Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

1356720

Comments



  • Treppen wrote: »
    What's everyone's points so far?

    I'm 31,,000

    I don't want to say, I feel a bit guilty :(




  • The quests are being a bit buggy today. The "play 8 game pass games" one is not working for me, hasn't recognised any more than 4 of the dozen I've loaded




  • theteal wrote: »
    The quests are being a bit buggy today. The "play 8 game pass games" one is not working for me, hasn't recognised any more than 4 of the dozen I've loaded

    On my side, I can't see any for play 8 games!
    There's one for complete 8 weekly quests alright :)




  • Is there any way to make the search on bing weekly rewards set work?
    None of the searches on mobile are adding up and I'm logged in




  • Is there any way to make the search on bing weekly rewards set work?
    None of the searches on mobile are adding up and I'm logged in

    I use a "user agent switcher" add-on for Firefox on desktop, emulate an android on chrome, go to bing.com and do a bunch of nonsense searches. A to Z, 0 to 9 etc.

    50 searches take a few minutes maximum then :)


  • Advertisement


  • marcbrophy wrote: »
    I use a "user agent switcher" add-on for Firefox on desktop, emulate an android on chrome, go to bing.com and do a bunch of nonsense searches. A to Z, 0 to 9 etc.

    50 searches take a few minutes maximum then :)

    I search "movies 2020" then when you click on the first result the rest of the results are rearranged horizontally across the screen, zoom out and middle click on each (which will open a new search result tab in the background) and you'll blitz through 50 in seconds. Same search on mobile and you can click on pretty much the same part of the screen which will load each one as a search result.




  • Gears ultimate is on gamepass now. There's a quest for 1 achievement in the rewards app for 250 points. Easy to miss it.




  • Treppen wrote: »
    Gears ultimate is on gamepass now. There's a quest for 1 achievement in the rewards app for 250 points. Easy to miss it.

    I got 75 points for a game pass quest too. I only didbjalf the tutorial and got 3 achievements




  • Did anyone get the points from the MS store for buying an Xbox Series X|S yet?




  • I don't think Microsoft are giving the reward points for buying the xbox. They did in the past but I got my series x 6 days ago and no reward points have been awarded :(


  • Advertisement


  • I don't think Microsoft are giving the reward points for buying the xbox. They did in the past but I got my series x 6 days ago and no reward points have been awarded :(

    I've seen mention by others of getting 1 point per €1 spent.

    I note on the bottom of my dashboard it states it should be 20:1 for purchases, I'm yet to test that though.




  • Any software purchase from microsoft gives the 20:1 reward points providing of course you are level 2. For hardware I don't know if the reward points are being given especially for the purchase of the xbox itself. Just got to wait and see I guess.




  • Any software purchase from microsoft gives the 20:1 reward points providing of course you are level 2. For hardware I don't know if the reward points are being given especially for the purchase of the xbox itself. Just got to wait and see I guess.
    Buying hardware has tended to be 1:1 for me, but the console pre-order doesn't seem to have registered (or I'm not getting points for it)




  • How can you see where your points have come from? :)




  • marcbrophy wrote: »
    How can you see where your points have come from? :)
    If you go to https://account.microsoft.com/rewards, at the top you see points earned and you can click on 'Points Breakdown >' you can usually see this month and last month in that page.




  • If you go to https://account.microsoft.com/rewards, at the top you see points earned and you can click on 'Points Breakdown >' you can usually see this month and last month in that page.

    Cool thanks!
    Looks like I got 500 points for MS store purchases.
    250 on 10th Nov.
    250 on 15th Nov.

    So much for the 10,000 I though I was due :(




  • marcbrophy wrote: »
    Cool thanks!
    Looks like I got 500 points for MS store purchases.
    250 on 10th Nov.
    250 on 15th Nov.

    So much for the 10,000 I though I was due :(

    Shur get on to em and create a ruckus




  • So on my work computer I had to sign into an MS on my work account, now my dashboard is all different on the website with way more ways to earn points. Is this frowned upon??




  • recyclops wrote: »
    So on my work computer I had to sign into an MS on my work account, now my dashboard is all different on the website with way more ways to earn points. Is this frowned upon??

    Does it think your location is different?




  • nope as the redeem points are still in euros? I have my normal ms account signed in and my work one signed in and just today the dashboard on rewards site was chockablock with quizzes etc and also i can redeem against argos, tesco too.

    my wifes family account is also the same maybe they just updated the irish site


  • Advertisement


  • Maybe @Treppen's campaign has worked!

    Anyone else Ireland based able to verify?




  • Seems the same as always to me!




  • recyclops wrote: »
    nope as the redeem points are still in euros? I have my normal ms account signed in and my work one signed in and just today the dashboard on rewards site was chockablock with quizzes etc and also i can redeem against argos, tesco too.

    my wifes family account is also the same maybe they just updated the irish site

    Stay away from that. If you start farming in UK or wherever then switch back to Ireland you might get banned.

    Although it could be something to do with your work outlook.
    I had something funny like my Xbox outlook set to .com but region was UK and needed it to be in Euro! So had to contact them to straighten it out, that was years ago though.

    But I still have Xbox Microsoft store with my Xbox outlook on my work laptop. At the start it tried to kick me into the store automatically with my work outlook.

    Maybe flag it with Xbox anyway!




  • theteal wrote: »
    Maybe @Treppen's campaign has worked!

    Anyone else Ireland based able to verify?

    Funny you should say that... I spotted holiday punch card there for a few hours then it disappeared. I tried punching it but got error each time.

    533370.jpg




  • I contacted Microsoft about the rewards points too (bought Series X, Shock Blue controller and Play & Charge kit) but eventually only got 480 points from them :(




  • Got 423 microsoft reward points for buying my series x and have messaged them to say that's only 1/20 of what I should be getting!!!! Waiting to see if they will update me and will post. The Irish reward points are so crap compared to america and the uk though.




  • Just heard back from microsoft and they have confirmed that it's only 1 point for the console itself. On top of that they gave me 423 points which was the price of the series x before vat was added. Bit stingy I thought but still more than I would get off Sony!




  • I picked up Cold War from CDKeys yesterday for £42. With a punch card and another achievement it got me 6300 (incl daily 50) points too. It's not giving me the option to buy cross gen for £5 though but I'm not overly impressed so far so that may not be a factor for my future xbox upgrade.




  • Dunno if it was posted back here, but for the daily 50 AMEM Rare Replay collection gives you an achievement for just starting every game.


  • Advertisement


  • So I think I'm tracking a bit ahead of my planned target of 90,000 by April - I got quite a bump in the last week with the COD purchase (6000) and a couple of streak/quests coming in for 1000 each. The end goal remains that same i.e. to get a bunch of £25 MS vouchers towards a Series X - I initially hoped for 3 of them but I think 4 may even be doable at current rate (as for whether MS will let me use them for console purchase is another thing but we'll see).


Advertisement