Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

«13456728

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ Treppen


    Ok so an update. I've missed out on tonnes of points by not downloading the Rewards app on the Xbox console itself. There's extra punch cards there.

    I should have watched this guide first;




    Currently on 5267 points

    Hopefully I can convert all these millions of points to MS gift cards for a new console maybe!

    few other things to note:
    • Searching on Bing wont give you any points.
    • Daily Achevement on any Gamepass game for 50 points never works and is a known issue.
    • Complain on the Rewards Support if you're not getting an achievement and they are relatively good at rectifying it within a day or so.
    • To get the points for logging in on the mobile app it's not a case of just opening the app, you have to sign out and then sign in again which is a pain.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭ djan


    Treppen wrote: »
    Ok so an update. I've missed out on tonnes of points by not downloading the Rewards app on the Xbox console itself. There's extra punch cards there.

    I should have watched this guide first;




    Currently on 5267 points

    Hopefully I can convert all these millions of points to MS gift cards for a new console maybe!

    few other things to note:
    • Searching on Bing wont give you any points.
    • Daily Achevement on any Gamepass game for 50 points never works and is a known issue.
    • Complain on the Rewards Support if you're not getting an achievement and they are relatively good at rectifying it within a day or so.
    • To get the points for logging in on the mobile app it's not a case of just opening the app, you have to sign out and then sign in again which is a pain.

    Just on the mobile app, all you need is to make sure you close it fully. As in swipe it away from the recent apps drawer. Then start as normal.


  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭ Techniques07


    Treppen wrote: »
    [*]Daily Achevement on any Gamepass game for 50 points never works and is a known issue.
    [/LIST]

    That's odd, I've only ever had a problem with this twice and that was a few weeks ago when Xbox Live was having issues. What never works for me is the installing 5 games from the app. I've missed out on 100's of points not being able to collect that and it's 100 points for doing it this month. Is that just me?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ Treppen


    djan wrote: »
    Just on the mobile app, all you need is to make sure you close it fully. As in swipe it away from the recent apps drawer. Then start as normal.

    Ya tried that but it must be running in the background


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ Treppen


    That's odd, I've only ever had a problem with this twice and that was a few weeks ago when Xbox Live was having issues. What never works for me is the installing 5 games from the app. I've missed out on 100's of points not being able to collect that and it's 100 points for doing it this month. Is that just me?

    The 5 games from app works ok for me! Does it say on your app that it's queued for install ?


    Just goes to show their reward system is crazy, people saying you have to click on the reward icon 20 times and then the achievement magically appears. It's bordering on doing a raindance to get certain rewards to work :pac:

    Here's the 50 achieve more reward more issue on reddit. The solutions are funny , if not sad because the lengths that people have to go to .
    1) I play a game for sometime 2) log out of the profile on Xbox. 2) log back in 3) click on any of the other 5 points / weekly quest tiles in MS rewards app( basically claim some diff points. 4) Click see all button so the achievement more section expands 5) Mash the achievement more tile.

    I have noticed the above steps work for me 99% of the times if the achievement is gained after 8:00 PM EST( it works flawlessly later in the night Ie without any of the above steps.

    Also any achievement earned around the time mentioned above let’s us claim the achieve more tile the next day too ( if claimed before 5:00 PM EST. Earlier it would only work till 4:00 PM but couple of times it has worked around 5:00 too)

    YMMV

    Edit: at times the app doesn’t register the achievement no matter what we do. Also I do the above steps when normal clicking doesn’t work
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftRewards/comments/hre1o5/50_points_a_day_for_any_achievement_rarely_works/

    I got a reply from microsoft this morning that my 50 points weren't added so they manually added 50. I replied saying I was owed at least 50 x 50 achievement points for the last 2 months!!!

    We'll see what they get back with.

    What I find good about the customer service is that you can just reply to the email (rather than resubmit) and it would appear that the have to get back to you.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ Treppen


    Ok 50 rewards solved.
    You have to download the console rewards app and click on the icon for" achieve more reward more" as soon as you get the achievement notification.

    Microsoft support got back to me and told me to screenshot the achievements I got every day and they would add it on but id need a few hours set aside to do all that.

    Here the latest for Gears 4 for 550 points. The first activate punch card isn't registering for me yet so I'll wait!


    There's a few easy 'watch preview for 5 points' in the console rewards app too.

    Some people in the UK are getting a 4xpoints for installing / updating the phone app but no such luck here yet.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ Treppen


    Bing searches on your phone giving rewards now.... Hooray... Check your Xbox rewards app for details and to turn them in .

    BTW Fractured Minds gives very quick achievements for Achieve More Earn More Daily 50 points on Xbox rewards app.

    Follow the quick walkthrough here



    Be careful though, if you are doing other daily quests that earn achievements don't use up the Fractured Minds to quick.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ Treppen


    New games up... Remember to install them through your phone



    The Red Dead Redemption 2 quest just requires you to download the game and start it, ..... Ya that's right, download the whole 119GB!! No early start. Dunno what the story is if you have it already.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ Treppen


    Ok 2 easy ones.

    Cities Skylines

    Pass 50 days, so basically do nothing and hit the fast forward button.



    Also, There's a very easy Achievement for game. When you've complete the above hold down Y and press down on the DPad...this will open up a sort of legend on the left hand side. Simply go down the legend with the DPad and just highlight each Icon...this with give you the Achievement "Well Informed"

    DayZ
    Just download and start a game. Hooray you've survived the Zombie apocalypse.

    Check out the console rewards app for others.

    50pts Achieve More Earn More still not punching in btw, anyone find a fix?


  • Registered Users Posts: 49 dbloke


    I got an even easier achievement in City Skylines. It rained while the 50 days were passing giving me the "Singing In The" achievement!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ Treppen


    The AMEM 50pts are back working.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭ theteal


    OK, I've taken the bait on this rewards lark. A couple of months ago I did a full month of the daily and weeklies and a few game related ones which to be quite honest was a slog for someone who normally turns the xbox on maybe once/twice a week. I'd say I amassed about 2000 points that month which quite frankly wasn't worth the effort when you see how many points needed for anything other than sweepstake entries.

    Now only this week I became aware of the Bing related rewards and the rewards web site. Sooooooo much easier to rack up points. I've done about 2500 in 4 days which took about a minute of each day - annoyed I'd not known sooner considering I spend about 10 hours a day working at the bloody computer. Needless to say I've now got the bug and I'm looking to build towards xbox/ms gift cards.

    Question: can you redeem multiple say, £25 gift cards in one sitting?

    For the last few days I'm doing maybe 450 each day, at that rate I'd have enough for the gift card in a smidge over 2 months (i.e. 29250/450 = 65 days). Now if I'm planning on getting the XSX around March, that gives me the potential to rack up enough for maybe 3 * £25 cards. Once redeemed the value only stays in your account for 90 days according to the t+cs so redeeming one at a time as they're earned won't work.


  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ scottigael


    theteal wrote: »
    OK, I've taken the bait on this rewards lark. A couple of months ago I did a full month of the daily and weeklies and a few game related ones which to be quite honest was a slog for someone who normally turns the xbox on maybe once/twice a week. I'd say I amassed about 2000 points that month which quite frankly wasn't worth the effort when you see how many points needed for anything other than sweepstake entries.

    Now only this week I became aware of the Bing related rewards and the rewards web site. Sooooooo much easier to rack up points. I've done about 2500 in 4 days which took about a minute of each day - annoyed I'd not known sooner considering I spend about 10 hours a day working at the bloody computer. Needless to say I've now got the bug and I'm looking to build towards xbox/ms gift cards.

    Question: can you redeem multiple say, £25 gift cards in one sitting?

    For the last few days I'm doing maybe 450 each day, at that rate I'd have enough for the gift card in a smidge over 2 months (i.e. 29250/450 = 65 days). Now if I'm planning on getting the XSX around March, that gives me the potential to rack up enough for maybe 3 * £25 cards. Once redeemed the value only stays in your account for 90 days according to the t+cs so redeeming one at a time as they're earned won't work.
    How did you manage to get 2500 points on 4 days? I don't see anything on Microsoft rewards website about bing


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭ theteal


    A daily visit to https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/ to click on the "daily set" and "more activities" is 100 points.
    I got 75 for visiting 3 days in a row.
    I think 500 for setting Bing as mobile search - that's obviously just a once off.
    Then there are the searches with normal browser, mobile and Edge combine to 222 point (attached pic) - just search something like "Movies 2020", click the first result and the the screen should change to show a horizontal list, a click on each of that list counts as a search, takes no time.
    I may be missing a few other little bits and that's before I even turn on the xbox or gamepass app. I will give the xbox daily/weeklies a go as well again it can provide a nice little bump.

    Also upon checking, it's only 2300 in 4 days so I slightly overestimated.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭ djan


    theteal wrote: »
    A daily visit to https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/ to click on the "daily set" and "more activities" is 100 points.
    I got 75 for visiting 3 days in a row.
    I think 500 for setting Bing as mobile search - that's obviously just a once off.
    Then there are the searches with normal browser, mobile and Edge combine to 222 point (attached pic) - just search something like "Movies 2020", click the first result and the the screen should change to show a horizontal list, a click on each of that list counts as a search, takes no time.
    I may be missing a few other little bits and that's before I even turn on the xbox or gamepass app. I will give the xbox daily/weeklies a go as well again it can provide a nice little bump.

    Also upon checking, it's only 2300 in 4 days so I slightly overestimated.

    I assume you or your account is based in the US? The local version seems to have no option to earn from searches using bing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭ theteal


    djan wrote: »
    I assume you or your account is based in the US? The local version seems to have no option to earn from searches using bing.

    UK


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ Treppen


    theteal wrote: »
    UK

    Fair play to you, we are getting ROYALLY screwed in Ireland.


    Have you your Xbox set to uk Region or are you actually in the UK region?

    There's a few cases on r/microsoftrewards of people getting banned by switching account regions to get points, so be careful how you tread.
    Do you use vpn for phone /pc quests?

    I started in Ireland region so not sure if I should risk a switch! But I'm really getting pi553d off at the low points available. I'm only on 22,000 after 3 months hard slog now.

    BTW be careful of the expiry date of gift cards, it's actually the day before the date on the card!


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭ marcbrophy


    Treppen wrote: »
    BTW be careful of the expiry date of gift cards, it's actually the day before the date on the card!

    I redeemed a €25 store card on Monday!
    It's just a deduction against your Microsoft account balance now!
    So my balance went from €0 to -€25 :)
    I don't think it expires either!


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ Treppen


    marcbrophy wrote: »
    I redeemed a €25 store card on Monday!
    It's just a deduction against your Microsoft account balance now!
    So my balance went from €0 to -€25 :)
    I don't think it expires either!

    Was 25 the max available?


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭ theteal


    Treppen wrote: »
    Fair play to you, we are getting ROYALLY screwed in Ireland.


    Have you your Xbox set to uk Region or are you actually in the UK region?

    There's a few cases on r/microsoftrewards of people getting banned by switching account regions to get points, so be careful how you tread.
    Do you use vpn for phone /pc quests?

    I started in Ireland region so not sure if I should risk a switch! But I'm really getting pi553d off at the low points available. I'm only on 22,000 after 3 months hard slog now.

    BTW be careful of the expiry date of gift cards, it's actually the day before the date on the card!

    No, no, I've been UK based for nearly a decade now, nothing dodgy going on. Well that's crap, I thought the times of Ireland getting screwed for stuff like that was over - do ye get Amazon deliveries???

    I was on about 800 since the start of this rewards scheme as I really didn't give it much thought. Blew that lot on sweepstakes too. Currently on 4489 which is basically the afore mentioned slog of daily/weely challenges on the xbox istelf from a few months ago (about 2000) and then the bulk added in the last 4 days since my awakening.

    So going back to my original question, does anybody know if we're allowed buy/redeem multiple vouchers in one go? As mentioned, I reckon I could have enough points for £75 of vouchers by March. That combined with some TopCashBack redeemed as more xb/ms vouchers I could well have half the price of an XSX accumulated by the time I'm aiming to buy.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭ theteal


    marcbrophy wrote: »
    I redeemed a €25 store card on Monday!
    It's just a deduction against your Microsoft account balance now!
    So my balance went from €0 to -€25 :)
    I don't think it expires either!

    From the MS rewards Redeem page

    Restrictions:

    *Promotional gift card. Spend within 90 days of deposit. Works with Microsoft Store online, Windows 10, Xbox One and Xbox 360 (Xbox Live required). Does not work at physical Microsoft Stores. Once redeemed to your Microsoft account, the full code value will be applied and may be used for eligible purchases (exclusions apply) made directly at select Microsoft digital stores. Eligible purchases and prices vary by region, device, and over time. Geography limitations, country and balance restrictions, taxes, and Internet connection fees may apply. Paid subscriptions required for some content. Age restrictions apply. Except as required by law, credit cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash and is not refundable. To read full terms and conditions (which may change without notice), go to www.microsoft.com/cardterms. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Cards and codes issued by and ©/™/® Microsoft Corp, a Washington Corporation, and/or its affiliates.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭ marcbrophy


    90 days is pretty weak, if I'm honest!

    25 is the only denomination available on the xbox app, but if you go the their website, you can get 5, 10 or 25 :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ JohnB123456


    is there an issue with these quests not giving the rewards points?
    I got stuck into it last night but a lot of things I got no points for


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭ theteal


    is there an issue with these quests not giving the rewards points?
    I got stuck into it last night but a lot of things I got no points for

    Actually I got a few in Ninja Gaiden last night that didn't register as my "Achievement in a Game Pass game" Quest. I did however get 250 point for getting an achievement in The Division but that wasn't a Quest in Game Pass, that was just in the Rewards app. I'm thinking the Quests has a bit of a bug


  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ JohnB123456


    I guess I will chance getting onto support maybe with some screenshots then, thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ Treppen


    is there an issue with these quests not giving the rewards points?
    I got stuck into it last night but a lot of things I got no points for

    Plagued with issues.

    Any particular one?


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,671 ✭✭✭✭ Enfilade


    Treppen wrote: »
    Fair play to you, we are getting ROYALLY screwed in Ireland.


    Have you your Xbox set to uk Region or are you actually in the UK region?

    There's a few cases on r/microsoftrewards of people getting banned by switching account regions to get points, so be careful how you tread.
    Do you use vpn for phone /pc quests?

    I started in Ireland region so not sure if I should risk a switch! But I'm really getting pi553d off at the low points available. I'm only on 22,000 after 3 months hard slog now.

    BTW be careful of the expiry date of gift cards, it's actually the day before the date on the card!

    DO NOT DO IT !!!!!!!! Speaking as someone who even though I was super careful they still sniffed me out and permanently banned me. Appeals failed and I lost close to 35k points. You'll only know you've been banned too if you try to redeem the points.

    Still pisses me off every time a rewards quest pops on the xbox.

    🚴‍♂️



  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ JohnB123456


    Treppen wrote: »
    Plagued with issues.

    Any particular one?

    4 different ones, but support said this:

    Hi,

    Thank you for contacting Microsoft Rewards support. My name is Ronaldo. We look forward for every opportunity to assist you regarding Microsoft Rewards.

    I understand that you’re not getting the points from completing Game Pass quests. You mentioned you’ve done them on your PC with Game Pass. We apologize for the confusion. Please allow me to explain.

    The tasks for Xbox Game Pass quests should be completed on your Xbox console. This is the reason why you’re not getting the points.

    I hope this helps.

    Thank you for your continued participation in Microsoft Rewards. If you have questions, please let me know.

    Sincerely,

    Ronaldo
    Microsoft Rewards support


  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ JohnB123456


    but some did work on PC so I am confused


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ Treppen


    but some did work on PC so I am confused

    Ya I remember contacting Xbox about this as I downloaded a gamepass game on my pc but achievements didn't pop. They showed me how to check with the Xbox game app on my laptop. Downloaded a few games and it said that achievements werent supported.

    People seem to get them to pop on pc in other regions though!


Advertisement