Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Nerves of Steel to be cutting it so fine with the postal/courier services in turmoil .

I had less of a turn around for a dress up thing last year. Same craic, got it sent to yer man. She wore it once. Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

SarahLil wrote: »
    Ordered my turkey today I am really late this year
    Watched a christmassy movie last night "Love The Coopers" it was easy watching if you know what I mean I just needed to curl up and switch off
    Bought the Polar Express this evening and watched that too, himself is back late tonight
    I am getting my hair done tomorrow for the Christmas can you believe I am actually saying that, I'll get himself to write the cards tomorrow

Crowdedhouse them girls of yours are so cute

Watched ‘Love the Coopers’ this evening as well. Nice movie. Better than most cheesy Christmas 24 movies. The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix very much worth a look as well.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It's usually around this time of year I get GREAT ideas of things to do for Christmas. But not enough time to put them in motion for this Christmas. My two ideas this year are firstly to make the OH a craft beer advent calendar, and also that we will make our own Christmas Crackers and fill them with cool stuff.

Oh well. Next year I'll be more organised. Promise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Pray for mojo. My old firms christmas party yesterday. The pub was rammed at 3pm. I have to play in a work golf thing at 1pm. Im not a golfist and I may puke or cry or both.

Christmas concert tomorrow night to look forward to. http://www.dubaiopera.com/showlist/jingle-bell-favourites-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Christmas jumper day in work today :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Morning Elves....what awful weather......hard to sleep last night with the wind and rain. I spent yesterday doing the pots for the graves.
    They turned out just lovely. I think it is the last thing you can do for your relatives that have passed. Tiny Christmas Tree in the middle
    then a mix of primroses, pansies, ivy, hyacinth bulbs kind of ready to bloom, some daffs ready to peep out. Then I got some fab
    battery candles, with Christmas writing around it in EuroGiant for E1.50. The candle wick flickers, and the base is lit up as well.
    Some value for E1.50. Then some baubles on sticks, and on my Dad.s one I got a mini Santa Hat on top of a red bauble, with
    I Love Dad on it. Delighted with them.
    Also went to bottle bank, and clothes bank from big tidy done in wardrobes/hot press.
    My heart jumped with I went into Christmas Countdown and saw 12 days to go !!!!
    Thnk it is time to be buying Vouchers for those I cant think of stuff for.
    Jude13...can u send us some sunshine please......Just checked meteireann....and it seems to be rain galore for forseeable
    future.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Neyite wrote: »
    It's usually around this time of year I get GREAT ideas of things to do for Christmas. But not enough time to put them in motion for this Christmas. My two ideas this year are firstly to make the OH a craft beer advent calendar, and also that we will make our own Christmas Crackers and fill them with cool stuff.

Oh well. Next year I'll be more organised. Promise!

Stick an event in your Google calendar for next September to get cracking on your Christmas ideas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Picked up the RTE guide last night. Haven't gotten so much as a peek inside it yet. Will sit down with a pen later and mark all the things I want to see (and then most likely forget all about it again).

I also bought The Grinch on DVD for us to watch over the weekend - the 1966 one, a staple from my childhood. We had it on tape with the Flintstones Christmas (where Fred was Santy - anyone else remember that? He had to work at a department store to make extra money). We'll also be getting our real tree this weekend - bit late but Mr. CL has been away for work for over a week now :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

miamee wrote: »
    Stick an event in your Google calendar for next September to get cracking on your Christmas ideas :D

Good idea, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Watched ‘Love the Coopers’ this evening as well. Nice movie. Better than most cheesy Christmas 24 movies. The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix very much worth a look as well.

I am saving The Christmas Chronicles till Christmas Eve
    I watched The Polar Express last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Turkey's on sale this day next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Turkey's on sale this day next week!

small frozen one safe in the freezer here; no chancing the weather and not having one out here.

May get my outside small display up this weekend if the coming windstorm allows,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭DvB

SarahLil wrote: »
    I am saving The Christmas Chronicles till Christmas Eve
    I watched The Polar Express last night

We're saving 'Its a wonderful life' for christmas eve after the kids go to bed.
    Saving National Lampoons christmas vacation for tomorrow night, my wifes work party is on so once the kids go to bed its just me & the griswalds...

Think we've pretty much watched all our other 'must watch' pre christmas movies at this stage.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Graces7 wrote: »
    small frozen one safe in the freezer here; no chancing the weather and not having one out here.

May get my outside small display up this weekend if the coming windstorm allows,

"If" the weather allows me to cross to the mainland once more, I may even get a second small turkey..... the big 4 shops and supervalu are having a price war and my five cats and I love turkey...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Evening, Elves !
    Quiet evening for me, perfect to write a few emails with Christmas wishes, to friends who are scattered around the World at this stage.
    Next week will be mad, and I did not want to rush it or to write standard "round-Robins".
    Mixed feelings about how fast the years are flying by, how distances and busy lives make catching up more and more difficult.
    Anyway, that's life !

It has been so cold today,
    Got an extra Virgin TV box for the house so that will be handy with the time we have off :)
    I got the hair and nails done today I have a night away with the girls Saturday
    Himself is back from his trip he so he gave me a hand (he was at the Barcelona match against Spurs he passed through the Christmas markets there he said we will have to go back so heres hoping we get there next year) with the weekly shop we got a huge Chinese on the way home while popping into my mams
    I picked up the RTE guide so going to browse through that this evening hopefully if I can keep my eyes open I am so tired

I am hoping to watch Love Actually one of the nights and The Holiday too, I've Neven Maguires Cooking programme to look at too

Any Romantica ice cream lovers out there its half price in Dunnes Stores under 5euro I think...

48269273_2136111659773243_8798724587324964864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=1fea7dba8ff72e98dbd671ef9a273026&oe=5C9DCBEF

48398359_2136711803060857_526969968705667072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=4305211fc1ecea22c4bc87893af276b1&oe=5CA4D873

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

9zsiv8.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Had the day off work yesterday- went to a Christmas carol concert, watched Christmas/Love the Coopers, wrote my cards and got a last couple of bits wrapped. My cake has had it's last feed and I have the icing and toppers bought and ready to go.
    Work Christmas party and secret santa tonight.

Christmaaaaas!! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey everyone

Hope you're all enjoying the countdown to Christmas. Today's my birthday too so I can really feel the buzz of Christmas. Only 10 days to Christmas Eve now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Happy Birthday DenMan..........Have a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Happy Birthday DenMan. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

Thanks guys :)

Happy Birthday dude

Was chatting with a woman on Tuesday, she was saying that she bought her tree on Camden street in Dublin. The woman she bought it off said she kinda recognised her, and asked if she lived in the flats. Reason being the tree might be a bit big. Not at all says my friend, loads of room. How wrong she was. She can't see the telly, and the fairy looks like its doing a hand stand. But she loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The same happened us a few years ago, looked grand in the big warehouse size shop, we were only focused on height. When we went to put it together it took over the room - a mile wide!
    Luckily we had no problem returning it.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

whats the best way to keep a tree watered / alive for the longest time?
    Its drilled into a stand so I cant put it in a water bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Same here, I think one year himself had to trim a bit off the back of the Christmas tree in his parents - was huge!

• Advertisement

I'm reading the posts in work which I don't usually do but sure its Christmas
    Cheerlouth nearly after bursting out laughing "Trim the Tree" :D

Happy Birthday Denman

What has everyone else got to get ? I still need a new dinning set not just for Christmas but for every day, I need to pick up some new hand towels for the bathrooms too, we need a microwave too
    I need Holly Wreaths for the grave, I have bought artificial Christmassy flowers for the grave too
    I need to try on my Christmas dress that I bought to see if it fits if not il have to return to the shop which is local so not too bad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement