Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I’m actually really happy to see these too getting on well. Maverick was at the VR Ranch last week too.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CFUk99uCg1Z

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Scotty # wrote: »
    Hmmm... or perhaps VR|46 ??

I don't buy the spin from Rossi and SRT. There's either a serious stalemate over something OR, Rossi is holding off .
    Confirmed VR46 will not be in Moto GP in 2021 , 2022 possible,as the Suzuki satellite team probably.

Dorna wants 6 manufacturers 4 bikes each .

Qualifying was crazy this afternoon - Mir has probably blown his chance to win with a poor qualifying, Bagnia has great race pace.

That was a good race ! Gutted for one rider though.

Barcelona next weekend - should suit the Ducatis then again !

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Infoanon wrote: »
    That was a good race ! Gutted for one rider though.

Barcelona next weekend - should suit the Ducatis then again !

Don’t think it would have made a difference. The winner was very quick especially towards the end.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Don’t think it would have made a difference. The winner was very quick especially towards the end.

Very true - pressure had already being building

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Finally got to watch one live!. Deserved winner, pity about the level of dnf but some good racing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Nice to see Alex Marquez finally show some potential.

Great race from Vinales but begs the question... why not that aggressive every race??

I was expecting more from Quartararo. . He's the only Yamaha that sill has 5 engines. With a max of 7 races left I thought they would have cranked him up a bit but looking at the max speeds, it doesn't look like they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

Unreal championship this year!

At this point, if anyone in the top 10 can put 3 good podiums in a row they'll almost have one hand on the trophy!

Quatararo won the first 2 and has almost done nothing since, but still is 1 point off the top. Mir seems to have some momentum. Wonder what odds you'd get on him?

Could 2020 be one of those strange years where the rider who wins the championship doesn't actually win a race!

h3000 wrote: »

RossI said weeks ago it would be announced at Barcelona !

Rossi saying he is not competitive enough to win the championship - found something on Saturday but it didn't work on Sunday. Rossi is now 26 points behind Dovi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

RossI said weeks ago it would be announced at Barcelona !

Rossi saying he is not competitive enough to win the championship - found something on Saturday but it didn't work on Sunday. Rossi is now 26 points behind Dovi.

Still not sure how he lost the front yesterday.

Magown3 wrote: »
    Could 2020 be one of those strange years where the rider who wins the championship doesn't actually win a race!

Can't think of a year when the champion didn't win a race ?

It's possible that Mir could do what Fabio did in 19 and not win despite the odds.
    Mir should have won already this season - he has been fast on Sundays on a regular basis - alas his qualifying is poor ,if he can qualify on the first two rows a win is possible even probable !

All eyes will be on Maverick at Barcelona to see if he can win again or will he drop back to mid field.
    Vinales blaming Yamahas tyre technician for race one doesn't instill confidence.

Bagnia & Pol are possible winners this season and Binder has another win in him - the result will be a very tight championship where podiums will be important - Joan Mir is the guy ticking that box.

Bradl & Cal due back at Barcelona - Cals injury looks serious though.

Who from Rossi's crew will transfer to SRT and who will pay for them.

Don't know who's paying the wages but, chief engineer David Munoz, telemetry operator Matteo Flamigni, and coach Idalio Gavira are confirmed as making the move. 1 year deal with Rossi expected to race for VR|46 in 2022 possible with Luca Marini (ie. his brother) and most likely on a Suzuki.

Magown3 wrote: »
    Unreal championship this year!

At this point, if anyone in the top 10 can put 3 good podiums in a row they'll almost have one hand on the trophy!

At one stage yesterday we could have had 3 riders sharing the championship lead. It's all pointing towards a cracking finale but Spain had 14,000 new cases on Friday and is back over 200 deaths per day. With 5 of the remaining 7 races due to be held in Spain, this championship could be over at any time.

https://twitter.com/denkmit/status/1308813088670593025

It's the worst year I can remember for injuries.

Crutchlow reckons he'll be fine to ride.

He also says that Aprilia are not making a decision on next years line up until after Iannone's appeal (next month I think?).

I can't see Iannone winning the appeal and infact, the WADA are also appealing the 18 month ban and are trying to get it expended to the full 4 years. I think this is actually more likely to happen.

Iannone was in the paddock last week at Misano. He's certainly not popular with any of the BT Sport crew. They mentioned him several times and it sounded like he was most unwelcome. They also commented on how he was seen in several garages despite strict social distancing protocol between teams.

Crutchlow reckons he'll be fine to ride.

He also says that Aprilia are not making a decision on next years line up until after Iannone's appeal (next month I think?).

I can't see Iannone winning the appeal and infact, the WADA are also appealing the 18 month ban and are trying to get it expended to the full 4 years. I think this is actually more likely to happen.

Iannone was in the paddock last week at Misano. He's certainly not popular with any of the BT Sport crew. They mentioned him several times and it sounded like he was most unwelcome. They also commented on how he was seen in several garages despite strict social distancing protocol between teams.
    Iannone is FenatIs manager...

Iannone won't be forgiven for leading Suzuki down the wrong path for 2 years.
    Bizzarely if Iannone had not appealed he would be back riding shortly.

Iannone is FenatIs manager...
    Yea Hodgson mentioned this last week with a snarky comment something like "sure who else would be his manager only another rule breaker" or something to that effect.
    Bizzarely if Iannone had not appealed he would be back riding shortly.
    I dunno, I think WADA were going to appeal anyway, but regardless, it seems it was bad advice from his solicitor (or perhaps Aprilia) to issue an appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

Speaking of Fenati, I was happy to see him win last week. He took his punishment which was well deserved, kept his head down, and now some redemption at least for his hard work.

https://twitter.com/denkmit/status/1308813088670593025

It's the worst year I can remember for injuries.

Just to add that a Honda team member working for LCR has tested positive for Covid 19 - Cal did mention being down on team members (another 3 are isolating with negative tests)

No place for Alex Briggs in Petronas or Yamaha next year. Hopefully we might see him back at VR46 in MotoGP in 2022. I wonder was part of the delay signing the contract due to Vale trying to bring other team members with him.
    https://twitter.com/Alex__Briggs/status/1309387538256334848
    https://twitter.com/Alex__Briggs/status/1309387811573899264
    https://twitter.com/Alex__Briggs/status/1309388004654538752
    https://twitter.com/Alex__Briggs/status/1309388156672770049

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Surely a lot of those mechanics will hop to the vr46 team when they arrive.

Vr46 will be an extra team ? Not replacing another so two teams of new mechanics needed.

Getting the feeling that Rossi / SRT is a marriage of inconvenience ....

VR46 Suzuki Moto GP 2022 just took another step forward imho

I hoping and looking forward to that happening.

Getting the feeling that Rossi / SRT is a marriage of inconvenience ....

This is what I was saying a few weeks ago. SRT never wanted Rossi or at least, never gave the impression they wanted Rossi. It completely goes against their ethos to hire a rider who's 'over the hill'. Yes, he'll sell them lots of tshirts and baseball caps (Does VR46 Apparel already own Petronas merch rights?) but it always looked to me like he didn't really want to go there and they didn't really want to take him.

Race day - +1 hour for race times today,

Qualifying has thrown up more questions than answers.

Disaster for Dovi and Pecco and surely Dovi will lose his championship lead today and what is supposed to be a Ducati circuits.
    Another dissapointing quali for Mir - makes it very hard to be on the top spot on the podium.
    While last weeks hero is the slowest Yamaha.

Morbidellis pole time on used tyres is indicative of great race pace ,Rossi also has good race pace with Zarco capable of winning.

Max Biaggi is the latest to put Mir as favourite for the championship.

Today's race - Morbidelli / Rossi battle with a podium for Mir !

Decisive weekend in 2 of the championships..

Next it's Le Man's - cold and wet conditions highly likely

The disappointment :(

The way it was panning out the top step of the podium was a strong possibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

And I was having a lovely Sunday.....

In troubled times I watch this

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/252542/

Advertisement