Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-09-2020, 13:28   #16
djan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theteal View Post
A daily visit to https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/ to click on the "daily set" and "more activities" is 100 points.
I got 75 for visiting 3 days in a row.
I think 500 for setting Bing as mobile search - that's obviously just a once off.
Then there are the searches with normal browser, mobile and Edge combine to 222 point (attached pic) - just search something like "Movies 2020", click the first result and the the screen should change to show a horizontal list, a click on each of that list counts as a search, takes no time.
I may be missing a few other little bits and that's before I even turn on the xbox or gamepass app. I will give the xbox daily/weeklies a go as well again it can provide a nice little bump.

Also upon checking, it's only 2300 in 4 days so I slightly overestimated.
I assume you or your account is based in the US? The local version seems to have no option to earn from searches using bing.
Advertisement
24-09-2020, 14:25   #17
theteal

Quote:
Originally Posted by djan View Post
I assume you or your account is based in the US? The local version seems to have no option to earn from searches using bing.
UK
24-09-2020, 15:58   #18
Treppen

Quote:
Originally Posted by theteal View Post
UK
Fair play to you, we are getting ROYALLY screwed in Ireland.

Have you your Xbox set to uk Region or are you actually in the UK region?

There's a few cases on r/microsoftrewards of people getting banned by switching account regions to get points, so be careful how you tread.
Do you use vpn for phone /pc quests?

I started in Ireland region so not sure if I should risk a switch! But I'm really getting pi553d off at the low points available. I'm only on 22,000 after 3 months hard slog now.

BTW be careful of the expiry date of gift cards, it's actually the day before the date on the card!

Last edited by Treppen; 24-09-2020 at 16:01.
24-09-2020, 16:03   #19
marcbrophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treppen View Post
BTW be careful of the expiry date of gift cards, it's actually the day before the date on the card!
I redeemed a €25 store card on Monday!
It's just a deduction against your Microsoft account balance now!
So my balance went from €0 to -€25
I don't think it expires either!
Thanks from:
24-09-2020, 16:26   #20
Treppen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcbrophy View Post
Was 25 the max available?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-09-2020, 17:20   #21
theteal

Quote:

There's a few cases on r/microsoftrewards of people getting banned by switching account regions to get points, so be careful how you tread.

I started in Ireland region so not sure if I should risk a switch! But I'm really getting pi553d off at the low points available. I'm only on 22,000 after 3 months hard slog now.

No, no, I've been UK based for nearly a decade now, nothing dodgy going on. Well that's crap, I thought the times of Ireland getting screwed for stuff like that was over - do ye get Amazon deliveries???

I was on about 800 since the start of this rewards scheme as I really didn't give it much thought. Blew that lot on sweepstakes too. Currently on 4489 which is basically the afore mentioned slog of daily/weely challenges on the xbox istelf from a few months ago (about 2000) and then the bulk added in the last 4 days since my awakening.

So going back to my original question, does anybody know if we're allowed buy/redeem multiple vouchers in one go? As mentioned, I reckon I could have enough points for £75 of vouchers by March. That combined with some TopCashBack redeemed as more xb/ms vouchers I could well have half the price of an XSX accumulated by the time I'm aiming to buy.
Thanks from:
24-09-2020, 17:25   #22
theteal

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcbrophy View Post
From the MS rewards Redeem page

Quote:
Restrictions:

*Promotional gift card. Spend within 90 days of deposit. Works with Microsoft Store online, Windows 10, Xbox One and Xbox 360 (Xbox Live required). Does not work at physical Microsoft Stores. Once redeemed to your Microsoft account, the full code value will be applied and may be used for eligible purchases (exclusions apply) made directly at select Microsoft digital stores. Eligible purchases and prices vary by region, device, and over time. Geography limitations, country and balance restrictions, taxes, and Internet connection fees may apply. Paid subscriptions required for some content. Age restrictions apply. Except as required by law, credit cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash and is not refundable. To read full terms and conditions (which may change without notice), go to www.microsoft.com/cardterms. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Cards and codes issued by and ©/™/® Microsoft Corp, a Washington Corporation, and/or its affiliates.
Thanks from:
24-09-2020, 18:18   #23
marcbrophy

90 days is pretty weak, if I'm honest!

25 is the only denomination available on the xbox app, but if you go the their website, you can get 5, 10 or 25
25-09-2020, 09:24   #24
JohnB123456

is there an issue with these quests not giving the rewards points?
I got stuck into it last night but a lot of things I got no points for
Advertisement
25-09-2020, 09:52   #25
theteal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB123456 View Post
Actually I got a few in Ninja Gaiden last night that didn't register as my "Achievement in a Game Pass game" Quest. I did however get 250 point for getting an achievement in The Division but that wasn't a Quest in Game Pass, that was just in the Rewards app. I'm thinking the Quests has a bit of a bug
25-09-2020, 11:50   #26
JohnB123456

I guess I will chance getting onto support maybe with some screenshots then, thanks
25-09-2020, 15:29   #27
Treppen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB123456 View Post
Plagued with issues.

Any particular one?
25-09-2020, 15:58   #28
Enfilade

Quote:

DO NOT DO IT !!!!!!!! Speaking as someone who even though I was super careful they still sniffed me out and permanently banned me. Appeals failed and I lost close to 35k points. You'll only know you've been banned too if you try to redeem the points.

Still pisses me off every time a rewards quest pops on the xbox.
Thanks from:
25-09-2020, 19:55   #29
JohnB123456

Quote:
Plagued with issues.

Any particular one?
4 different ones, but support said this:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Rewards support. My name is Ronaldo. We look forward for every opportunity to assist you regarding Microsoft Rewards.

I understand that you’re not getting the points from completing Game Pass quests. You mentioned you’ve done them on your PC with Game Pass. We apologize for the confusion. Please allow me to explain.

The tasks for Xbox Game Pass quests should be completed on your Xbox console. This is the reason why you’re not getting the points.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your continued participation in Microsoft Rewards. If you have questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Ronaldo
Microsoft Rewards support
25-09-2020, 19:56   #30
JohnB123456

but some did work on PC so I am confused

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text