guys,

Can someone let me know what they’re covering for equity please.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kellyg248

Yes please!!

Kelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

keelfe1s wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Can someone let me know what they’re covering for equity please.

Hey I’m doing

Charitable trusts/duties
    Constructive trusts
    Tracing
    Injunctions - mareva? Not on last year & new examiner so anyone’s gues here!
    Satisfaction/SvB/Hastings Bass
    Rectification
    Undue influence
    Prop estoppel
    Resulting - joint accounts
    Sp perfor

Not doing. DMC - came up last year
    Think that’s it

Any recommendations welcome here too

Advertisement