Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The yellow screen thing was a problem with the first couple of production runs a while back, a problem with the glue they were using between the screen and the glass, its just not an issue anymore so dont let that worry you. Even when it was an issue leaving the phone in sunlight or just letting it fade away through use or the heat of your pocket usually fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dwalsh58

moleyv wrote:
    I took the plunge. Debating it for a while but that price sealed the deal.

moleyv wrote:
    I didn't hang around in case its an introductory price.

E299 is the price all over Europe, I got one from Germany last month and it worked out about E50 cheaper than the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Dwalsh58 wrote: »
    €299 is the price all over Europe, I got one from Germany last month and it worked out about €50 cheaper than the UK.

Current exchange rates and better shipping options have made ordering via UK redundant. It was always slightly cheaper to order via Germany but delivery was taking a week longer. I ordered two via UK in November and December when exchange rates were better for us and paid EUR350 roughly for each one. At the time I could have saved a tenner or slightly more going via Germany but preferred faster UK delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

The LG G3 32GB seems to be €541 before delivery on Amazon - Assume prices quoted are for 16GB? Which after OS leaves v little storage...

- Can anyone confirm that a 16GB LG G3 with a 64GB micro SD card is essentially equal to a 70GB phone? ie no issues with installing apps to Micro SD or other annoying impediments to a happy life?

Get that one from Germany http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00KKM2UZG

It works out for me at 351.55 Euro including shipping to Ireland.

What price is it normally?

€299 all over the Euro zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Sappy404

September1 wrote: »
    Get that one from Germany http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00KKM2UZG

It works out for me at 351.55 Euro including shipping to Ireland.

That's used. New is €385, before shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Anyone know if VAT can be claimed back for a business purchase?

Emailed them a while ago with the same question, VAT is billed in the UK so it's not possible to claim it back unless they sell it without VAT to a vat registered business - but they seemed unwilling to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Thanks to the OP for posting :)

O+O does seem to have a lot of complaints over screen issues - A yellowish tinge, and unresponsive touch screen/phantom touches etc in certain cases.

Am tempted to buy but very concerned re this?

The LG G3 32GB seems to be €541 before delivery on Amazon - Assume prices quoted are for 16GB? Which after OS leaves v little storage...

- Can anyone confirm that a 16GB LG G3 with a 64GB micro SD card is essentially equal to a 70GB phone? ie no issues with installing apps to Micro SD or other annoying impediments to a happy life?

Yeah, with the G3, you can install apps to the SD card easily. Most apps/ games have the option to use that function.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

A little warning for those of you who, like me, dwell in areas of questionable coverage. Where I live, I don't get 3g very often, so internet isn't happening on phones - and that's fine, I'm used to that, but for the first time in years I'm finding with the oneplus one that it's dropping off the network altogether and I can't make or take phone calls. I had no issue with htc one, nexus 4, iphone 4... but both my husband and I have the oneplus one and we both have the same problem :( Other than that, I love this phone. And really, who uses a phone for phone purposes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

was just bout to buy a nexus5...is this an equal or even better phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Zipppy wrote: »
    was just bout to buy a nexus5...is this an equal or even better phone?

Miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

whats the camera like on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Will try for one at 8am next Tuesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Nolars wrote: »
    whats the camera like on it?

Pretty good. http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/oneplus-one-1244307/review/5

Have one since August. For this price I can't see it been beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Order process change from 'Pending' to 'Processing'. Anyone have an idea how long delivery would take?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

I ordered one tuesday from the irish site ,it in processing at the moment,does anyone know who delivers and how long delivery takes ? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

DHL hold the stock and deliver from their hub in Heathrow Airport

Edit: Maybe this is only for Express Delivery option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

The normal delivery is by Royal Mail.

They say despatch normally within 4 days.

I would anticipate delivery 2-4 days after that going by normal royal mail / an post experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Really thinking about this now. Is it worth buying at this stage are they brining about a new version soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Really thinking about this now. Is it worth buying at this stage are they brining about a new version soon?

Yeah its def worth buying, for its price it cant be beaten.

You have until next Tues to think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

What about the cover, screen guard etc? is it easy to find and buy in Ireland?

gogreen81 wrote: »

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-oneplus-one-cases/

The Tudia one is available on amazon for ~£11.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

Be sure to look at the specs for the flip cover, it's about the same weight as the phone itself. It fits on nicely and feels quite safe, but it really adds bulk.

I returned my OnePlus One under the 2-week no-reason refund policy, I found it dropping calls and connectivity a bit too often for my liking.

They would only refund the phone however, not the accessories, so I still have the flip case (which I got direct from OnePlus) and an unused screen protector (via eBay). Overall good service from OnePlus, fair play to them.

Lovely phone to use but connectivity was flaky for me - might be the individual handset, might be the cloud cover where I was at the time(s), might be solar flares or bad karma. I don't know, but I'm back to using my Galaxy S4 - which feels small - with a clean new install...

Cheers,
    Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

fast_eddie wrote: »
    Be sure to look at the specs for the flip cover, it's about the same weight as the phone itself. It fits on nicely and feels quite safe, but it really adds bulk.

I returned my OnePlus One under the 2-week no-reason refund policy, I found it dropping calls and connectivity a bit too often for my liking.

They would only refund the phone however, not the accessories, so I still have the flip case (which I got direct from OnePlus) and an unused screen protector (via eBay). Overall good service from OnePlus, fair play to them.

Lovely phone to use but connectivity was flaky for me - might be the individual handset, might be the cloud cover where I was at the time(s), might be solar flares or bad karma. I don't know, but I'm back to using my Galaxy S4 - which feels small - with a clean new install...

Cheers,
    Eddie

Now that you have mentioned about the weight of the flipcover, I think I need to see and hold the phone to get the real feel. Before ordering on paddys day.
    i will see if anyone in my office has one.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Please don't turn this thread from a discussion of the phone into another 100 page snoozefest of delivery times, customs, DHL, status changing to out for delivery etc, nobody except yourself cares when your phone is going to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

I read somewhere that the One plus One has a problem with 4G for Vodafone in the UK, something about less bands on its chip.

Anyone know if that affects it in Ireland?

Nolars wrote:

I think you should buy now, the 2 won't be out till Q3 and will be invite only for a while and then preorder, so might not be readily available till 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

Now that you have mentioned about the weight of the flipcover, I think I need to see and hold the phone to get the real feel. Before ordering on paddys day.
    i will see if anyone in my office has one.

Thanks

It's a lovely phone (without the flip cover) - and the sandstone back on the 64Gb model gives good grip, but I'm not sure I'd want to use it with no protection...

Cheers,
    Eddie

Advertisement