Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
04-12-2019, 20:58   #2731
Clareman
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 18,056
3 Ennis lads, 1 of them captained Ireland in the last game, have to say I'm delighted
Clareman is online now  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-12-2019, 21:37   #2732
The Lost Sheep
Registered User
 
The Lost Sheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareman View Post
3 Ennis lads, 1 of them captained Ireland in the last game, have to say I'm delighted
they have the pick of the entire county and have really improved their coaching standards. Hopefully will see adult sides in club to progress and some players will get to academy/pro level soon.
Munster really need the big county towns in the province to do better. The biggest towns in the country dont have the best rugby teams at adult level by and large. It would be nice if Munster could change that...
The Lost Sheep is offline  
(2) thanks from:
04-12-2019, 22:29   #2733
Hands Like Flippers
Registered User
 
Hands Like Flippers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareman View Post
3 Ennis lads, 1 of them captained Ireland in the last game, have to say I'm delighted
What positions do they play?
Hands Like Flippers is offline  
05-12-2019, 09:29   #2734
Quin_Dub
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareman View Post
3 Ennis lads, 1 of them captained Ireland in the last game, have to say I'm delighted
4th year in a row having players at that level from Ennis, although 3 together is a new high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Sheep View Post
they have the pick of the entire county and have really improved their coaching standards. Hopefully will see adult sides in club to progress and some players will get to academy/pro level soon.
Munster really need the big county towns in the province to do better. The biggest towns in the country dont have the best rugby teams at adult level by and large. It would be nice if Munster could change that...
Adult team is unbeaten this year so far - A number of the squad that won the Munster U18 Cup in 2017 are starting on the team and it's a fairly young squad now , so hopefully will start making upward progress.

The Club have set a goal of getting to Senior Status for 2023 (the Club centenary) which is ambitious but a good target to shoot for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Like Flippers View Post
What positions do they play?
8,9 & 10

Conor Moloney is an 8 (although has played across the backrow for Munster)
Ethan Coghlan is Scrum-half , he was capped last year as well
Tony Butler is Outhalf.

Also - Ennis U18.5 playing Ard Scoil Ris SCT this Saturday morning in Limerick which should be a very good game.

Last edited by Quin_Dub; 05-12-2019 at 09:37.
Quin_Dub is offline  
Thanks from:
05-12-2019, 10:46   #2735
Clareman
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 18,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Sheep View Post
they have the pick of the entire county and have really improved their coaching standards. Hopefully will see adult sides in club to progress and some players will get to academy/pro level soon.
Munster really need the big county towns in the province to do better. The biggest towns in the country dont have the best rugby teams at adult level by and large. It would be nice if Munster could change that...
Kilrush, Senan's and Scariff have good picks as well. The big problem in Ennis for years was as soon as someone was good enough they went off to a club in Limerick, I think Richmond had 3 Ennis lads on their team when they were in the AIL, 1 of them captained them the year they got promoted and another captained them the year in the AIL. Saying that, I would imagine that the 3 lads selected for Ireland will either go into the academy or play for a senior club in Limerick.

Saying that the coaching has really picked up there, some of the folks there should be applauded, especially the youth officer. Munster Rugby have put in great structures as well though so it's a big team effort.
Clareman is online now  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-12-2019, 18:50   #2736
The Lost Sheep
Registered User
 
The Lost Sheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareman View Post
Kilrush, Senan's and Scariff have good picks as well. The big problem in Ennis for years was as soon as someone was good enough they went off to a club in Limerick, I think Richmond had 3 Ennis lads on their team when they were in the AIL, 1 of them captained them the year they got promoted and another captained them the year in the AIL. Saying that, I would imagine that the 3 lads selected for Ireland will either go into the academy or play for a senior club in Limerick.

Saying that the coaching has really picked up there, some of the folks there should be applauded, especially the youth officer. Munster Rugby have put in great structures as well though so it's a big team effort.
kilrush and Senans dont really and scariff dont either to large extent. Senans at least are a division 1 junior club but others are not and wont be ever really.
The Lost Sheep is offline  
05-12-2019, 19:06   #2737
Quin_Dub
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Sheep View Post
kilrush and Senans dont really and scariff dont either to large extent. Senans at least are a division 1 junior club but others are not and wont be ever really.
That's certainly true at Youth/Underage.

None of the above field teams at all ages consistently, I'm not aware of Scariff fielding much beyond U13/U14 at any stage.

Both Kilrush and Senans have decent sides at u16 this year but they are very much the exception for them.

Scariff and Ennis are both Div3 whilst Senans are in Div 2 this year.

Sadly Kilrush no longer field an adult team.
Quin_Dub is offline  
05-12-2019, 20:47   #2738
The Lost Sheep
Registered User
 
The Lost Sheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin_Dub View Post
4th year in a row having players at that level from Ennis, although 3 together is a new high.
considering size of town etc they should be doing very well

Quote:
Adult team is unbeaten this year so far - A number of the squad that won the Munster U18 Cup in 2017 are starting on the team and it's a fairly young squad now , so hopefully will start making upward progress.

The Club have set a goal of getting to Senior Status for 2023 (the Club centenary) which is ambitious but a good target to shoot for
good to see that. Hopefully club can keep them. Look to bandon as example or further back clonakilty who went senior and were able to flourish on back several under 16 and 18 sides who were provincial/all Ireland winning sides
Ennis may last longer at senior as they're closer to city for access to other players and for work prospects
That's a good goal and would be great for the sport if they did go up.

Quote:
Also - Ennis U18.5 playing Ard Scoil Ris SCT this Saturday morning in Limerick which should be a very good game.
saw that earlier in the week. Will be very interesting to see how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin_Dub View Post
That's certainly true at Youth/Underage.

None of the above field teams at all ages consistently, I'm not aware of Scariff fielding much beyond U13/U14 at any stage.

Both Kilrush and Senans have decent sides at u16 this year but they are very much the exception for them.

Scariff and Ennis are both Div3 whilst Senans are in Div 2 this year.

Sadly Kilrush no longer field an adult team.
scarriff have in past very occasionally fielded at older age groups and they did when Shane o Leary was at that age grade though most often at older ages any still playing either go into limerick or up to Nenagh to play.
Very much an exception for Kilrush. Quite often been issues with Kilrush playing away but they would play their home games at 16s/18s some years!

Shame kileush not fielding at adult level. Would be great to see it happening again!
The Lost Sheep is offline  
07-12-2019, 13:51   #2739
Quin_Dub
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin_Dub View Post
Also - Ennis U18.5 playing Ard Scoil Ris SCT this Saturday morning in Limerick which should be a very good game.

Ennis beat Ard Scoil 49-19

Very good game
Quin_Dub is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-12-2019, 23:47   #2740
Hands Like Flippers
Registered User
 
Hands Like Flippers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 475
Schools beat Clubs today. Dont know the score but it was by a fair margin.
Hands Like Flippers is offline  
29-12-2019, 23:56   #2741
The Lost Sheep
Registered User
 
The Lost Sheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Like Flippers View Post
Schools beat Clubs today. Dont know the score but it was by a fair margin.
was more schools v clubs and schools though not exactly schools v clubs though?
It was 54-12. Its basically Ireland u18 A v u18 Bs but exiles aren't able play on the As side
The Lost Sheep is offline  
30-12-2019, 07:58   #2742
Hands Like Flippers
Registered User
 
Hands Like Flippers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Sheep View Post
was more schools v clubs and schools though not exactly schools v clubs though?
It was 54-12. Its basically Ireland u18 A v u18 Bs but exiles aren't able play on the As side
Ok thanks.
Hands Like Flippers is offline  
05-01-2020, 20:45   #2743
The Lost Sheep
Registered User
 
The Lost Sheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,414
Munster u16/18 cup has started
Plenty provincial games at 16s/17s etc on over xmas break

Appears Irish 18s just picked two teams for that game but picked one side far stronger than the other and it wasnt actually A v B. Will be interesting to see how things change for the actual internationals in April...
The Lost Sheep is offline  
Thanks from:
20-01-2020, 20:09   #2744
The Lost Sheep
Registered User
 
The Lost Sheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13,414
Connacht cup draws made tonight.
The Lost Sheep is offline  
Thanks from:
29-01-2020, 21:56   #2745
connemara man
Moderator
 
connemara man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,184
Deleted posts relating to the schools game There is a dedicated thread for schools with its own rules please stick to them
connemara man is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet