Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

He had previous it looks like but the bank would not necessarily have neen aware at the time.

Its ridiculous to say the bank should not make any effort to enforce its security and should give up if it seems difficult. The bank has already gone through years of court proceedings to get to this point. They will see this through to the end as they cannot be seen to back down. There is a simple solution... if the borrower paid his debts.
    Could he do with another Loan ? The banks should ensure as much as practically possible not to give the likes of this fella money .

They are actually costing their customers ; borrowers and people with money in the Bank a load of money .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

blinding wrote: »

They are actually costing their customers ; borrowers and people with money in the Bank a load of money .

Its funny that you would say the bank is costing people money when this guy refuses to repay his debts and ignores court orders...

Its funny that you would say the bank is costing people money when this guy refuses to repay his debts and ignores court orders...
    Had the bank not been foolish enough to give him money in the first place , Everybody including taxpayers would be much better off except perhaps the guy the bank was foolish enough to give money to .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Had the bank not been foolish enough to give him money in the first place , Everybody including taxpayers would be much better off except perhaps the guy the bank was foolish enough to give money to .

Sorry, i cant accept its the banks fault for lending the money. It was many years ago and it is likely his paperwork was in order at the time. If there was nothing to suggest that the borrower might default why would the bank not have loaned money to him

Sorry, i cant accept its the banks fault for lending the money. It was many years ago and it is likely his paperwork was in order at the time. If there was nothing to suggest that the borrower might default why would the bank not have loaned money to him
    They took a bad risk . Why should it be costing me money as a taxpayer .

For all we know they did Zero checks on the guy ! Maybe he was in on it with some insider in the Bank .

Shouldn’t the bank be paying for all the Taxpayers money for this . Court / Gardai’s etc etc etc .

Its not my fault the bank does not know how to run its affairs .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

There is a risk giving anyone a loan of a large amount of money. That's why they ask for an asset, such as a house, as security. If you get into difficulty with a loan, you can sell the house and pay back the bank, and find somewhere to rent.

pablo128 wrote: »
    There is a risk giving anyone a loan of a large amount of money. That's why they ask for an asset, such as a house, as security. If you get into difficulty with a loan, you can sell the house and pay back the bank, and find somewhere to rent.
    The bank are making a poor job of doing their business .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The bank are making a poor job of doing their business .

Well they are not helped by hordes of idiots camping in houses to prevent them from being repossessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

All the comments giving out about the banks but very few people criticising yer man for acting the bollix and not bothering to pay his debts.

There should be no issue here. The guy didn't bother paying his debts. He didn't even make an effort. He has a history of this. The bank should be able, unhindered, to repossess the property and sell it to recover some/all of their debts.

I could understand people having sympathy if it was someone who was doing their best to pay their debts, but this lad has done fcukall. It's not like they will be homeless living on the side of the road either. The family have other property.

This guy from Strokestown is pulling a stroke......... pun intended, and people are being stupid enough to turn a blind eye to his actions but are very quick to blame the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

BattleCorp wrote: »
    All the comments giving out about the banks but very few people criticising yer man for acting the bollix and not bothering to pay his debts.

There should be no issue here. The guy didn't bother paying his debts. He didn't even make an effort. He has a history of this. The bank should be able, unhindered, to repossess the property and sell it to recover some/all of their debts.

I could understand people having sympathy if it was someone who was doing their best to pay their debts, but this lad has done fcukall. It's not like they will be homeless living on the side of the road either. The family have other property.

This guy from Strokestown is pulling a stroke......... pun intended, and people are being stupid enough to turn a blind eye to his actions but are very quick to blame the banks.

Exactly, he should be ****ed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Blame the banks blame everyone else under the sun....typical irish victomhood bolloxology that dates back to colonianal times, and its getting tiresome tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Nonsense if you're paper work is in order then you qualify for a loan, the idea that this is the banks fault is rubbish

He remortgaged his family home to the value of 300000 then refused to pay, its his fault he is being thrown out on the street, the bank get the house as a result

That's how life works

frosty123 wrote: »
    Blame the banks blame everyone else under the sun....typical irish victomhood bolloxology that dates back to colonianal times, and its getting tiresome tbh

The idea of comparing the eviction to say time of the famine for example is an insult to the people of that time that were forced from their home

They had no choice in the matter, they were left on the road to die
    This guy in roscommon has land all over the place and plenty of assets to pay off his loan but won't

If people evicted from their homes in the 1800s had even the slightest chance to save there homes they would have,

The only thing simular is the bunch of loyalists hired to carry out the eviction, this is the only flaw made by the bank

Nonsense if you're paper work is in order then you qualify for a loan, the idea that this is the banks fault is rubbish

He remortgaged his family home to the value of 300000 then refused to pay, its his fault he is being thrown out on the street, the bank get the house as a result

That's how life works

Trouble is that he’s not out on the street. He doesn’t even live there, nor does the sister.

It wasn’t just the house mortgaged, but the farm too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

mgn wrote: »
    Yes, Read post 4159.

Thanks very much. I missed that story. It raises a lot more questions, as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

I wonder how these lads found each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Ardillaun wrote: »
    I wonder how these lads found each other?

Probably met up at the Ard Fheis in the bold corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭downtown3858

Any word of this trail today

Any word of this trail today

no word yet , but if i was a betting man (or on drugs :pac:) the case went like this....

....the judge agreed after watching some youtube video that money dose not exist we can now all borrow what we like off the greedy banks and not pay a single penny back as of 12 o'clock tonight we are all mortgagee free :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ben gilroy is to be giving the keys to the city of dublin for his efforts in the case lets hope he dose a better job looking after them then he did the keys of his house :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

caff wrote: »

Bit of a movement is there...

caff wrote: »

I've no problem with this. The Strokestown lad has a long history of not bothering his hole paying for stuff and obviously doesn't give a fcuk about the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,604 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

BattleCorp wrote:
    I've no problem with this. The Strokestown lad has a long history of not bothering his hole paying for stuff and obviously doesn't give a fcuk about the law.
    There are two pretty harmless people involved who are gonna pay for their brothers misdeeds. How do you feel about them?
    I've been told that in their father's will it was stated that they were to have use of the house until their deaths.

eagle eye wrote: »
    There are two pretty harmless people involved who are gonna pay for their brothers misdeeds. How do you feel about them?
    I've been told that in their father's will it was stated that they were to have use of the house until their deaths.

I'm not that sympathetic to be honest.

It's the bank/lenders house so they have no right to be there. Apparently the courts agree.

If my father left me a right to live in the family home until my death, does that mean that the mortgage doesn't have to be paid any more? Not a chance.

And don't forget that if the guy in Strokestown doesn't pay his mortgage, someone else has to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

You’ve been told? By who?

Does their father’s will trump the law of the land and because he says so they don’t have to bother their hole paying the mortgage?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,569 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If everyone stopped paying their mortgages the country would be in a very bad state. They didn’t keep the agreement with the bank or building society and were evicted.
    That’s what happens.

Would someone not tell them to ignore the eegit who is their eyes and ears. They’re being fed nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,604 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

BattleCorp wrote:
    I'm not that sympathetic to be honest.

fullstop wrote:
    Does their father’s will trump the law of the land and because he says so they don’t have to bother their hole paying the mortgage?

If everyone stopped paying their mortgages the country would be in a very bad state. They didn’t keep the agreement with the bank or building society and were evicted. That’s what happens.

I'm talking about harmless people here in that they are not that capable of looking after themselves.
    There originally wasn't a mortgage, the other brother re-mortgaged the property. He deserves nothing, he deserves to be turfed out on the street. I'm talking about two very poor, very harmless siblings.
    If you don't have any sympathy for them then imo you are deserving of any bad luck that comes your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I'm talking about harmless people here in that they are not that capable of looking after themselves.
    There originally wasn't a mortgage, the other brother re-mortgaged the property. He deserves nothing, he deserves to be turfed out on the street. I'm talking about two very poor, very harmless siblings.
    If you don't have any sympathy for them then imo you are deserving of any bad luck that comes your way.

What about the big sheds...what’s in those bad boys.

• Advertisement

People can have sympathy for these two people, but it's the fault of the brother that they are losing their home.
    If they cannot look after themselves it's now the job of the state to look after them
    That's also the brothers fault.
    So, yeah, I'm sure most people do have sympathy for them, but they can't stay in the house, that their brother didn't pay for.

Advertisement