Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 meadhag

Hey all, I had my PCT postponed due to an injury and it's coming close to my 'recovery' date, so I'll probably be doing it in Feb.
    Does anyone have a PCT date for Feb yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

meadhag wrote: »
    Hey all, I had my PCT postponed due to an injury and it's coming close to my 'recovery' date, so I'll probably be doing it in Feb.
    Does anyone have a PCT date for Feb yet?

11th of February I have mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Has anyone had any difficulty with the Medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Anyone else down for pct tomorrow, I'm down for a retest?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

11th of February I have mine.

Have mine the same day. How you feeling for the beep test? Im struggling myself and not sure what else i can do at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

Dean445 wrote: »

I'm wondering the same. What exactly does it involve?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ba88

Had mine the second week of January. Can't say that I had too much trouble. The nurse will check your blood pressure, peak flow reading and conduct the hearing test. The nurse will also take your height and weight (to calculate BMI) and take a urine sample from you.

The doctor will subsequently do a general check up on you and test your eyesight. You will be required to complete a form in advance of seeing either the nurse or the doctor on which you declare any existing conditions where applicable.

I found it to be fairly straight forward - I figure if you are in a position to pass the pct, the medical should not present too many issues.

My vetting is still not complete so just hoping an offer comes through for the next intake - keeping everything crossed!

Hope that helps!

Thanks very much! Did you contact them about your vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

ba88 wrote: »
    Had mine the second week of January. Can't say that I had too much trouble. The nurse will check your blood pressure, peak flow reading and conduct the hearing test. The nurse will also take your height and weight (to calculate BMI) and take a urine sample from you.

The doctor will subsequently do a general check up on you and test your eyesight. You will be required to complete a form in advance of seeing either the nurse or the doctor on which you declare any existing conditions where applicable.

I found it to be fairly straight forward - I figure if you are in a position to pass the pct, the medical should not present too many issues.

My vetting is still not complete so just hoping an offer comes through for the next intake - keeping everything crossed!

Hope that helps!

Is there usually long between PCT and the medical? I have my PCT on 4th February and hoping I will get the medical before the end of February

I had my medical the 21st of January and was called for the medical this week

• Advertisement

Thanks very much! Did you contact them about your vetting

I did indeed. All they said is that it is not yet complete. Unable to provide any idea of when it might be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

I had my medical the 21st of January and was called for the medical this week

Same as this, medical this Thursday at 11:30.

Out of curiosity, which group were you in for the PCT? Just want to see if i can put a name to the face :P

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

I've pct retest tomorrow tuesdau 28th and got an email today saying medical this Thursday 30th if I pass

Is there usually long between PCT and the medical? I have my PCT on 4th February and hoping I will get the medical before the end of February

Had my pct on the 17th December and the medical on 9th January so they seem to pretty quick turning it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 meadhag

LB1197 wrote: »
    Have mine the same day. How you feeling for the beep test? Im struggling myself and not sure what else i can do at this point.

Assuming I'll have mine on this day, feeling slightly nervous. I have a PT session booked for today, hoping that will provide some reassurance - or at least give me a clear idea of what I have to grind at in the next few weeks!

Have you been doing practice tests yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Anyone have pct on the 11th of Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

Aaron123 wrote: »

I do at 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

Anyone that had to have their gp clearance form sent in by today get a date for pct yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

Aaron123 wrote: »

I do. it is at 4pm. I am from Newbridge, Co. Kildare. What about you guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BlazenIce69

Larpeyton wrote: »
    Anyone that had to have their gp clearance form sent in by today get a date for pct yet?
    No not yet I imagine it will be a few days yet, maybe next week before we get a date.

• Advertisement

Any members still around who went in on the intake last Monday?

Might be a long shot but would be interested to hear how the first week went!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nicolec3090

I have my pct tomorrow which is an appeal has anyone tried to reschedule due to weather conditions. There is currently and inch of snow where I live and is still falling I'm afraid I might not be able to drive to templemore tomorrow let alone get out of my house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

I have my pct tomorrow which is an appeal has anyone tried to reschedule due to weather conditions. There is currently and inch of snow where I live and is still falling I'm afraid I might not be able to drive to templemore tomorrow let alone get out of my house

I would suggest calling HRM early in the morning and explaining your situation on the phone to them - they might issue you another date but under the stipulation that you 'must' attend the alternative PCT or else your application will be terminated. Whatever works out for you, just be careful on the roads!

Has anyone been contacted regarding starting in the college on February 3rd yet?

Just wondering are you allowed to tape your knee at the pct?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mar_mar27

Yes you can tape. I taped my calf no one said anything.

Mar_mar27 wrote: »
    Yes you can tape. I taped my calf no one said anything.
    thats grand thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone had any information on if you get an offer to go start in Templemore but you are in your final year of your degree. I currently have everything done and am waiting on vetting to be completed then I’m ready to go and next intake is in April, I’ll not be done college until May? Any tips or advice?

I would suggest calling HRM early in the morning and explaining your situation on the phone to them - they might issue you another date but under the stipulation that you 'must' attend the alternative PCT or else your application will be terminated. Whatever works out for you, just be careful on the roads!

Has anyone been contacted regarding starting in the college on February 3rd yet?

Is there an intake on the 3rd February? Completed the medical on 9th Jan and waiting for vetting to be completed.

Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone had any information on if you get an offer to go start in Templemore but you are in your final year of your degree. I currently have everything done and am waiting on vetting to be completed then I’m ready to go and next intake is in April, I’ll not be done college until May? Any tips or advice?

I think they have an option for you to defer until you complete your studies. No guarantees vetting will be done in time for April however. In the same boat as yourself - all stages finished but vetting still outstanding but aware there are people waiting since last September/October for a date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Howya lads, does anyone know what the intakes are for this year other than January and April?
    Thanks

Advertisement