Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

48098285_10217862789222888_1163301753366511616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=934f5c2196aeabc0ecaccd12d1a98fe8&oe=5CAC2642

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

..well I'm an Idiot as I mixed my dates up and thought it was next week..doh! Glad it was a good night anyway!.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    ..well I'm an Idiot as I mixed my dates up and thought it was next week..doh! Glad it was a good night anyway!.
    No just moved it ahead a day. Might be one in the the New Year?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

After all the trouble of fitting the two player control panel to the cab and getting it working, no one used it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Would have loved to have gone.

Fate flipped me the middle finger anyhow - I couldn't go to the beers, as I was supposed to have my work night in the Sheraton in Athlone, but my 5 year was sick and we (myself and my wife) couldn't go to that either - so I went nowhere.

Anyhow - hope a great time was had by all.

So where are the pics???

• Advertisement

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So where are the pics???
    What kind you looking for just what games we had? Can get those
    DuAl5zjWkAwllwn?format=jpg&name=medium
    DuAl6HtW4AUXoEw?format=jpg&name=medium
    DuAl7EKWkAEL-nH?format=jpg&name=large
    DuAmADTX4AAELwM?format=jpg&name=large

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hope it was a good night all.
    I'd American visitors last week.
    Happy Christmas to you all anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Inviere wrote: »
    Just looking at the start of this thread, next years Christmas beers will be the 10th anniversary of the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks...

Actually, are beer nights now retro?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Inviere wrote: »
    Actually, are beer nights now retro?

Well, the most recent one most certainly was!

So, thinking of a get together, themed to celebrate the 98/99 launch of the Dreamcast, 20 years ago!
    So, all things Sega but mostly Dreamcast goodness.
    What do people think?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, thinking of a get together, themed to celebrate the 98/99 launch of the Dreamcast, 20 years ago!
    So, all things Sega but mostly Dreamcast goodness.
    What do people think?
    Yes, I'll bring my DC bag

Any ideas of dates that would suit folk?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Will it be like the Dreamcast episode of consolevania?

I'll try make it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Obligatory "I'd like to make this if I'm free" :D

I'm terrible at everything but it would be nice to get some multiplayer going on Typing of the Dead, MvC, THPS, MSR etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jaysus, the 30/10/2019 is the ten year anniversary of this thread?

I'd happily have everyone over to mine if ye are up to it.

Its miles off in the future and I'm in the middle of th city centre so no excuses :D

If someone could sell me a Time Crisis machine in the meantime that would be excellent :eek:

I'm imagining having Samba De Amigo, MSR, Space Channel 5 and Crazy Taxi going, but also some MD, Saturn and, heavens forbid, MegaCD/32X action going!
    Sure, have a think again about a date, maybe late March, or earlier?
    Up to you guys.

I have a Lolita meet up sometime in March but it's during the day so I can still go in the evening.
    Confirmation in the 29th that's a Friday so definitely out for me.

How does the 8th of March suit people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

I'd love to go up but man, the effort!

Will there chilli dogs though? Jkjk

And mustard...

Big the Cat cosplay, everyone's fav Sonic character if anyone wants to stick to the theme.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/621019689/full-big-the-cat-cosplay

Will there be
    220px-Seaman_Coverart.png
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And mustard...
    That Buffy song is gonna get stuck in my head again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm up for it if anyone can give me a lift! :P

Ohh also... I can bring two DC keyboards and a copy of Typing of the Dead if anyone fancies it?

That would be not only preferable but expected!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The 8th should be good with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Ok planning to show up too, but you know... me & plans... :D

• Advertisement

Ooooh.

If I bring a packet of Sonic the Hedgehog curry can we please make it and can I please film it? :P

I can't consume it due to my Coeliac disease but I think it could be fun!

Advertisement