Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

fast_eddie wrote: »
    It's a lovely phone (without the flip cover) - and the sandstone back on the 64Gb model gives good grip, but I'm not sure I'd want to use it with no protection...

Cheers,
    Eddie

Yep, I have the white back model which has less grip than the black - it's a slippy mofo without a cover! Flung it across the room once or twice just from attempting to take it out of my pocket :pac:

I have the Diztronic cover now with a D-Brand skin added for extra grip

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the One plus One has a problem with 4G for Vodafone in the UK, something about less bands on its chip.

Anyone know if that affects it in Ireland?

Yes, currently it doesn't work with Vodafone's 4G in Ireland. They will be deploying the supported band in the future I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Be sure to look at the specs for the flip cover, it's about the same weight as the phone itself. It fits on nicely and feels quite safe, but it really adds bulk.

I returned my OnePlus One under the 2-week no-reason refund policy, I found it dropping calls and connectivity a bit too often for my liking.

They would only refund the phone however, not the accessories, so I still have the flip case (which I got direct from OnePlus) and an unused screen protector (via eBay). Overall good service from OnePlus, fair play to them.

Lovely phone to use but connectivity was flaky for me - might be the individual handset, might be the cloud cover where I was at the time(s), might be solar flares or bad karma. I don't know, but I'm back to using my Galaxy S4 - which feels small - with a clean new install...

Cheers,
    Eddie

I heard that before. Do you live in a rural area?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

I heard that before. Do you live in a rural area?

No - a mile of the centre of a large town, showing full 3G coverage for every carrier...

Cheers,
    Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Does it come unlocked, and you just put in your old sim card (O2 in my case) into it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    Does it come unlocked, and you just put in your old sim card (O2 in my case) into it?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Katarzyna127

Miles better.

In what way is it miles better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

In what way is it miles better ?

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Google-Nexus-5,OnePlus-One/phones/8148,8603

The only reason to get the nexus is really for stock android and updates really from my own personal preference.
    Although you will always have those who say the nexus are a better phone. however specs, price and being a phone that will probably not need to be changed as soon as the nexus ( basing it on the fact that it is a more future proof phone than the nexus 5 eg ram, camera, battery life ) also from what I can gather the nexus 5 is discontinued

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Got a phone call from a lad in DHL 20 mins ago, and now I have the phone in my hands! :D

Many thanks again to the OP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Got a phone call from a lad in DHL 20 mins ago, and now I have the phone in my hands! :D

Many thanks again to the OP :)

When did you order?

• Advertisement

When did you order?

Tuesday morning, just after 10am.
    Opted for the express delivery.

Never got an email from Oneplus to say it shipped though!
    First I knew it was coming was from the DHL call. :)

Dwalsh58 wrote: »
    What charger is with your order? mine says EU charger.

Came with a 3 pin plug in the end pal! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

If you login to OnePlusOne website you can track status of delivery in "Shop Account".

Mine is currently "With Delivery Courier"

Ordered Tuesday avro and paid extra buck for "express" delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭The-Rafalution

Just had vodafone 4G rolled out where I am living. Currently using a galaxy s4. Would love to get the 1 plus 1 but would find it hard now to go back from 4G. Any idea when it might be rolled out for the one plus one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I tried registering for their site with two different e-mails, and neither have received confirmation mails. Do they usually take a long time?

e: never mind, just arrived :o

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

blobbie wrote:
    Mine is currently "With Delivery Courier"

blobbie wrote:
    Ordered Tuesday avro and paid extra buck for "express" delivery.

Dito

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I thought some people were getting Vodafone 4G with their Oneplus's depending on the mast? Just switch to three anyway, by far the best 4G data.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Just had vodafone 4G rolled out where I am living. Currently using a galaxy s4. Would love to get the 1 plus 1 but would find it hard now to go back from 4G. Any idea when it might be rolled out for the one plus one?
    sugarman wrote: »
    Never, its the hardware that makes it incompatible.

Vodafone will eventually support 4G on OnePlus One and iPhone 5 etc.
    They bought spectrum in the supported band but have not implemented it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

ordered Tuesday , just delivered now by dhl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Grrr, I hate you all. I ordered one last Tuesday week (3rd) via the German site, it's only just been received at mailboxde.com, will cost me another €20 to post it here and I won't have it until next week!

There's no justice in this world :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

ordered it :) , paid through pay pal and by my 02 card but it paid in pounds and the pay pay commission cost me about 20-25 euro extra, sill saved more over paying with the UK method, someone will now mention how i could have avoided that probably ha

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Grrr, I hate you all. I ordered one last Tuesday week (3rd) via the German site, it's only just been received at mailboxde.com, will cost me another €20 to post it here and I won't have it until next week!

There's no justice in this world :mad:

Hopefully won't take as long as Sam for ye ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Ordered mine Tuesday, received this morning also :)

Really like it so far, so responsive, the double touch to turn on is great too,

Packaging is fancy, very Apple-like, only disappointment is no earphones in the box, kind of expect it these days, but 320 delivered for this phone is a helluvadeal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭podge3

No need to wait 'til next Tuesday, I just got 2 invites :). Both for 64Gb Sandstone Black:

GLB1-T9WX-SBS7-JE0K
    GLJA-VA2D-B5IG-O6MK

2 days left on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

How do you even add an invite to an account. I can't seem to find an option for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

No - a mile of the centre of a large town, showing full 3G coverage for every carrier...

Cheers,
    Eddie

Thanks.

Im not sure whether to get this now... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ao

podge3 wrote: »
    No need to wait 'til next Tuesday, I just got 2 invites :). Both for 64Gb Sandstone Black:

GLB1-T9WX-SBS7-JE0K
    GLJA-VA2D-B5IG-O6MK

2 days left on both.

Fair play to you sharing the invites - both used by the time i tried them boo hoo !
    If any other kind soul has one to spare id be most grateful .

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Thargor wrote: »
    I thought some people were getting Vodafone 4G with their Oneplus's depending on the mast? Just switch to three anyway, by far the best 4G data.

How does 3 have the best 4G data? I thought Vodafone had best 4G coverage?

I'm put off by this if honest, was planning on move to Vodafone with higher 4G data allowances just introduced on the RED packages but no point in having a 4G phone that doesn't do 4G with your network..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

you can get free sim cards online, and check them in your area. you need to be aware that all of it depends on where you are, what you use and other factors. for instance I might have good signal where I am but if i walk 20 feet it could go bad.
    I would suggest getting a free sim and trying it in places you frequent and then look at the best deals. but i doubt vodafone have the best 4g. probably the most expensive mind

check this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057168810

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

daytob wrote: »
    i doubt vodafone have the best 4g. probably the most expensive mind

I was looking at this in relation to coverage (not looking at cost though) which appears to show Vodafone have vastly superior 4G coverage:

coverage.png

Advertisement