Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

Larpeyton wrote: »
    Did anyone else reply when they got their date for pct?

I didn’t, do we have to?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ba88

deenam wrote: »
    I didn’t, do we have to?

I didn't respond before mine - they don't ask you to in the email.

They do ask you to confirm your attendance for the Medical alright but not the PCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

ba88 wrote: »
    I didn't respond before mine - they don't ask you to in the email.

They do ask you to confirm your attendance for the Medical alright but not the PCT.

Lovely, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

Cheers thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

FYI... I just rang about the next intake there and it's provisionally down for April

• Advertisement

SquireD wrote: »
    FYI... I just rang about the next intake there and it's provisionally down for April

Great stuff - nice to get something semi formal on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

OBrien1991 wrote: »
    Next Intake is 99% April 20th and 27th. Provisionally booked to do the teaching but not fully confirmed as of yet.

Thanks for that. Do you know how many is taking in on an intake or does it vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Thinks its usually about 200

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DCLeg

Next intake most likely not until May :)
    Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone had any information on if you get an offer to go start in Templemore but you are in your final year of your degree. I currently have everything done and am waiting on vetting to be completed then I’m ready to go and next intake is in April, I’ll not be done college until May? Any tips or advice?

Where did you hear about it being in May??

• Advertisement

This intake they found it hard to get 150 only ended up with 120 with 3 intake weeks. April is scheduled for 200 as they have to take 700 in 2020. I'm from 2018 with everything complete since April 2019

Its crazy how they struggle to find numbers considering how long people are waiting. Can't believe you have been waiting since April 2019 for a call up. How long out of interest were you waiting for the vetting to be completed and what oom were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

anyone know if you're granted a PCT appeal, how long you can wait to receive a date? Thanks

Its crazy how they struggle to find numbers considering how long people are waiting. Can't believe you have been waiting since April 2019 for a call up. How long out of interest were you waiting for the vetting to be completed and what oom were you?

Realistically anyone in the 2019 campaign isn't going to get called until 2020 as it is a long enough process to go through first between tests, interviews etc... the first intake anyone from the April 2019 campaign could have made was the January one this year so it isn't too bad.

I'm from the 2019 April campaign with an OOM of 219. As of yesterday my vetting remains outstanding also.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Realistically anyone in the 2019 campaign isn't going to get called until 2020 as it is a long enough process to go through first between tests, interviews etc... the first intake anyone from the April 2019 campaign could have made was the January one this year so it isn't too bad.

I'm from the 2019 April campaign with an OOM of 219. As of yesterday my vetting remains outstanding also.
    I'm from 2018 campaign with medical completed in June 2019 my vetting is still outstanding. I've never lived abroad most my relatives are all local apart from an aunt who lives up north. The vetting seems to hold up quite a lot of people judging by this anyway.

In the same boat as yourself - 186 on OOM from April 2019 campaign and vetting remains outstanding.

I am certain that there were people from our campaign who were invited for January intake just gone so will hope to God that it works out for me for the April intake. I'm 32 in May so very eager to get down and get out. Only so long I can hang around waiting which may explain why they appear to be finding it hard to get numbers.

Harveli18 wrote: »
    I'm from 2018 campaign with medical completed in June 2019 my vetting is still outstanding. I've never lived abroad most my relatives are all local apart from an aunt who lives up north. The vetting seems to hold up quite a lot of people judging by this anyway.

Definitely seems to alright. I wonder if the vetting is left to one side and only starts once a candidate comes into focus for the next available intake.

Very frustrating not knowing what the hold up is specifically and not being able to do anything to help speed it up!

When did you have sergeant and super meeting?

In the same boat as yourself - 186 on OOM from April 2019 campaign and vetting remains outstanding.

I am certain that there were people from our campaign who were invited for January intake just gone so will hope to God that it works out for me for the April intake. I'm 32 in May so very eager to get down and get out. Only so long I can hang around waiting which may explain why they appear to be finding it hard to get numbers.

Yea there was a few who went in January but from hearing about that intake, it wasn't full up. I'm 31 in April and anxious as well to get in and out.
    Have kids as well so is painful to put plans like a house or even a holiday on hold until this is sorted!

Yea there was a few who went in January but from hearing about that intake, it wasn't full up. I'm 31 in April and anxious as well to get in and out.
    Have kids as well so is painful to put plans like a house or even a holiday on hold until this is sorted!

Yeah I hear that - old timers the pair of us. Really frustrating stuff especially when there are loads of people dying to get in!

Sure all we can do is hope!

daniel1390 wrote: »
    When did you have sergeant and super meeting?

Met with the Sergeant a couple of days before my PCT back in mid December. Haven't met with the Super yet.

What's the conversaton with the Super like? Is it much of the same as the Sergeant?

• Advertisement

For me was extremely brief, 2 mins, few very general qs. Was told by sergeant to go professionally dressed and I did, fill suit and tie job and was only there 2 mins but was more formal

For me was extremely brief, 2 mins, few very general qs. Was told by sergeant to go professionally dressed and I did, fill suit and tie job and was only there 2 mins but was more formal

Lovely thanks that's very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

When I met super. I was told that was last stage of vetting and he wouldn’t be holding it up any further. Still have PCT and medical to complete

St.Brigids wrote: »
    When I met super. I was told that was last stage of vetting and he wouldn’t be holding it up any further. Still have PCT and medical to complete

Ah right - didn't know that that was the last stage of the vetting. You got a date for the PCT?

So after you meet super vetting pretty much complete?

So after you meet super vetting pretty much complete?

From what I gather here, you won't get asked to meet with the Super until all other vetting is done.

Makes sense I guess - no point in wasting Super's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

From what I gather here, you won't get asked to meet with the Super until all other vetting is done.

Makes sense I guess - no point in wasting Super's time.

I met the sergeant and super almost a year ago now and my vetting is still not complete. As far as I know that's only your local vetting and there is other parts of it too that can take longer

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Anyone on here have everything completed, medical and all but haven’t met their sergeant or super?

I met with superintendent in may 2019 and said everything was complete. HQ keep saying vetting outstanding and it's been 14 months since I started my vetting. My oom is early 100s forget exactly what it is. Never been in trouble I train the defence forces and guards in a number of courses and still nothing. Very hard to get information and I know a few from 2018 that are in the same boat.

Ffs - I best settle down for the long wait so.

Hope April works out for you mate you deserve it at this point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

I’ve everything completed but have not met the superintendent yet.

Advertisement