Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I won't be able to make Saturday unfortunately!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, Saturday is fine, Sunday is quiet in here!
    Of course, now I've said it....

But yeah, all those that can, it's my place on Saturday so come along.
    Suits me too, I've a painting to finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

See you all on Saturday so, it should be a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Gives me a full 24 hours to get good at the new Smash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Will I bring Switch controllers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think so, I've a few here that'll work, I've the GC adaptor and some of those controllers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sorry all but Saturday is perfect for us :p

Gives me a bit more freedom to get bits on Friday. This is a busy busy week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Off to see Die Hard on Saturday unfortunately, so I won't see ya at the party, pal :(

Have a good night everyone!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Off to see Die Hard on Saturday unfortunately, so I won't see ya at the party, pal :(

Have a good night everyone!

Snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Hi Guys, Can't make Saturday as the wife is taking me out for my birthday, Damn and damn again.

• Advertisement

All the shopping done so just time to wrap this evening over a beer.

Have two bits of retro goodness to put into the random Santa box for me and little ms sparks :)

Really looking forward to seeing you all

Sparks43 wrote: »
    All the shopping done so just time to wrap this evening over a beer.

Have two bits of retro goodness to put into the random Santa box for me and little ms sparks :)

Really looking forward to seeing you all
    I wrapped mine yesterday, got extra for the randon pressie box, mostly naffy or kinda naff but a one or two nice things as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

can't make it tonight I'm afraid. I had things planned already to saturday, one of which includes picking up Fiona from the airport late ... and she's very particular about me showing up at the airport to pick her up on the same day she lands

BGOllie wrote: »
    can't make it tonight I'm afraid. I had things planned already to saturday, one of which includes picking up Fiona from the airport late ... and she's very particular about me showing up at the airport to pick her up on the same day she lands

You know I live beside the airport, right?

u moved to Shannon ?? well that changes EVERYTHING! :D:D

If she’s flying in from the west then tell her to get a Shannon to Dublin Flight.

Other way-Parachute

Problem solved :p

Hope you lads have a good time tonight :)

You mean there's another airport?!?
    Wow!

have fun. sorry I couldn't make it I had a copy of Monsterboy for Switch , it would have been cool to show it

Thanks to the dozens of people who arrived for the Xmas Beers, so sorry that many had to be turned away at the door.
    Also, apparently there is to be an enquiry held due to the null-state of pizza on offer this evening, which we hope to have ready to conduct, following a scoping exercise, sometime in 2023...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Hey guys I know it's been ages since I visited you guys in the far far lands beyond Swords, but I hope you all had great time!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thanks to the dozens of people who arrived for the Xmas Beers, so sorry that many had to be turned away at the door.
    Also, apparently there is to be an enquiry held due to the null-state of pizza on offer this evening, which we hope to have ready to conduct, following a scoping exercise, sometime in 2023...

The lack of pizza was made up by a wonderful array of food and lovely spicy chicken that was terrifying and also amazing.

Thank you so much for a fabulous evening. A+R is a brilliant community and through the years we have always had a great laugh. I am honored to be a part of it. Little ms sparks loved every minute of it.

An early Happy Xmas to all and in 2019 we will have more amazing Beers.

I'm in work!
    Hooray!

And, maybe we could try for a location a bit more central next time?

There are so many of our number living here and there around the country, might be more inclusive that way.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

Just looking at the start of this thread, next years Christmas beers will be the 10th anniversary of the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks...

Inviere wrote: »
    Just looking at the start of this thread, next years Christmas beers will be the 10th anniversary of the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks...

You going to make a promise now to turn up... then cancel on the 6th of December citing "reasons"? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You going to make a promise now to turn up... then cancel on the 6th of December citing "reasons"? ;)

That's what we do is it not? :D

Inviere wrote: »
    That's what we do is it not? :D

That I would sell my collection then buy them back again was mentioned last night, what are we both if not prisoners of our worst habits!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thanks a mill to the ciderhousehold for hosting last night and the food, despite the disturbing lack of pizza. Great to see yis all again!

Just back home, nice cozy night it was great and I actually played some games, shocking!. Thanks so much for everything, torn between opening them all and keeping them lol.
    A few things to post on New Gets soon.

• Advertisement

orig

Advertisement