Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Don't think there will be such a thing as this generation's Brady but they're all going to lose to the 9ers anyway so its academic.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Don't think there will be such a thing as this generation's Brady but they're all going to lose to the 9ers anyway so its academic.

A few months ago, who could have called 49ers @ Ravens a potential Superbowl preview? It's great that it wasn't flexed to all hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

"This generations Brady."

Aaron Rodgers is a better QB and I will forever die on that hill.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Clegg wrote: »

Quite possibly. Hard to argue against Brady/Belichek being the greatest coach/QB combo though. Would be hopeful BB continues on after Brady actually - its the only way you'll really get to see their individual impacts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Clegg wrote: »

Joe Montana was better than both of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Reading through this thread now is genuinely more confusing than when the bogball is on. It’s like getting dropped into a comicon debate about Klingon dialects.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

stephen_n wrote: »
    Reading through this thread now is genuinely more confusing than when the bogball is on. It’s like getting dropped into a comicon debate about Klingon dialects.

I'll simplify this for you - anyone who says anybody is better than Tom Brady at anything is lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I'll simplify this for you - anyone who says anybody is better than Tom Brady at anything is lying.

Everybody in the world has a better personality than Tom Brady. So I guess hes's the best at not having one?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Jackson wont maintain this level, enjoy it while it lasts. I think Lucks crappy Injury record cost the world the next great rivalry between him and Mahomes

That's just opinion, but anyone who is still arguing for Rodgers over Brady is kidding themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The FAI have published their accounts, in an unbelievable amount of debt. Delaney paid nearly 500k to leave.

• Advertisement

The FAI have published their accounts, in an unbelievable amount of debt. Delaney paid nearly 500k to leave.

56 million in debt.

Absolutely massive scandal. Criminal charges very much on the table, looks like serious fraud.

How on earth is that possible?!

This puts another layer on the questionable expenses of the association. 3 have already gone as a sponsor (or at least are not renewing, open to correction), others will follow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Revised figures for
    2016: profit of 2.3m becomes profit of 66k.
    2017: profit of 2.8m becomes loss of 2.9m.

Sandalous stuff.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How the fcuk can you get a payoff in those circumstances.

Revenue will surely be all over them like a rash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

awec wrote: »
    How the fcuk can you get a payoff in those circumstances.

Revenue will surely be all over them like a rash now.

It seems once you reach a certain level of seniority your pay and performance get totally disconnected from each other, he has been accountable to absolutely nobody for about a decade. He has become vastly wealthy from the FAI and the absolute state he's left it in. Deloitte aren't even willing to say it's a going concern and are refusing to audit it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Been asked for advice by a former colleague in Wales, considering sending his son to Nigel Osborne's rugby in French thing - anyone sent their kids on this, is it worth it?

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Been asked for advice by a former colleague in Wales, considering sending his son to Nigel Osborne's rugby in French thing - anyone sent their kids on this, is it worth it?

I sent my kid on this and he's refused to take off his beret ever since. Wouldn't recommend.

Note: this didn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Just out of Jim Jefferies at the 3arena...top gig

Just out of Jim Jefferies at the 3arena...top gig

Just finished watching Joshua v Ruiz, not a top gig. Total muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Hmm, just saw the result...Ruiz came in too heavy by far imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Hmm, just saw the result...Ruiz came in too heavy by far imo

Way too heavy. Joshua came in lighter than last time, just kept moving and didn't let Ruiz get planted at all. Was an awful fight to watch, but a masterclass from AJ in terms of game plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

In terms of entertainment, horrendous. In terms of pugalism, it was a masterclass. Joshua absolutely dominated and picked Ruiz apart.

I recorded it though so I'll never need another sleeping pill.

Ruiz weighed in at 128kg ffs, so who knows what actual weight he was at the fight, though I doubt there was much of a weight cut going on there this week for him to have to rehydrate.

128kg is Butterbean territory.

A classic between the Saints and the 49ers tonight. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Funniest thing I've seen in a long while. The replies to the tweet are brilliant too. But it's absolutely for real and the site changed it within the last couple of hours after it took off on Twitter.

I thought that was the recipe for the majority of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I thought that was the recipe for the majority of my life
    If you thought that after having eaten one, I'd worry for your sense of taste. :D

In my defense, I was a very picky eater for years so never touched them. I'd say they would be better with mince meat to be honest!

In my defense, I was a very picky eater for years so never touched them. I'd say they would be better with mince meat to be honest!

Ah here, a wee mince pie with a bit of custard or brandy butter/cream is a joyous thing.

You need to expand your horizons.

• Advertisement

So hot on the heels of requiring a new work laptop, my home PC has now died.

I'm going to do a new build - budget 1500 - 2000. Anyone done a custom build recently or have any recommendations?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement