Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I know this might sound a bit crazy but I don’t think one could rule Marc Marquez out of the championship fight just yet. It’s a crazy season so far.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Nearly got sick watching the replay of the crash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Nearly got sick watching the replay of the crash

That's how I felt after the Moto 2 crash.

Miller has brought up safety now in his post race interview.

Rossi was white after that.

Thank goodness all ok.

Pol - same mistake as last week - and you could see it happening with so much pent up annoyance after the red flag.

Maverick.....lucky in the crash but also in getting points - his first lap was a horror show.

Didn't hear Keith Huewen mentioning a fight between managers - know he is keen on a Petrucci / Espagaro (A) pinch up !

My second slightly mad idea of the day...... would an incident like that slow Vale in signing up for a new contract? I mean that with the greatest respect. I’m the biggest Vale fan. He obviously doesn’t do it or need it for the money and does it for the love of racing bikes but something like that would scare anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

h3000 wrote: »
    I know this might sound a bit crazy but I don’t think one could rule Marc Marquez out of the championship fight just yet. It’s a crazy season so far.

I agree, he is due back for Misano so he could have 9 races left and he'll really be determined to beat everyone. He could do it. Fabio and Maverick haven't taken advantage enough since round 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

That crash ****. All riders reported conscious. Let’s hope all will be okay. Syahrin took a big one.

There's footage of him in hospital giving the thumbs up so thank god hes okay. Turn number 1 is so dangerous there. And after the Morbidelli/Zarco crash if there are any more big crashes next weekend I could see it been taken off the calendar. Could have easily have had a fatality there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

Rossie did not dodge a bullet,he dodged two. What are the freakin' odds of that? Milliseconds away from certain fatality or serious injury at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I was glad when that race was over.
    Horrible sequence of corners from turn 1 through 3, probably a better track run backwards.

Just watching again looks like Rossi missed the entry to the turn, if he was on the line he was getting walloped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

EB_2013 wrote: »
    I agree, he is due back for Misano so he could have 9 races left and he'll really be determined to beat everyone. He could do it. Fabio and Maverick haven't taken advantage enough since round 1.

And with the exception of Portimao, which wasn't on the calendar, Marquez won at all the remaining tracks last year.

He'll have to be on it from the moment he comes back and not bin it for the rest of the season probably, but you can't rule him out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I wonder are Ducati kicking themselves...again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

My buddy text me "DID YOU SEE THAT CRASH?", thinking to myself that it can't have been that bad...oh was I wrong.

Insane how no one was seriously injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭4Ad

Gintonious wrote: »
    My buddy text me "DID YOU SEE THAT CRASH?", thinking to myself that it can't have been that bad...oh was I wrong.

Insane how no one was seriously injured.

Did you see the crash in the moto2 race ??
    I thought the rider was dead...terrifying also...

Scotty # wrote: »
    I wonder are Ducati kicking themselves...again?

Ducati are far too arrogant for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

4Ad wrote: »
    Did you see the crash in the moto2 race ??
    I thought the rider was dead...terrifying also...

Insane that no one (in any of the races), was seriously hurt, pure miracle.

The fake celebrations after the win was cringeworthy - where to now for Dovi and Ducati ?,

Can't see him going to Aprilla or WSBK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Beltby wrote: »
    I'd like to hear who Pol Espargaro is going to blame for this one.

was i the only one who though the way pol acted all weekend was very childish. even refusing to accept an apology from zarco a few days after they had what was clearly a racing incident

is it certain he will be back for misano and if so how will he manage back on the bike with that arm

they are but lets just say dovi wins one or two more races or god forbid he wins a championship. what are the chance they throw a blank cheque at him to stay. with the possibility of no other ride in the paddock would dovi stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Crazy to think that Dovi has taken 28% of Ducati's premier class wins

• Advertisement

Grim. wrote: »
    Crazy to think that Dovi has taken 28% of Ducati's premier class wins

Dovi is under rated probably due to his time at Honda , Dovi effectly rebuild Ducati from winless to dominance on numerous circuits something that not even Rossi could manage.

It's as scary to think that before 2016 Dovi had only one race win and that was in a very unusual race in wet conditions that Edwards should have won

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    what are the chance they throw a blank cheque at him to stay.

I don't think it's actually about the money, apparently he lives quite a frugal lifestyle, it's more about him not being made an ejit of. Dovi took a paycut a few years ago and then Ducati signed Lorenzo for million more than Dovi was on. Dovi way out performed Lorenzo and finished runner up three years on the trot.

According to Simon Peterson, he's asked for €X and they've offered him just half. The rumour is he wanted €10M. If he accepted the €5M, it would be less than his current contract.

Dovi is 34 so this is most likely his last contract. Understandably, as runner up the last 3 years, and looking at Marc just after signing a 4 year deal for €100M, he feels he's worth more than what's being offered. But I think the final nail in the coffin was being told by Ducati that they wouldn't make any decision til after Austria.

He could just be calling their bluff though.

Zarco to start from the pits on Sunday as a penalty for the incident last week.

Miller fastest this morning.

Scotty # wrote: »
    Zarco to start from the pits on Sunday as a penalty for the incident last week.

Miller fastest this morning.

Ridiculous penalty - less than a second covers the grid this morning !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Infoanon wrote: »
    Ridiculous penalty - less than a second covers the grid this morning !
    It most certainly is when you consider previous "indiscretions" by wonderboy Marquez which have gone without penalty.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Ridiculous penalty...
    Talk of him not being fit to race anyway after his wrist surgery so he may just start from the pits and retire after one lap. That'll be his penalty served.

It was pouring out of Masia bike - Moto GP quali looking crucial for tomorrows race

Bagnia and Zarco signed for 2021 to Ducati ,Tito already confirmed.
    Which teams / bikes to be confirmed at Misano.

Jorge Martin is believed to have signed with Ducati earlier in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

Zarco has bonded well with the Ducati. Busted wrist and he goes 3rd, just because he could. Starting from the pitlane he didn't even have to take part in qualifying at all.

Advertisement