Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

I hope your aunt will be ok Seph. It's in my grans home too. Only one staff member though so hopefully they caught it before it spread any further. They all got tested yesterday anyway so results hopefully tomorrow. I'm doing all I can not to think about it cause I have a bad habit of imagining worst case scenarios and I'm quite sure it will all be ok.

I'm kitchen side. Eating custard tart and drinking tea. *Pushes a slice toward Seph*. Let's eat our feelings together! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

PL channel four have a huge amount of online stuff for free that seems to be viewable on all devices if you're stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

PL channel four have a huge amount of online stuff for free that seems to be viewable on all devices if you're stuck

Thanks Grem..I've watched so much trash on 4OD...married at first sight, first dates, come dine with me. I've the attention span of a fruit fly at the moment. I used to read all the time and now the mere sight of a book makes me want to ly down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

My cousin is in the hospice, chemo abandoned and not many days left.

Her immediate family are organising visits to allow her closest the opportunity to say goodbye.

Such a horrible way to end one's days when famiy can't be present as they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

wildwillow wrote: »

Her immediate family are organising visits to allow her closest the opportunity to say goodbye.

Jeez sorry to hear that, yes tough times for everyone, I suppose they are being so careful in case Covid is present in the hospice or making sure not to bring it in to already very vulnerable patients, hard to blame them in the circumstances really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Sorry for your trouble.
    There will be loads of cases like the above because of covid and our fcucked up health service:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

The family are very grateful to the hospice and don't blame them for the situation. They would never put anyone else in danger.

It's just so hard to cope in the circumstances and I wish they had the pre covid hospice experience.

She is getting the best of care and compassion, just missing her family.

The family are very grateful to the hospice and don't blame them for the situation. They would never put anyone else in danger.

It's just so hard to cope in the circumstances and I wish they had the pre covid hospice experience.

She is getting the best of care and compassion, just missing her family.

I'm so sorry Wildwillow. We never knew such painful times could be made any more distressing but Covid is such an awful f*cker of a thing. My heart goes out to your cousin and all your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That's so, so sad, willows. I wish with every fibre in my body she has a loved one with her to hold her hand when the time comes. My heart goes out to you all.

I just wanted to post that I'm sorry for all of you who are going through tough times because of this blasted virus. We will see the end of this. I absolutely believe that. I have to. This time next year or maybe it will be 2022, we will look back and feel like it was just a dreadful nightmare.

• Advertisement

I just wanted to post that I'm sorry for all of you who are going through tough times because of this blasted virus. We will see the end of this. I absolutely believe that. I have to. This time next year or maybe it will be 2022, we will look back and feel like it was just a dreadful nightmare.

Ah god it's not that bad at all, myself and OH are working from home this past six months and it's the best ever, no work commute, plenty of time on our hands, out in nature much more, physically alot fitter, eating better, spending a lot less money, enjoying our own time. You have to look on the positives of the whole situation too, it's not all doom and gloom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

GoneHome wrote: »
    Ah god it's not that bad at all, myself and OH are working from home this past six months and it's the best ever, no work commute, plenty of time on our hands, out in nature much more, physically alot fitter, eating better, spending a lot less money, enjoying our own time. You have to look on the positives of the whole situation too, it's not all doom and gloom :D

That post is so insensitive to me and I'm sure a lot of other people. I love positive posts but there's a certain way of doing it. Your post just comes across as smug in an I'm alright jack kind of way. Tomorrow, more people could be out of work due to an increase in restrictions. I know for a fact that I will be out of work with a lower chance of it getting better despite my attempts. WTF are you thinking? Pop into the Covid threads with that ill thought out self serving rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I will say prayer for your Aunt tonight,Seph.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    That post is so insensitive to me and I'm sure a lot of other people. I love positive posts but there's a certain way of doing it. Your post just comes across as smug in an I'm alright jack kind of way. Tomorrow, more people could be out of work due to an increase in restrictions. I know for a fact that I will be out of work with a lower chance of it getting better despite my attempts. WTF are you thinking? Pop into the Covid threads with that ill thought out self serving rubbish.

Sorry Grand, it's in no way personal to you or anyone else, I'm just putting it out there the way the restrictions have been for us, look it's a totally different way of life for us too, we used to love our few pints in the local at the weekend, haven't been able to do that (by choice) since March, see elderly parents a lot less (by choice also for their safety more than anything), just pointing out the positives of our situation for what it is in reality.

Grandeeod wrote: »

Doesn't come across like that to me, seems he is just choosing to be positive about his positives.
    I'm sure he wasn't being insensitive.

You and I rarely see eye to eye GH. I am glad though that you are thriving during this time. Many people are. There's an awful lot whose lives were strangled by commuting and work and social pressures. They are getting some relief now.

I always try to see all of the sides to this. Some of my posts here may seem like I am oblivious, shopping, going to the pub etc. Belive me that's not the case. I'm just trying to keep my head above water by having some normality. That's how I cope. Inside is a different story.

Your post isn't insensitive but I get how others see it as such. As I've been saying from the beginning our boats are different. I speak with people professionally on a regular basis and they are struggling. The theme is loss of choice and agency over ones life.

The only way we can get through this as a society is by directing out frustration at the virus and keeping our compassion for every single human being. The only time our boats align is when we acknowledge our common struggle.

There's an awful lot whose lives were strangled by commuting and work and social pressures. They are getting some relief now.

That's it exactly, last March we got to press reset on the whole rat race of life, and do you know what it's been a revelation.

That's it exactly, last March we got to press reset on the whole rat race of life, and do you know what it's been a revelation.

I have no doubt. To have your stressors removed would be huge for you. Your life would just open up. My own work has continued which I am so grateful for. A lot can happen on Skype if needs be and then just two days in the office. So lucky.

Other people though. People out of work, scared and lonely, at risk medically, in abusive homes. I feel for them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's an ill wind as the saying goes.. No doubt it's made many more stressed and anxious but there are those that have seen positive change, everyone has a different experience and the majority seems to have been negative unsurprisingly.. My biggest hope is we make it through sooner than later in hopefully one piece, humans are astonishingly resilient

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

It's an ill wind as the saying goes.. No doubt it's made many more stressed and anxious but there are those that have seen positive change, everyone has a different experience and the majority seems to have been negative unsurprisingly.. My biggest hope is we make it through sooner than later in hopefully one piece, humans are astonishingly resilient

humans are astonishingly resilient
    ... and incredibly fragile too

I don’t mind admitting one bit that I’m finding this tough as hell

• Advertisement

HeyV wrote: »
    humans are astonishingly resilient
    ... and incredibly fragile too

I don’t mind admitting one bit that I’m finding this tough as hell

I hate every piece of if. Every change every new thing. I hate it. I know a thing or two about coping with change and even trauma. It's acceptance. As unpalatable as it is, and I'm certainly not there, acceptance of our circumstance will bring comfort and even freedom.

Sometimes i don't know if i feel much at all about it, but i do respond to things that stir up strong emotions in me by getting kinda numb.. I think the familiar darker evenings and shorter days are having a heavier impact than usual this year which is no surprise.. Need some tea after all this hard thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Ive just watched the greatest showman, cheered me up a small bit :)

Back in my own apartment

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks a lot folks, one of the reasons this is my favorite thread, someone needs support or is anxious about something and ye spread the good vibes and thoughts 🤗🤗 x
    I'm doing all I can not to think about it cause I have a bad habit of imagining worst case scenarios and I'm quite sure it will all be ok.

I'm kitchen side. Eating custard tart and drinking tea. *Pushes a slice toward Seph*. Let's eat our feelings together! :D

*Licks lips*

Hopefully its negative, *hugs* same here, I'm watching videos most of the evening about cat island in Japan, what a place that would be to live, cats on your front door 😸 :3

So sorry to hear that

*hugs*

Rainy monday o clock in the wesht, hope you all managed a rest and today doesn't flog you too much..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) No rain here yet but I’d say it’s not far off.

Everyone is experiencing this pandemic differently and I found that GH is expressing what it has done for him and how he is dealing with it. It’s not a one size fits all. It’s not fair but when you see daily people not bothering adhering to some of the restrictions you think it’s going to be here for a while.

Anyhoo I’m now off to the Coalface and after today who knows where I’ll be going :)

Deskside with my second coffee, it's a day for shorts,tshirt and a raincoat, very mild but wet. Have a good one all.

Not such an early start today, so can take my time with coffee for a while.
    Doggos results due back so expecting the vet to give me bad news today........hoping for the best but expecting the worst :(

Hugs Bubbly will be thinking of ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This Monday morning has been a shock to the system :(

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement