Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Anyone ordered from book depository recently? What are their lead times on delivery?

Oh they are the worst, I ordered something on jan 24th and still haven't received it! It's in its way though apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

What are people deffo studying for tort? Any bankers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Is everyone learning distribution of assets on a winding up for company?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

bigchungus wrote: »
    My FE1 grinds lecturer has told me not to worry about sentencing/fines for offences in criminal as it's not on the syllabus but I feel as though I should be sticking them in anyway? Any thoughts?

Mine said the same. I did a course last year. Did they give any predictions? I know that’s hard to do for criminal. But for example possible essay questions?

Does anyone have notes for distribution of assets on a winding up, head is fried :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 jip000

Got an email today from the LS to say that even though my exam was missing parts and was regraded, my grade remains the same. For the one missing parts and the other one I had rechecked. No explanation. Im not sure what to think at this point.

Well, thats not true- I’m thinking that I’d really like beer right about now

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

Didn't get any predictions, no. In the Night Before Notes they suggest paying mind to coercive control and the dv act tho, aswell as the Criminal Justice (Sexual Offences) Act, 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

That's bordering on bizarre...how can they even grade you when they're missing parts of your exam. Really sorry to hear that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

jip000 wrote: »
    Got an email today from the LS to say that even though my exam was missing parts and was regraded, my grade remains the same. For the one missing parts and the other one I had rechecked. No explanation. Im not sure what to think at this point.

this is weird. do you know how much was missing? surely you'd pick up even one mark... the lack of transparency in everything is really demoralising. like...this process is so gruelling and grim (and expensive), and it legit seems like someone just sticks a random number on the paper at the end of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Fe123 wrote: »
    Does anyone have notes for distribution of assets on a winding up, head is fried :(

I do if you want to DM me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 RudiN99

If anybody has grids for EU or Criminal I would be very grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

JD Brian case.... is this an example of automatic crystallisation or express crystallisation???

JD Brian case.... is this an example of automatic crystallisation or express crystallisation???

I think it relates to prior notice

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Buttonbean123

That’s very strange!! Do you know how much was missing from your script or are you able to view what was missing to see if you think it would be worth a few extra marks? I’m still waiting to hear back too. Emailed so many times to say that part of one of my questions was missing and finally got a response saying anyone who was missing part of their script was contacted! I had to send screenshots again saying I know for a fact that part of my answer is missing and now apparently better examinations are looking into it! Like we sat these exams 4 months ago ������

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

The case itself concerned the interpretation of a clause that was an express crystallisation by notice from the Bank. However, Courtney said that it had implications for how automatic crystallisation is also interpreted going forward (that, per the judgment, such a clause would likely be considered a floating, as opposed to a fixed, charge upon winding up and so not defeat preferential creditors unlike an express crystallisation notice).

At any rate, as I'm sure you already know anyway, the updated s.621(7)(b) of the 2014 (as amended s 92 Companies (Accounting) Act 2017) effectively nullifies the effect of JD Brian in terms of the impact an express crystallisation has on priorities upon winding up.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Just wondering if anyone has any notes on Privacy or Fair Procedure that they'd be willing to share?
    I have sample answers etc to swap in return!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

For Constitutional, thinking of leaving out trial in due course, the preamble, emergency and war, international law and ECHR, right to silence, right to jury trial, abortion, inviolability of the dwelling, freedom of assembly and association Article 45 and the case note. Is there anything else I can cut or is there something I should definitely include? Feeling very lost in this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lazydiddles

That’s very strange!! Do you know how much was missing from your script or are you able to view what was missing to see if you think it would be worth a few extra marks? I’m still waiting to hear back too. Emailed so many times to say that part of one of my questions was missing and finally got a response saying anyone who was missing part of their script was contacted! I had to send screenshots again saying I know for a fact that part of my answer is missing and now apparently better examinations are looking into it! Like we sat these exams 4 months ago ������

I was given the same reply. No help from LSI at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FE1Pleb

Hey guys,
    Does anyone know if Graham Dwyer v Commissioner for an Gardas has come up as a case note question lately? Supreme Court judgement was handed down early last year

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

Can anyone advise on what Q.6 of Nov 2020 Company paper was looking for?

"S.602 of the CA 2014 is a statutory example of the parri passu principle which requires all creditors of an insolvent company to be placed on an equal footing and not "leap frog" the statutory queue ordained by the CA 2014"

I presume Corporate borrowing but what part specifically does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Byrne11

Can anyone advise what sitting the online exam is like?

I have a mounted webcam on my computer so its very limited to what I can show (I can lift my screen to show desk for initial checks etc).
    Does someone come on the screen and ask to go through your legislation if you have it for that exam, or how does it work?

Thanks a mill & I hope everyones study is going ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Al1501 wrote: »
    For Constitutional, thinking of leaving out trial in due course, the preamble, emergency and war, international law and ECHR, right to silence, right to jury trial, abortion, inviolability of the dwelling, freedom of assembly and association Article 45 and the case note. Is there anything else I can cut or is there something I should definitely include? Feeling very lost in this subject.

My tutor reckons Right to Silence is due a run (and it's v short) so I'd keep it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Byrne11 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise what sitting the online exam is like?

I have a mounted webcam on my computer so its very limited to what I can show (I can lift my screen to show desk for initial checks etc).
    Does someone come on the screen and ask to go through your legislation if you have it for that exam, or how does it work?

Thanks a mill & I hope everyones study is going ok!

No there is no person watching you it is a computer system which detects fraud and tracks eye movements and such

There was no desk checks in November for me not sure if there was for anyone but it says that you will be asked to show your desk so I’m not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

Could any kind soul tell me what topics appeared on the Constitutional Exam in November 2020? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Does anyone have Company notes they would be willing so share please?

Cant believe how fast time is going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

jip000 wrote: »

I got the same. My result didn’t change.

Just so people know what they’re dealing with:

Exams some of us took in November weren’t saved correctly meaning our original grades were wrong. This was due to software errors, not candidates own errors.

We were contacted by the LS only two weeks ago when recheck results were due to tell us this and were told our exams would be corrected again.

We only got results YESTERDAY- less than 3 weeks (closer to 2 weeks for those sitting the first exam) until the next set of exams with NO apology or even decent explanation from the LS and grades stayed the same regardless of the massive delay, disadvantage and the fact that sections were missing.

There is not point in appealing and it is basically a tough sh*t situation.

That leaves a few of us at a massive disadvantage with under 3 weeks to try to prepare and sit the next exams. This delay was no fault of our own and is 100% on the LS side.

The same flawed software will be used in March with no prior warning given to candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Lawlz wrote: »
    I got the same. My result didn’t change.

Just so people know what they’re dealing with:

Exams some of us took in November weren’t saved correctly meaning our original grades were wrong. This was due to software errors, not candidates own errors.

We were contacted by the LS only two weeks ago when recheck results were due to tell us this and were told our exams would be corrected again.

We only got results YESTERDAY- less than 3 weeks (closer to 2 weeks for those sitting the first exam) until the next set of exams with NO apology or even decent explanation from the LS and grades stayed the same regardless of the massive delay, disadvantage and the fact that sections were missing.

There is not point in appealing and it is basically a tough sh*t situation.

That leaves a few of us at a massive disadvantage with under 3 weeks to try to prepare and sit the next exams. This delay was no fault of our own and is 100% on the LS side.

The same flawed software will be used in March with no prior warning given to candidates.

Wow that is a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

I would consider writing to the Irish Times!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Fe119 wrote: »
    I would consider writing to the Irish Times!

Interesting suggestion! Thanks.

Our biggest problem is that it seems to be flying under the radar because not everyone has been affected so they are getting away with it. Also the fact that the exams are so close, we don’t have time to appeal/ try to rectify it before the next sitting.

***For everyone on here that may see this and choose to ignore it because they weren’t affected in the last sitting:
    The same software is being used in March. That software is flawed and resulted in our scripts not being saved properly which resulted in fails, delays and no changes to grades were made despite this. ***

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

What are people covering for tort? I've done employers/vicarious liability, defamation, negligence/doc/causation etc, passing off, rylands v fletcher and private nuisance, professional negligence & occupiers liability... am I missing anything big or including anything that's probably not needed? Thank you :)

Advertisement