Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This Monday morning has been a shock to the system :(

Same here. Been off since Wednesday, just can't get my mojo this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Thanks a lot folks, one of the reasons this is my favorite thread, someone needs support or is anxious about something and ye spread the good vibes and thoughts 🀗🀗 x

*Licks lips*

Hopefully its negative, *hugs* same here, I'm watching videos most of the evening about cat island in Japan, what a place that would be to live, cats on your front door 😸 :3

So sorry to hear that

*hugs*

You watch the weirdest things ðŸ˜(says the woman watching decades old big brother!)
    I'm deskside drinking a wheatgrass smoothie. Its gross but packed full of goodness according to the packet. Gonna go to the post office soon to send some presents to my sister and niece in Oz cos restrictions have finally lifted.
    Happy Monday all x

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in the home office, at the coal face, getting through my work emails one by one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In work at the desk, sweet jaysus I detest Monday mornings. Mind, scoffing a crunchie bar with some coffee is easing the blues a little.
    Clock-watching for the afternoon though, one of those days....
    Watched "American Murder : The family next door" last night on Netflix. There are some serious nut-cases out there!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Porklife wrote: »
    You watch the weirdest things ðŸ˜(

You take that back 😾

😛

Heading out to get the auld hair trimmed like .

• Advertisement

NewRed2 wrote: »
    In work at the desk, sweet jaysus I detest Monday mornings. Mind, scoffing a crunchie bar with some coffee is easing the blues a little.
    Clock-watching for the afternoon though, one of those days....
    Watched "American Murder : The family next door" last night on Netflix. There are some serious nut-cases out there!
    I'm obsessed with psychopaths and love documentaries about serial killers. If somebody looked at my laptop history they'd probably call the guards:) But American Murder really threw me. Its shocking how cold and calculating he is.The wife was a bitch but seriously the way he navigated the whole thing was beyond sick.
    He has since said in several interviews that he has no remorse and doesn't regret what he did.
    My mom used to work as a prison counsellor in a woman's prison in London. She had some incredible stories to tell. I always remember her telling me about this woman who had murdered multiple random children. My mom was pregnant at the time and the killer lady knit a teddy bear for her to give the baby. She asked her if she had any remorse and with ice cold eyes she said no and smiled.
    Psychopaths don't have empathy so in a weird way its not really their fault.

You take that back 😾

😛

Heading out to get the auld hair trimmed like .

Never!! :p

Happy haircut:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm obsessed with psychopaths and love documentaries about serial killers. If somebody looked at my laptop history they'd probably call the guards:) But American Murder really threw me. Its shocking how cold and calculating he is.The wife was a bitch but seriously the way he navigated the whole thing was beyond sick.
    He has since said in several interviews that he has no remorse and doesn't regret what he did.
    My mom used to work as a prison counsellor in a woman's prison in London. She had some incredible stories to tell. I always remember her telling me about this woman who had murdered multiple random children. My mom was pregnant at the time and the killer lady knit a teddy bear for her to give the baby. She asked her if she had any remorse and with ice cold eyes she said no and smiled.
    Psychopaths don't have empathy so in a weird way its not really their fault.

That can only be one person. At least she was honest with your mum. *shudder*
    I take it the teddy went in the bin.

Sardonicat wrote: »

No! My sister still has it to this day. If you were guessing Myra Hindley, you are correct!

Yes, I was. I can't believe she kept the teddy! That's my Halloween horror fix. Yeugh. That woman was evill personified .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

What the world needs now is love sweet love.....that song fits this time so well.

Could someone embed a video for me please? If you type into YouTube rte I don't give 2 fuks and it's a 12 second clip of a woman being interviewed on the street. It's worth sharing I think. I've laughed at it many times already. Probably the best thing to come out of covid so far :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭3d4life

Amazing%2BCat%2BGIF%2B%25E2%2580%25A2%2BWhen%2Byour%2Bcat%2Bneeds%2Ba%2Bgood%2Bhaircut%2Bfor%2Bthe%2Bnew%2Byear.gif

To paraphrase Dirty Dancing.

Nobody puts Teddy in the bin.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    To paraphrase Dirty Dancing.

Nobody puts Teddy in the bin.

I wouldn't put that particular Teddy in the bin either. I'd burn it and dump it's ashes at sea.

I wouldn't put that particular Teddy in the bin either. I'd burn it and dump it's ashes at sea.

Oh I would keep that forever, Will be worth a Lot of money I would guess

bubblypop wrote: »
    Oh I would keep that forever, Will be worth a Lot of money I would guess

I find that quite disgusting, TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside on a Monday with my private laptop open, enjoying the wind and rain lashing against the windows. Really, I love this type of weather :pac:

The fact that my COVID-19 Test turned out negative doesn't hurt my mood either. Got the SMS last night!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm really sorry now I didn't get my hair cut this weekend. I'd say the hairdressers will get the axe this week :(

To thine own self be true

I find that quite disgusting, TBH

Some people love collecting macabre things.
    Not me! Just some people

I'm really sorry now I didn't get my hair cut this weekend. I'd say the hairdressers will get the axe this week :(

My own hair will need an axe soon, or a machete. I give the mirror and fright these days.

@bubbly I didn't mean you, sorry didn't mean to cause offernce. My friends Mam was a friend of one of their victims and the trauma affected her for life. Multiply that by all the classmates, team mates, playmates etc and then try and imagine the horror those victims families endured. I get that people like macabre things, I've a fairly dark side myself. And I know that collecting objects associated with dark events or people can actually be a way of dealing with fear and anxiety. But to make money from a Teddy made by that creature who murdered children and callously left the families of two of them in limbo for decades is an insult to those kids, their families and all their little pals who had to grow up with the horror of what happened to their mates hanging over them. To this day, Keith Bennett's brothers search Saddleworth Moor for their brother with shovels. Making money from that kind of torment is just plain wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At work and with a spring in my step today. The weather and news is doing it's best to get me down but there is no stopping me!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

Tea break and thinking about my next move. I’m very bouncy today too. It’s great weather for ducks.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Made the mistake of popping into the Covid forum so now I'm seeking refuge in here. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

I am deskside, technically working but mostly eating bread and honey while planning a very elaborate post-pandemic holiday in my head. My focus in not being helped by the cattle, who were moved into the shed this morning and have not stopped roaring for 10 seconds. Between them and gale force wind, it's like the world's worst natural symphony outside.

Happy thoughts time.

Take a leaf of these kittens & have a group hug.

c7c33434e0a5891ecbd7b9a1a3fdc335.gif

No results for my gran yet. I'd have the nails bitten off myself except I'm afraid there could be corona under there!

Had lunch out today (work related). Absolutely lashing here but they had a sorta mini marquee thing... And they gave us blankets and hot water bottles. Was actually lovely and cosy and such nice waiters.

In the car now, heading home shortly.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Happy thoughts time.

Take a leaf of these kittens & have a group hug.

c7c33434e0a5891ecbd7b9a1a3fdc335.gif

I'm the one nipping the ear !

bubblypop wrote: »
    Some people love collecting macabre things.
    Not me! Just some people

I think my mom just kinda hung onto it and when my sister was born she loved it and used to sleep with it. It always gave me the creeps. It was a bunny rabbit, I hate rabbits. She still has it though! I don't think I could be in the same room as it now.

I'm about to make no cream carbonara for the first time. I'm excited. It's the highlight of my day.

I think my mom just kinda hung onto it and when my sister was born she loved it and used to sleep with it. It always gave me the creeps. It was a bunny rabbit, I hate rabbits. She still has it though! I don't think I could be in the same room as it now.

TA I'm craving such junk food but I'm trying to be healthy. Why are all the things I love either addictive or fattening or both :(

You're craving. You get a pass!

I'm the one nipping the ear !

I'm the one at the back in a coma.☺️

Just home, my God the heat or is it just me, I went for a walk and had to wear a coat but it's so warm, 13 degrees at 7am and 14 now according to the car. I could have done with those cats earlier, the walk is along a stream and the amount of rats ( detest rodents) was unreal, one tottered along for ages in front of me and then turned to the ditch but stayed on the path and was definitely watching me out of the corner of his eye, I thought I'd have to turn back as I was afraid to pass him, I think they attack if they think they're cornered ,I'm still not over it.

Waiting for the News later, it will be interesting and we need to know what's happening, I've noticed a lot of people a very down today including my mam and a friend who is always upbeat, I've always said it and it must be true but I think I live in a parallel universe, I've been in great form all day,most unlike me lol.

Anyway the dinner won't make it self, I better haul myself up and get with the programme.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ready for trundle, will get the gist of the new regulations on the way in.. Shudder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement