Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Balor should take the title, Cole is just off a long reign, he should have been called up to Raw or SD before Keith Lee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

:o
    ThePott wrote: »
    Would be much better tbh.
    NXT was one of the big things that got me into wrestling properly.
    Their booking has gone to the dogs especially with counter programming schtick.

The show was great but lately since AEW kicked off and the show has been less consistent, I find myself binging it to catch up before a Takeover. If they can have better ratings and a better show on Tuesday then they should move.

While I agree they have been cpunter booking, they have had a bad hand to a degree.

Lees reign was hindered by the main roster call up and the injury of Kross did them no favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »

While I agree they have been cpunter booking, they have had a bad hand to a degree.

Lees reign was hindered by the main roster call up and the injury of Kross did them no favours.

I do think it’s one of the clear advantages AEW have over NXT is at the moments notice Vince can just decide to call someone up and scupper plans

Injuries happen and not much they can do about that

sky88 wrote: »
    I do think it’s one of the clear advantages AEW have over NXT is at the moments notice Vince can just decide to call someone up and scupper plans

Injuries happen and not much they can do about that

Cole Gargano and Ciampa need to go to freshen the product up.

Leave Balor to be champ and build him up to a match with Walter.

It will leave room for others like Kushida, Swerve, Grimes, Priest, Dain and Escobar to grow.

Cole Gargano and Ciampa need to go to freshen the product up.

Leave Balor to be champ and build him up to a match with Walter.

It will leave room for others like Kushida, Swerve, Grimes, Priest, Dain and Escobar to grow.

Rumours of a draft soon which I’m hoping freshen up the rosters all round hopefully moves from main roster to NXT

I don’t even think NXT is that bad I just think it can be improved with some small changes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

I mean even before their reigns, those things I understand but in general it's been a sloppier show in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I would argue that crazy double champ booking was done because they were calling him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wade Barrett is pretty good on commentary and his style suites NXT. They should sign him and have him perform in the ring on and off

Really hope Finn wins, another Adam Cole title run would be overkill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Starting off the show?

I smell shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,871 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Starting off the show?

I smell shenanigans.

They're going an hour to set up another match.....

• Advertisement

Really hope we get another heel balor run

up the irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Great match again!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Great match again!

Would have been 7 stars if it took place in Daily's place.

Great match with Finn and Cole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,309 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So used to shenanigans causing an opening title match to become the closing match, but don't think that happens too often on NXT.

Was just thinking, what happened that guy who was being referred to as the next Edge? Think I've seen him in the crowd

****ing virus we could of got NXT champion vs NXT UK champion in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ****ing virus we could of got NXT champion vs NXT UK champion in Dublin

If it happened in April as original would we have though?

If it happened in April as original would we have though?

Maybe not champion vs champion but think they were going with Finn vs Walter

Makes it even more frustrating, Octobers show yet to be cancelled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I like Robbie E but they need to start moving him away from the Tony Khan parody now for me.

• Advertisement

I like Robbie E but they need to start moving him away from the Tony Khan parody now for me.

Yeah he is a parody character. He can be used better.

NXT kille dit this week.

Main event was awesome. Opener was awesome, some decent tv matches with story progression in between.

Cant fault it much.

Yes it was a cracking episode, They killed Rhea's momentum when she was on a great run now they are trying to build that back up is just typical of the WWE.

Not sure what they do with Finn as Champion thought, Is he there to put other over or lead the company if so then he will be going over all the talent that they need to promote before calling them up to the main shows.

Yes it was a cracking episode, They killed Rhea's momentum when she was on a great run now they are trying to build that back up is just typical of the WWE.

Not sure what they do with Finn as Champion thought, Is he there to put other over or lead the company if so then he will be going over all the talent that they need to promote before calling them up to the main shows.

They feed Finn to Walter. Thats what they do. Maybe give him a feud or two before they meet but it has to be Walter eventually. No one on his level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,871 ✭✭✭hynesie08

They feed Finn to Walter. Thats what they do. Maybe give him a feud or two before they meet but it has to be Walter eventually. No one on his level.

Walter is adament he's never moving to the US though.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Walter is adament he's never moving to the US though.

Really.... I was not aware of that.

Id say never say never

838k and the 15th ranked cable show of the night.

It's still the over 50's that is there main audience.

Again showing they would be better off on Tuesday running there own show instead of trying counter program AEW on Wednesdays.

It’s amazing how little of each other’s audience both companies take when unopposed last 2 weeks

Seems to be about 100kish that both go up

have to laugh, when the face runs out and attacks the heel,security are very fast to come out but when its the other way around it takes a while

This happens in NXT a lot and Kusida attacking Dream shows it

It’s amazing how little of each other’s audience both companies take when unopposed last 2 weeks

Seems to be about 100kish that both go up

Id say that roughly the same audience in total watch each show.

Id imagine a lot watch via youtobe clips, DVR recordings and catch up service.

Like everyone I know who watches AEW , record or catch up on NXT, and vice versa.

My guess is that most viewers are just in a habit of watching shows in their prefered medium.

Watching live is not something that you have to do anymore with so many ways to catch it later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Really.... I was not aware of that.

Id say never say never

I remember that being a thing when he signed, and why he was okay to be an anchor for the UK brand

With NXT live the last year it's even more unlikely, before when they done the batch tapings he could fly in once a month for the day or two that takes and be done

I remember that being a thing when he signed, and why he was okay to be an anchor for the UK brand

With NXT live the last year it's even more unlikely, before when they done the batch tapings he could fly in once a month for the day or two that takes and be done

Youd imagine his Survivor Series appearance hasnt helped matters.

That said hes an obvious star, potential to be Undertaker big. If WWE think he has the same potential I would imagine they could tempt him.

NXT UK have announced an 8 man tournament for the Heritage Cup. 7 names have been revealed
    Noam Dar,
    Alexander Wolfe,
    Flash Morgan Webster,
    A Kid,
    Dave Mastiff,
    Trent Seven,
    Joseph Conners.

The show returns properly next week with the tournament kicking off the following week. That same week also sees Kay Lee Ray defending her title against Piper Niven.

Guess he could also have a few matches if he wanted too

$$$ talks at the end of the day after all his negatively about WWE in the past

Actually think Xia's new look does looks a bit more heel like, somehow.

So next week includes a 5 man gauntlet match with others joining every 4 minutes rather than waiting for someone to be eliminated.

Found it strange Kyle coming to Jake Atlas's aid and confronting Ciampa. With him appearing in the promo video for the gauntlet match, singles push?

After the story they had with Drake earlier, they seem to be turning him into a bit of a joke again.

Wonder how McGuinness feels about them taking on Wade after letting him go. Though will see tomorrow wo's commentating NXT UK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »

Wonder how McGuinness feels about them taking on Wade after letting him go. Though will see tomorrow wo's commentating NXT UK.

Did BT Sports not already announced McGuinness is commentating on NXT UK?

Ah, cool.
    Was just checking his twitter and could hear his voice in my head saying then. Really strange.

Think the main shows could learn how to use fake fan noise from NXT UK. I had to check to see if there was anyone in attendance as the reactions seemed appropriate each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

NXT have first dibs on Corey Taylor's new track Culture Head from his forthcoming solo album.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1308798710168670208

anyone think Bobby Roode is behind the new mystery vignettes ?

• Advertisement

Bolieve

It's being reported now that the latest Covid outbreak was down to a party thrown by NXT talent and then they spread it out to others.

It's being reported now that the latest Covid outbreak was down to a party thrown by NXT talent and then they spread it out to others.

Daddy Hunter will give them all a good talking too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I saw that. Gob****es the lot of them. Why the hell was there a party of any kind ?

Bolieve

Think him going back to NXT could really help him in the long run

An ultra serious character this time round who looks back at distain on his main roster one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I saw that. Gob****es the lot of them. Why the hell was there a party of any kind ?

A lot of wrestlers are right leaning. A lot of them are young. And Florida is not somewhere thats really doing social distancing.

Being honest, I'm shocked it took this long to happen....

Yep not surprised at all by the aew or nxt outbreaks as tsc a lot of right leaning wrestlers who probably think it’s a hoax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    A lot of wrestlers are right leaning. A lot of them are young. And Florida is not somewhere thats really doing social distancing.

Being honest, I'm shocked it took this long to happen....

I doubt that this current crop of nxt talent especially are what you’d call right leaning. Others in the company may be but whether they are or not surely to Christ they are able to engage their Brains and realise holding a party in a pandemic isn’t the shrewdest move ever. And also a lot of the nxt people are non American so again you’d expect them to have some cop on. Maybe I’m giving them too much credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sami needs to go down there and crack some skulls.

Just reading there that Beth Phoenix has been doing all the commentary from home and hasn't attended any of the tapings.

Maybe this has been common knowledge and I just hadn't seen it before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement